Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have to say

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's almost embarrassing that Palace fans come crawling back on here because of the result of one of OUR games. They are sitting through boring match after boring match at the moment (words of palace fans, not mine), and have next to nothing to cheer about their own club. Must be quite depressing for them

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah but you're supposed to be play off contenders, losing 6-0 is not a scoreline any team in the top 8 should be getting beaten by...... Brighton are finally showing that they are in a false position.....

Really? Thought you lot were laughing at that suggestion at start of season. Move the goalposts when wrong tho - it's funny.

PS - EIGHT points FLATTERS you. We said we had the better squad, you said we were arrogant / needed taking down a peg or two - we were right - funny what a level playing field (eg owning a stadium) can do isn't it. What a dull last few months you've had - no wonder attendances are falling (well the attendances you publish which aren't actually correct eh.)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How are things looking down there? (Echo...echo...echo)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah but you're supposed to be play off contenders
According to whom? We were surprised to be in the running for the play-offs, we didn't expect to be there. See the many polls on where people thought we'd finish this season, the vast majority thought we'd be mid-table.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm looking forward to Tuesday night for one reason. The play-offs have always meant nothing to me, I'd have hated for us to go up, but the CRUCIAL thing this season was finally sorting out the total farce that is us finishing below Palace for christ knows how many years in a row. They're losing at Reading on Tuesday, so a win for us and the game is up, victory is ours. I can't wait.

Pssst. They're at Pompey, so unfortunately on this occasion, three points is feasible. If they can score.

#128days

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Laughing at your rivals misfortune is part of the game I guess.

It's why I shall be chuckling heartily when Wilfred Zaha moves to Bolton for £3m in the summer and Palace replace him with some overrated lumbering league one clodhopper like Gary Madine.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really? Thought you lot were laughing at that suggestion at start of season. Move the goalposts when wrong tho - it's funny

It's hilarious how much they've moved the goalposts this season, to try to somehow make out that our season has been a failure;

Aug 2011 "Your lot will go straight back down to league one where you belong"
Oct 2011 "weeds might stay up but we'll finish comfortably above them"
Dec 2012 "they might finish above us but no chance will they finish top half"
Feb 2012 "playoffs? you're avin a bubble, they won't be anywhere near them"

and so on, and so on.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh, they must be playing Reading on Saturday then. That's a shame as I was thinking earlier that we could have arguably the ultimate football day of all time tomorrow with us confirming we will finish ahead of Palace AND Portsmouth going down, but that's a bit trickier if they're playing each other.

Could a 0-0 draw (VERY possible with the teams involved) not possibly do both jobs for us?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Laughing at your rivals misfortune is part of the game I guess.

It's why I shall be chuckling heartily when Wilfred Zaha moves to Bolton for £3m in the summer and Palace replace him with some overrated lumbering league one clodhopper like Gary Madine.

Don't be so cynical, the last time Palace signed a big, moody, northern, ex Carlisle, League One striker with the initials GM, it was a ROARING success.........oh.

#128days

Oct 25, 2003
i need to track down the palace fans that were so confident that we'd do shit that they bet me £20 that they'd finish AT LEAST THREE places above us

brilliant stuff........one result doesn't change the fact that this season has been brilliant....regardless of whether we make the play-offs or not we're still better than palace

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's hilarious how much they've moved the goalposts this season, to try to somehow make out that our season has been a failure;

Aug 2011 "Your lot will go straight back down to league one where you belong"
Oct 2011 "weeds might stay up but we'll finish comfortably above them"
Dec 2012 "they might finish above us but no chance will they finish top half"
Feb 2012 "playoffs? you're avin a bubble, they won't be anywhere near them"

and so on, and so on.

Indeed. It was always "too early to be looking at the league table", we were told to wait a month, then two then three etc etc.

Reminded me of their little party they were setting up at Selhurst Park to celebrate our relegation.

Same point with attendances - after the first few games it was "see how many turn up when you start losing", then "see how the numbers drop after Xmas" etc etc, but they seem to have gone a bit quiet on that one lately.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PS: Simster, how DARE you suggested the Most Promising Young Player On Earth (Zaha) be valued at only £3 million. I can only assume your zero key isn't working and you really meant £300 million for Winifred.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah but you're supposed to be play off contenders, losing 6-0 is not a scoreline any team in the top 8 should be getting beaten by...... Brighton are finally showing that they are in a false position.....

8. EIGHT Now where have I heard that before?
Ah yes, the number of fans who could be bothered to turn up to meet your administration Saviours CPFC2010 and the players. 8 EIGHT points above you and 8 EIGHT places in the table.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
It would appear that in fact 8, not 3 is the magic number.

And good work TCB - tomorrow now for also takes on huge proportions. Farewell Pompey. And a league finish above Palace. Superb. What a season and what a future.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 28

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
PS: Simster, how DARE you suggested the Most Promising Young Player On Earth (Zaha) be valued at only £3 million. I can only assume your zero key isn't working and you really meant £300 million for Winifred.
Even better would be to see him start the season with Palace, for them to be in the bottom 5 by Christmas, and hopefully he will sold for a cut price £750k (plus appearance related clause) to a bigger and better Championship club. Like Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here