Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hasidic Jews look like freaks

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I, too, met some very loathsome Israelis - all the more depressing when the hatred and suspicion they had of their Arab neighbours sat alongside an otherwise cosmopolitan modernity that I can easily relate to.

But I don't condemn all Israelis in that way. It's a very polarised society - in some respects, all the more interesting because of this.

And my apologies for having been there. I guess widespread travel is one of the benefits of age.

I am not having a pop at you directly LB but be fair, you do come across as a bit of a know all mate.

no apologies for having been there mate, its a f***ed up part of the world we could all do well to understand a little better.

I am as guilty of prejudice. I may rail against the presence of Islam in Britain but f*** me I love arab culture and if I had to chose between some agressive nasty zionist and a hospitable arab (like I have found many times in my life) I know which one I would chose.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I'm not a Zionist but the point I'm making is the selective nature of how people interpret history. You perfectly right to point to Resolutions 194 and 242 but why then is 181 invalid and those not? Equally it is perfectly correct to say that Israel should withdraw from the West Bank, but is it invalid to point out the Jordan occupied the same land from 1948 to 1967 but effectively tried to annex it rather than establish a provisional Palestinian state on it?

Sorry but i dont understand your point re Jordan - Palestine was recognised by the League of Nation in 1922 as a totally seperate entity and David Ben-Gurions proclamation re the new Jewish state in 1948 recognised that its border was the same as the previous frontier between Palestine and Jordan ie they were two seperate countries!

On your other point re the validity of Res 181 perhaps the Arabs didnt see it as particularly valid as it gave less than one-third of the population more than half of the land including the most fertile areas - any reasonable person would surely see this as being totally unfair??!!

It's also worth pointing out that 181 was only passed after a sustained campaign by the Zionists and America exerting pressure or promises to get the resolution passed.

In the wider context the Arab world is generally behind the recent Saudi plan for Israel to withdraw to pre-67 borders in return for peace - this will never happen as Israel will not give up the land it has previously won, and so it continues......!

Dandyman

In London village.
Sorry but i dont understand your point re Jordan - Palestine was recognised by the League of Nation in 1922 as a totally seperate entity and David Ben-Gurions proclamation re the new Jewish state in 1948 recognised that its border was the same as the previous frontier between Palestine and Jordan ie they were two seperate countries!

On your other point re the validity of Res 181 perhaps the Arabs didnt see it as particularly valid as it gave less than one-third of the population more than half of the land including the most fertile areas - any reasonable person would surely see this as being totally unfair??!!

It's also worth pointing out that 181 was only passed after a sustained campaign by the Zionists and America exerting pressure or promises to get the resolution passed.

In the wider context the Arab world is generally behind the recent Saudi plan for Israel to withdraw to pre-67 borders in return for peace - this will never happen as Israel will not give up the land it has previously won, and so it continues......!

In fairness I tend to agree with your final paragraph.

Jordan as you probably know also fought a bloody little war with the PLO in 1970 and has always been more interested in the gains for the Hashemite royal family than for the Palestinians in any changes in the former mandate territory.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
UN Resolution 181 divided the Palestine Mandate into Arab and Jewish states. If the Arab landowners had accepted it in principle then there would have been a Palestinian state in 1948 (or according to some views a second Palestinian state as Trans-Jordan was created out of the original mandate territory after WW1). It's fair enough to be politically opposed to Israel but people should be mindful of history.
and people shouldnt twist history either,why the hell would the arabs accept what was essentially a raw deal? Israel is a state borne out of terrorism, do the names deir yassin ,or the the king david hotel mean anything to you?how about the irgun or the stern gang ? and they are still at it now , with the west bank settlements , and the so called peace wall, which is a land grab in all but name, most of israel was stolen from people who had lived there for thousands of years ,and i have seen people with broad new york accents on tv telling us that "god promised us this land", israelis are always banging on about people " questioning israels right to exist", well i do, put simply ,you cannot f*** off to all four corners of the world and come back two thousand years later claiming that god promised us this land, realistically israel is not going away, but until israel stops behaving like the cynical , greedy for land bully that it is , there will never be a realistc chance of peace in the area.

*stand by for the depressingly predictable charges of anti semitism*

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
and people shouldnt twist history either,why the hell would the arabs accept what was essentially a raw deal? Israel is a state borne out of terrorism, do the names deir yassin ,or the the king david hotel mean anything to you?how about the irgun or the stern gang ? and they are still at it now , with the west bank settlements , and the so called peace wall, which is a land grab in all but name, most of israel was stolen from people who had lived there for thousands of years ,and i have seen people with broad new york accents on tv telling us that "god promised us this land", israelis are always banging on about people " questioning israels right to exist", well i do, put simply ,you cannot f*** off to all four corners of the world and come back two thousand years later claiming that god promised us this land, realistically israel is not going away, but until israel stops behaving like the cynical , greedy for land bully that it is , there will never be a realistc chance of peace in the area.

