Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have You Ever Been To A Reunion?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I literally shudder to think what would happen if the 6th Form School Leavers from Bognor Regis Comprehensive School - 1977, ever got together.

It would be carnage on every level.

I still keep in contact with a few and we have a Football Club reunion every 3/4 months, but that's about it.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
I had one in may. Was in two minds. Figured too since I last saw everyone and was over it. But got collered into it so went. Actually had a good time and saw loads of old mates. Rolled indoors at 3.30am, hammered. Throughly enjoyed it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will of course be going to a reunion on October 3rd.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Got invited to a Hazelwick (Crawley) re union a while ago.

Thought about it, and fancied it, but felt I had moved on from people from school, so didn't go.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Went to my 10 year school reunion and the 20 year one. Was a bit nervous but once the beer got flowing, everyone seemed to relax and have a good time. Through the power of the interwebby thing and facebook, i have kept in touch with many school friends. I went to school in Ringmer and still see loads of people from school around Lewes and have frequent meet ups. A school mate comes over every year from New Zealand and he's over now so we're having a decent get together on the 4th Oct and i can't wait

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Went to an RAF reunion of which back then we were a close nit group of friends.

Came away somewhat disappointed after they tried to relive times long gone and we had each developed and grown up in different directions....I firmly believe in the saying never go back!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Full of people looking to boast how well they're doing and bore you with baby photos. Hideous look at me-ers

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Got one coming up - mixed feelings as to whether to go or not.

Did you enjoy yours?
Meet up just before Xmas. Old Knoll school 62-67/68. 2012 was 50 years since we all started school together and always good to catch up. Have sadly lost a couple the last few years which proves time just flies by.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've just this week, had a facebook message out of the blue, from my first real girlfriend, who I've not seen in 15 years, inviting me to a Hove Park School one.

She's really quite lovely, but I won't be going.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've just this week, had a facebook message out of the blue, from my first real girlfriend, who I've not seen in 15 years, inviting me to a Hove Park School one.

She's really quite lovely, but I won't be going.

Wise move. It's probably her husband posing as her and wants to beat you round the head with a large stick.

On the broader question, I'd rather chew my arm off than talk to old Vardinians about what I am up to now and then pretend to give a shit about them. If I wanted to stay in contact I would have done. Quite why anyone wants to make small talk with people you probably hated at school beats me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We were invited to an old falmer school 1977 leavers one, primarily for my wife's year group..5th years at The Swann at falmer. . A few came along from 6th form, but it was a bit odd to see so many people from the old days that you did not recognise.

Because of my dads work, Ichanged school every 2 years from nursery, so didn't really ever get time to make long term friendships.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never been to one, but would love to try one - it's just that the places and times I've been in don't seem to have reunions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here