Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Have you 'appeared' in TV clips?

I was interviewed on itv when we won the division and the parade was down by the Palace Pier, they showed it dispite me sounding like a jibbering idiot, which due to the fact I had just appeared from a Sussex match that afternoon and it was safe to say I'd had a few

A few appearances on Noel Edmonds House Party - Gotchas and NTV - some of which survive as You Tube items.

At the height of its popularity, sixteen million people used to watch this show.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why such a downer on Ed?

I just don't think he was as good as Richard, that's all. He doesn't like talking about his time on the programme much, saying on one occasion that he doesn't like to think of himself as a game show host - he's a musician. It kind of felt that way slightly at the time too. Don't get me wrong - I had a ball and would do it again without hesitation, but I would have preferred it if Richard had been the host.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I just don't think he was as good as Richard, that's all. He doesn't like talking about his time on the programme much, saying on one occasion that he doesn't like to think of himself as a game show host - he's a musician. It kind of felt that way slightly at the time too. Don't get me wrong - I had a ball and would do it again without hesitation, but I would have preferred it if Richard had been the host.

Ok very good way of explaining it, yes he does still feel he is a musician, hangs onto to his punk roots but only likes doing acoustic sets these days which arn't my cup of tea.
How long did he do the series for?

... and then there was the time that Nigel Farage and I caught the imagination of the South East with our vision of how politics could be different.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/politics_show/5335120.stm

The most interesting bit of that day was the conversation that took place off-camera, when Farage and I both had a pop at the Lib Dem.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was interviewed by Sky before the away game at Leicester in 2004 and it was aired prior to the game. Talking about the most important thing being the stadium ........

I've never seen any footage, but I was told at the time that I was on Grandstand in 1979 at Newcastle - standing on a crush barrier leading the singing. I really wish that was available on YouTube.

I might have been in the background on Seaside Special as well. On a ferry bound for Jersey. :blush:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ok very good way of explaining it, yes he does still feel he is a musician, hangs onto to his punk roots but only likes doing acoustic sets these days which arn't my cup of tea.
How long did he do the series for?

The last two seasons - '94 and '95...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yup.

Three appearances on 'They Know It's All Over', the spectacularly crap quiz show hosted by ITV Digital before it went bust.
I then became the Business News and Newspaper commentator for 'Channel M', a cable channel in Manhcester, before it went bust (theme developing here).
Since then have appeared on BBC News a few times locally and on BBC Breakfast in the business slot, and I HAVE seen Steph McGivern's tattoo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here