There is nothing anti-semitic about recounting history.

The anti-semitic nature of this thread has been caused by crass generalisations. And I happen to agree with you for once.

Originally Posted by bushy

In reply...............................

No Israel was not a state bourne out of terroism. It was created by the UN given that 6 million Jews in Europe were massacred.

Just as many arabs do not live in arab countries, it is not compulsory for jews to live in Israel either.

Regarding land. Israel covers less than 1% of the middle east. The arabs have 99% of the land and some are seeking part/all of Israel.

Poor arabs, I really feel sorry for them.

As for the palestinians, Egypt or Jordan don't want them either.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

No Israel was not a state bourne out of terroism. It was created by the UN given that 6 million Jews in Europe were massacred.

Just as many arabs do not live in arab countries, it is not compulsory for jews to live in Israel either.

Regarding land. Israel covers less than 1% of the middle east. The arabs have 99% of the land and some are seeking part/all of Israel.

so on that basis if , for example , the scots and the welsh start demanding england back because we stole it from them 2000 years ago, its up to the germans and danes to take us in ? and by the way , i suggest you check up on some of the names i posted in the previous thread before you start questioning my assertion that israel was borne out of terrorism, which makes israels stance of " not negotiating with terrorists" even more cynical and absurd.
The Sergeants affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.deiryassin.org/
King David Hotel bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Irgun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stern Gang (Zionist extremist organization) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Was discussing the subject of Hasidic Jews with an Indian guy last night and he came up with another freaky lot .... Sikhs! Turbans and all that hair! And similarly they force their male children to follow the father's "hair style"!

Anti-Semitic? Moi?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What about all the various tribes in the Amazon or Africa or tatooed South Islanders? Wouldn't it be dull if everyone conformed to your ideals Goldstone?

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you have turned your attention to Hasidic Jews. You have already covered much of the Third World, people with disabilities, the police, immigrants, the armed forces and so on...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What about all the various tribes in the Amazon or Africa or tatooed South Islanders? Wouldn't it be dull if everyone conformed to your ideals Goldstone?

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you have turned your attention to Hasidic Jews. You have already covered much of the Third World, people with disabilities, the police, immigrants, the armed forces and so on...

Having a bit of a debate does keep life interesting though, doesn't it?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
anyone who believes in a man in the sky is a f***ing idiot and should not be indulged or encouraged in any form. putting up magic f***ing wires in London is f***ing insanity.

Jan 30, 2008

why would they want them, their where they should be in a suppressed way

Dandyman

In London village.

Oddly enough I agree with the last sentence and I don't think it is anti-semitic.

Israel was created by the UN out of a mandate territory and terrorism probably just put more pressure on the British government that existed in the first place rather then creating the state. Arab terrorism existed in the 1920's and 1930's btw.

It is worth remembering however that the UK which welcomed East European quislings and SS murderers after the war prevented large numbers of Jews entering the country. This raises the question of what the survivors of the holocaust then should have done - returned to live next to the people that have tried to exterminate them?, demand a piece of German land big enough for several million people, attempt to share Palestine/Israel with the Arabs? The last option was the policy of some groups such as Hashomer Hatzair but fell to opposition from both the Zionist right and the Arab ruling class which tends not to take us any further forward.

For what it is worth I support a two state initial solution followed by the encouragement of political/economic/social/cultural ties between all the countries of the region.

Jan 30, 2008
Oddly enough I agree with the last sentence and I don't think it is anti-semitic.

Israel was created by the UN out of a mandate territory and terrorism probably just put more pressure on the British government that existed in the first place rather then creating the state. Arab terrorism existed in the 1920's and 1930's btw.

It is worth remembering however that the UK which welcomed East European quislings and SS murderers after the war prevented large numbers of Jews entering the country. This raises the question of what the survivors of the holocaust then should have done - returned to live next to the people that have tried to exterminate them?, demand a piece of German land big enough for several million people, attempt to share Palestine/Israel with the Arabs? The last option was the policy of some groups such as Hashomer Hatzair but fell to opposition from both the Zionist right and the Arab ruling class which tends not to take us any further forward.

For what it is worth I support a two state initial solution followed by the encouragement of political/economic/social/cultural ties between all the countries of the region.
who were these SS murders then, LETS FACE IT PARTS OF EUROPE WANTED THE JEWS OUT .and then to be given some land and then to claim it as the state of Israel and to persecute the people who were already there seems hypocritical ??

Last edited:

who were these SS murders then, LETS FACE IT PARTS OF EUROPE WANTED THE JEWS OUT .and then to be given some land and then to claim it as the state of Israel and to persecute the people who were aleady their seems hypocritical ??

Consult your history books. Your statement is even more warped than Nick Griffin's of the BNP. It doesn't warrant a reply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here