Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have we blown it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have a horrid feeling our Euro chances are going down to the final game of the Season at Villa - I sincerely hope not but our squad is looking a bit depleted now with those key injuries. Praying for the miracle to happen this afternoon🤞
Danny Welbeck loves scoring at Villa Park.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I do think our season may fizzle out, but whatever happens it has been an exciting Albion type ride.
Would be more than happy with a point today.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Reluctantly I think yes, the Champions League is just out of our reach and we’ll fall agonisingly short

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The state of this bedwetter thread.
Europa league was never a doubt in my mind after 1 bad game :D

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The state of this bedwetter thread.
Europa league was never a doubt in my mind after 1 bad game :D
To be fair, not all of us bought into it (see post 46).

Look, it's easy to be wise after the event. And we were particularly dire against Everton which caused some to doubt.

But the sheer number of games left with points up for grabs made me think that we'd have enough chances.

It just so happened that we took our first of the 5 chances of points.

Suits me, you and everyone else on here, I'm sure! :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We haven't blown anything. As RDZ rightly pointed out, the target was top 10 and we will achieve that. Everything else is a bonus.

Just enjoy it and change your sheets.
This is still the correct take of course 🤍💙

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing
Incredible performance from the lads, absolutely buzzing and very very happy. Thought we might struggle today with our growing injury list but they ALL performed fantastically and battered Arsenal - Seagulls!!!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Saints would be the team to we would most likely ‘blow it’ against among the teams we have left to play now - but they are now relegated after loosing to Fulham and will have little to play for so I am not too concerned about them.

After a fantastic win today, this will anyway go down in the BHA history books as an incredible season regardless of the final league position - The year we lost our manager and backroom staff and several top players and yet had the best season on record with one of the best managers in Europe.

AND BTW Oh ye faint hearted, half empty glass fans, the end of this season is going as well as the beginning and middle 🙂

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Reluctantly I think yes, the Champions League is just out of our reach and we’ll fall agonisingly short
You are right. But it’s not of our own making. I’m convinced that we’ll miss the Champions League by the amount of points poor officiating has cost us. Incredibly frustrating but we’ll be better set for the elite European competition once we have had a season of Europa IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here