Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Have you ever won a competition?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Won a random newspaper draw for a signed copy of Beckham's first book.

In a cupboard somewhere.

What a life I've had.

Forgot, was working in Bahrain when I went to a Philippine Embassy do.

Won a prize in the raffle, a single cargo/freight ticket to Manila.

Gave it to a young nurse returning home.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have won a number of competitions in the past ranging from several sweepstakes for major sporting events to Lyme Regis News contributor of the year in 1998.

View attachment 130363

Steve, from Selby won a notable competition recently, but what have you ever won??

???

the sheer innovative thinking Steve has shown here in seeking out that utterly brilliant moniker for the "Selby Leisure Centre" leaves me completely in awe of my fellow human.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I won tickets to the opening rugby world cup game in 2015.

Also in 2014 I won tickets for hospitality at a rugby game as well.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
won a car in a raffle , supposed to be a sported up mitsubishi lancer worth 18k , when i went to get it they had sold it and offered me a purple micro off the forecourt worth 12 k ....didn't end well for them , got 18 k cash. spent it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Does the NSC Quiz European Championship count?

I did win a 6 month supply of Abbott Ale a few years back.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
the sheer innovative thinking Steve has shown here in seeking out that utterly brilliant moniker for the "Selby Leisure Centre" leaves me completely in awe of my fellow human.

Named after three-time World Snooker Championship winner Mark Selby, I presume. It's good to see him get the recognition he deserves.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Won the weekly pool comp at a Weymouth caravan park back in the 80's

No big feat,as I was playing regularly back then

Oh,the prize?

Another week at the caravan park :lolol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I used to enter competitions as something to do on lunch breaks at my old job.

From memory, I have won:
- Grandstand tickets to the British Grand Prix
- £200
- A decent cycling jersey
- Loads of USN protein powder, bars and accessories
- A scrum cap signed by Tom Croft
- Some light up pens
- An adidas t-shirt
- BHAFC tickets (back in the Withdean days)
- Tickets to the Premiership 7's finals
- A mobile phone speaker

I always apply one golden rule - only entering a competition if I genuinely would like the prize. There are some real 'compers' out there that enter anything, which destroys the point for me, by not using the prize or selling it on, they are depriving someone of a prize that would really like it. I can genuinely say that I wanted all of the above (even the flashy pens!).

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Won the weekly pool comp at a Weymouth caravan park back in the 80's

No big feat,as I was playing regularly back then

Oh,the prize?

Another week at the caravan park :lolol:

Brother won the singing comp ,Dad won the Darts and brother in law won a pool comp on a site in Perranporth all in the same week . As you say all won another week for the last week of the season ,which was finals week.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Won top prize in a Stella competition in the local pub ,2 flights to Brussels . Gave them to 2 mates who had tickets to Euro 2000 a year later,because i wasn't going too use them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I won a trip to Arsenal Colney training ground for one of the last England training sessions before the South Africa world cup. Met all the squad, got them to sign an England shirt still framed in my office. Not sure what my choice of framed photo with Wayne Rooney & John Terry says about me.

Also 'won' a trip to the press conference at Wembley where Roy Hodgson announced the final 2014 World Cup squad. Hung around in the press area as the squad sheet came out with all the sports writers were and then 10 of us had 15 minute chat with Roy Hodgson in the home changing room after. Was working in Canary Wharf and somehow got away with going missing for 3 hours of an afternoon

Not sure who I impressed at the FA for those.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Won a kettle as second prize in a school raffle in c1980. Bit annoyed as third prize was a football signed by the Albion team...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve won first prize in the lottery of life!!!!

Seriously, my future son in law last month won 13,00 quid on Skybet bingo.

They gave him 5 free goes, he won the money, and closed his account,:O

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
In 2015 I won a secret competition to play for a football League club for 13 games. Sadly I'm completely unfit, can't really be bothered and had no idea what football was. I went for Brighton and Hove Albion as it was close by and assumed the identity of Leon Best

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here