Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2022/23 edition)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Climbing out the shower this morning, it was bloody tempting.

But not yet.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not yet, I'm still heading to work without a coat or additional layers and the house heats up nicely whilst cooking dinner. Nothing that an extra layer or a blanket won't deal with for the time being.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hasn’t been needed yet.
We have a wood burner that normally gets fired up sometime in October (although it was early November last year!).
Just bought in the winter’s supply -£280. Still had 4 weeks worth left from last winter so should be okay at that :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
House still 19-20c, no heat since April. Usually get to mid-Oct before start blipping the heating. Anything below about 17c and things gets a bit uncomfortable

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It went on today. Sitting in front of a laptop all day was a bit chilly.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There will a load of plumbers hoping people don't put their heating on so they can cash in on the frozen and burst pipes.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The actual temperature is 13C here at the moment but with a NW wind of 21 mph it feels like 10C

Just checked what it is here.

18d0f281c63d43b7dd312f80fa2c2b45.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our heating isn't on yet. Hoping to last out until October, but we will have it on when we need to.

In the meantime, heat the person and not the room. It's a lot cheaper to heat your body than a whole house full of cold air.

Have a good breakfast (e.g. porridge), layer up, increase your activity levels, wear a hat.

Amazon are selling these for WFH folk.

8898EC12-117B-4032-8EB2-033B45C518A5.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We haven’t, but I’m away for a long weekend and can pretty much guarantee Mrs D will have put it on before I get back :rolleyes:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Trying to hold off this year, wfh but have a blanket on my lap already, might invest in a heated blanket as always seems a waste to heat the whole house, when it's just me at home during the day.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

We've invested in one of these - they are superb, and very much cheaper than putting the c/h on.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Trying to hold off this year, wfh but have a blanket on my lap already, might invest in a heated blanket as always seems a waste to heat the whole house, when it's just me at home during the day.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

11 years between your first and second posts! Could be a NSC record.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's Tuesday, that's some weekend.

A wise way to sell it "You don't mind if us lads go away for a long weekend?" Sounds better than announcing the full 6 days.

Golf trip. It’s actually only 5 (Thurs-Mon), but started off as 2 many years ago :lolol:

Initially it was just a Saturday night in the UK (2 rounds) then became Fri and Saturday (3 rounds)…….then we decided to try going abroad so went for 3 nights (4 rounds), then decided the early morning flight and racing straight to the golf club was too stressful so travelled the night before. This year we’ve decided to fly in the morning to make the most of the day as we worked out no-one did anything on the day we travelled anyway………next year we might add a further day and have a mid-trip rest day :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here