Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have we blown it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our upcoming ridiculous schedule is a consequence of a ridiculously lighter league schedule than other teams around us before now, Strolling around in the sunshine against Grimsby and postponements because of the success of others eg Newcastle gave us a comparatively easy schedule. Now it’s payback and we have to turn those games in hand into actual points. If we don’t then I incline towards the opinion of others that we will finish in the correct position regardless as what goes around comes around.
Agreed, I am just running with it. It’s been a fabulous season and as long as we don’t throw in the towel in the next few games It’ll be remembered as such, it is what it is to quote an ex manager.

Keep fighting regardless and we’ll see what happens. Exciting isn’t it?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
It’s not the recent results which are bothering me, it’s our injuries and ridiculous schedule.
Don’t know why we rearranged our matches for so late in the season , could of definitely played Bournemouth, Palace and Newcasl earlier in the season

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
A draw tonight puts us in a much better place. City will be a super tough game but a draw against Newcastle and villa and a win against Southampton and everything should be ok.
Our record against Villa is awful, Villa won 6 games on the trot at home , really hard to see us getting anything there ,
Newcastle will be really hard , might scrape a draw against City if they have already won the league ,
only win I can see is Southampton, but there again I thought that about Everton
really can’t see us getting anything from today’s match

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we’d said before the Man Utd game “is our European push over if we lose to United but beat Everton?” I don’t think many would have said it was. The fact the results came probably the opposite way most would have expected on paper doesn't change that. Monday was hugely deflating but we are both good enough to and should believe we can bounce back.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Change of tune on here. Was berated for saying the other day that we may not win another game.

IMO, the Spurs match may well prove to be the defining moment. Win that and all we need now is 2 points. I came away from the game feeling like I did after Middlesbrough, disappointed and frustrated with refereeing. I felt then that not only was justice not done, but that the result may well be crucial. It is particularly tough as Spurs fans don’t even value 6/7th.

I am preparing myself for the consolation that like 2016/17 it will come right subsequently, and perhaps we are not ready. But still very much in this; couple of bits of luck and solid performances may well be enough.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
These are a good side.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm sure Bozza pays people to start these threads for click bait, or NSRacoon is an alt Bozza account.

#Shitz&Giggles eh? :amex:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well aren’t we all a happy bunch of campers. What will be will be.
Personally I think we finish above Villa and probably Spurs, but the final day will be tense

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Everton game was a huge loss. But then again ManU game was a massive win. We'll finish where we deserve to finish really. Whatever happens from here on in, it's been one helluva season :albion2:
No.

Sorry.

Not this season. That classic dogma like ‘the table doesn’t lie’ just does not apply to us this season. We have had 5+ point taken off us by officials/VAR with subsequent apologies.

So - we ‘deserve’ to be in at least 6th place currently, two points off Liverpool.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Got a horrible feeling about today, I know the big clubs suit us and we have a good record against them and Arse’ but feel like Monday may have bolloxed our season, OR, am I BEDWETTING?
I thought the Forest game bolloxed our season, then we came across the mighty Manure, and got a result.
The same might happen today, you have to be a believer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Everytime Spurs keep losing, I continue the hope. It’s not just our scores - it’s everyone else. It’s such a fight at both ends, with nothing decided this late on. Scores are very hard to predict.
Would be gutting if we were to somehow finish below that deeply crappy Spurs side. That's about as near to failure as it gets this season

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well aren’t we all a happy bunch of campers. What will be will be.
Personally I think we finish above Villa and probably Spurs, but the final day will be tense
A final day nail-biter at Villa Park? What could possibly go wrong…

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A final day nail-biter at Villa Park? What could possibly go wrong…
Surely it’s about time the good guys come out on top though …

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We have so many chances with 3 games in hand, but that last game of the season is a flashback to 2017 and I don’t like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here