Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Have you 'appeared' in TV clips?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My sleeve was in Noel's Christmas Surprises, or whatever it was called, walked past filming on Whitehall, also was in the video "Like to get to know you well", filmed in Villiers St very early one Saturday morning. Not a glittering career I'll agree, but I was consistent in that it was only ever arm or leg shots!

Is the like to get to know you well, the Howard Jones vid?If it was ithink the Portsmouth Field Gun team were in it and i knew about 3 of them

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Mid week England Game at Wembley the cameras homed in on the the old England Surporters group who we went to the game with and they dressed in Union Jack suits and had seats on the halfway line but unfortunately my mate was seen by his boss and he got a right old bolxxxx next morning when he went into work as he had skived of work to go to the game.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Appeared on a news quiz called What's Happening, hosted by Tommy Boyd in the mid eighties . We represented Southern Sound Radio, and we lost heavily to a team from Stoke

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Got collared by a camera crew in New York last year and was asked if I'd give a vox pop interview, always happy to oblige I agreed.

First question "What do you think of the current situation in Africa?"

Answer "Which part?.....You do know that Africa is a pretty big continent and there's loads of stuff going on all over it?"

Puzzled silence from interviewer end of my TV career:down:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Peter West interviewing Garfield Sobers on the field at the County Ground with a 12 year old me stuck in the middle behind them giving it large. It wasn't until the following week that my Maths Master at school commented on it and I realised what a prat I must have looked.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Top of the Pops in 1965, filmed in an old chapel/studio in Manchester. The Kinks & Long John Baldrey were amongst the performers. The Kinks arrived in 2 Dormobiles and after the show they, LJB, myself and a couple of girls drove over to Preston to go 10 tin bowling. Still have the Kinks autographs almost 50 years later. Oh, the DJ? You guessed JS!

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
loads of times in the North Stand
eg with a bit of imagination , directly behind the goal at the Man City FA Cup game in 1983

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is the like to get to know you well, the Howard Jones vid?If it was ithink the Portsmouth Field Gun team were in it and i knew about 3 of them

This was down Villiers St, early one morning with what looked like a load of people that has just crawled out of Heaven, next to Charing Cross Station, don't think that would include a Field Gun Crew but I'm not saying it wouldn't!!!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Appeared on 100% on Channel 5 5 times in the last 90s. And You've Been Framed with an indoor sky diving fail.

As for brief glimpses, I had one yesterday in a way. A very small part of the video capture I did for the film From Bedrooms to Billions was used to trail an interview with the creators on BBC Breakfast yesterday morning. Also a brief glimpse on South East today pouring water over Des Lynam at Withdean (As well as a Palace fan) as well as climbing the fence to applaud the players at the old Den in the early 90s. And when I was young, we went to collect our cat from Raystede and was filmed walking to the car by Richard Baker - never did find out what it was for or if it was ever broadcast.

Also, on a family holiday in Jersey once, we were walking along the seafront, turned a corner and interrupted a scene being filmed for Bergerac. It was supposed to be summer so our winter coats ruined the illusion and a walk on part alongside Nettles was denied.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This was down Villiers St, early one morning with what looked like a load of people that has just crawled out of Heaven, next to Charing Cross Station, don't think that would include a Field Gun Crew but I'm not saying it wouldn't!!!

Was there a bit in it around Trafalgar square? I thought I remembered seeing it, and recognising several peopl, could be wrong tho.

They probably wouldn't let Field gunners in to Heaven.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Was there a bit in it around Trafalgar square? I thought I remembered seeing it, and recognising several peopl, could be wrong tho.

They probably wouldn't let Field gunners in to Heaven.

If they did, I'd buy a ticket to see their faces!

Don't know where else it was filmed, I seem to remember the Villiers St was just a part of it though, I'll need to delve into my video collection!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here