Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Have you ever won a competition?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
91D2B7CE-C62B-429E-AF64-ACAAED0EFCD9.png

Jul 7, 2003
I won £750 on a TalkSport cash giveaway in 2007
2nd prize Withdean Wager of a tour
3rd prize Withdean Wager of a signed ball
Signed Euro 1992 England squad ball
A book from Danny Baker’s 5Live radio show in the mid 90s

And Joint winner of the 1988 Sports Personality of the Year at Portslade Community College

...and a professional footballer:whistle:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Won £125 back in the early 80s on the pools. My Brother in law however used to enter competitions like a hobby and won a fair few things. Two holidays a Hot air Balloon trip countless house hold appliances and cash.
I was the beneficiary of one of his wins. It was a flight in a Dakota which took off as part of the Biggin Hill air show. It included free drink and food and travel. Great day

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I once won ten pound in a beauty competition whilst playing monopoly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where did you place?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We shouldn't forget this lucky Nottinghamshire couple who won a cool £200k on the Postcode Lottery.

20201005_164453.jpg

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
I won a random spot prize for finishing the Newport 1/2 Marathon in 1985, at my first week of Uni.

A £20 voucher for Adidas trainers was presented to me by Sir James Saville, who called me 'professor'.

He was creepy as f.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I won a random spot prize for finishing the Newport 1/2 Marathon in 1985, at my first week of Uni.

A £20 voucher for Adidas trainers was presented to me by Sir James Saville, who called me 'professor'.

He was creepy as f.

SOunds like a lucky escape. :ohmy:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Think I posted this already on a separate thread but I wasn't too bad at Kart Racing and won four club championships and one regional (North West) championship.

Mostly because my dad was an ex TT Racer and the Kart he prepared for me was much faster than most other peoples.

Still needed a bold and skilled driver of course (this is beginning to sound like the Lewis Hamilton Thread) :lolol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was regular winner in both Sack races as well as the 3 legged race with 44th Brighton Scouts & Cubs. More recently won a dubious Pineapple drinking mug as came second with my wife in a Salsa dancing competetion, which didn't end well as the Cuban judge took too much of a liking to me......

Oh yes - I'd forgotten Scouts Sports Day. I won (with a lad called Graham) the wheelbarrow race one year. He was a strong bugger, just basically picked me up and ran, and I just touched the ground now and then with my hands! And your second story reminds me I won the cold spaghetti eating contest in a bar in Cairns many years ago, and my mate simultaneously won the didgeridoo blowing contest - so we had two bottles of champagne to share with a couple of nurses.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Week in a luxury resort in Mauritius.
Two bottles of Famous Grouse and four crystal glasses.
These two for doodled answers on beer mat competitions.
1500 Oz dollars on the pools a long time back.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Won a video of the 1990/91 Albion season, signed by Nicky Bissett.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Back in about 1971 or 72 my brother and I won a talent competition at Butlins, and we got through to the national final (the winner got to go on Junior Showtime!). It also won us a free week's holiday at Butlins when the Finals competition took place. (As my Dad said: "Second prize was two week's holiday at Butlins!")

Anyway, we didn't win so we never enjoyed a glittering career starring in variety shows, panel games and pantomimes. However it was the first time I met the BHA legend Nigel Erskine, who had also won one of the qualifying competitions. Those of you who know Nige may find this impossible to believe but he sang a medley of songs from Oliver! and he had a lovely voice (although he too didn't win).

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Tickets to Victorious Festival a few years ago on Heart (When it was all local, won't listen to that shrieking munter and Jamie Theakston). Ended up not being able to go and sold the tickets to a mate for £50.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
SV Darmstadt signed shirt
Spa weekend Ashby de la Zouche
Brentford v Spurs tickets this year

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I won the respect of David Hasselhoff by telling him he’d left his gloves on a table in soho c2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here