Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Have you ever won a competition?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
back in the mid 80's Via Beatties model shop near the clock tower, I entered and got a runner up prize in a design your own subbuteo team, prize was a free team of your choice . . .had I won they would have made my designed kit team .

I think I painted my own, as we regularly did back then. I don't recall which team I chose from the shop.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hereford and Worcester under 18 schools trampolining championship when I was 14. Trophy somewhere still. Tbh I only kept going due to some seriously fit girls in my club

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Won the weekly pool comp at a Weymouth caravan park back in the 80's

No big feat,as I was playing regularly back then

Oh,the prize?

Another week at the caravan park :lolol:

As no one else has dug up the Jurassic era joke yet........

......I assume second prize was two weeks?

*smashes drums and exits stage left*

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I won a 7" yellow vinyl copy of Hurdy Gurdy Man by the Butthole Surfers on the John Peel show. I used to tape it regularly and I still have the moment I won recorded somewhere. About a month after I had been announced as a winner, there was still no sign of my record so I wrote directly to Peel to ask politely if I was getting my prize. He duly sent it to me with a lovely note ( on a Gary Davies postcard) telling me he was sorry but he'd lost my address. I still have the vinyl but lost the postcard years ago.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I won a giant Weetabix stuffed toy and a Bertie Bassett watch from co-op when I was about 10.
I drew a picture of Jason Donovan for my little sister when she was really young, my mum sent it in to Just 17 and they published it. Also had a mural I painted used in an episode of Grange Hill.

D

Deleted member 2719

Name the new leisure centre in Selby. And the winner is "Selby leisure centre"! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I won ring side seats to Chris Eubank/Dan Sherry.

I was a bit further back, did Eubanks really connect in a way that Sherry made out ???

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Rudyard Kipling Junior School

Best Christmas card design 1986

My parents probably still have the certificate somewhere......

Cubs inter-sussex front crawl 100m 2nd place in the late 80's

Longhill High School yr9 Ms Taylor tutor group "holding your breath for longest" champion..... unofficial competition. Held in the staircase of T-Block, I remember waking up at the bottom of the stairs, apparently I passed out....

Fun times.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I won the St Luke's School Juniors Subbuteo league in June 1981. You only held the trophy for a month though.

I lost the 'World Cup Final' the following month though. That would have been a strange trophy to win as I donated it in the first place.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I won the Soccer AM ‘Take it like a fan’ quiz, winning the chance to take a penalty in front of the North stand at the Amex (half time of the Blackpool game, in the first Amex season), and slotted it home, to win £500 from ‘Fenners’ pocket, and a hug from Bianca Westwood :clap2:

45BDFD63-D63E-4712-8C63-4DC9BAC1A35D.jpeg

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was a bit further back, did Eubanks really connect in a way that Sherry made out ???
From what I can remember, yeah he did but my memory is often foggy.

I wasn't actually ringside, they are all flat on the floor, I was second row behind ringside which was a better view. I was also sat next to the trainers, second, fighters that were on the bill and were all from USA.

I also remember the ruckus with one of Chris's brothers kicking off ringside, to the right of where I was.
I tried getting to the after party, someone I knew was going but I couldn't get a ticket. Turns out there was no alcohol only OJ and they were charging for it! Glad I missed it! [emoji3]

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
There used to be a supporters scheme called Palace Lifeline some years ago which was set up to help the club buy players, iirc our monthly contributions did actually get spent on players, the most notable being Mark Bright. In return we had the chance to win monthly prizes such as signed balls etc plus a chance once a year to win a holiday at Ron Noades holiday villa.

FF to Jordan’s reign when the annual big holiday prize was converted to a cash prize of about 10k. Jordan being Jordan, a year went by without the raffle being held at all. When this was pointed out he announced they would hold it the following year for twice the prize money. I was one of the most vociferous voices arguing that this was wrong, suggesting it should be two equal prizes.

I won it.:facepalm:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I won 4 night trip to Denmark including staying at a very nice hotel, meals, drinks and some entertainment. This was a competition in a plumbing and heating trade magazine.
I was one of 100 that won the comp, so really this was a 4 day piss up with 99 other plumbers.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Won £600 on the Hat trick lottery against Palace in 2013 with only the second ticket I ever bought.

Had a few £500 wins on the Bingo in Worthing.

Won a few fishing rods over the years :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here