Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hasidic Jews look like freaks

Just seen this post !
what is going on here ? we get a jewish chairman and now every time i log on i see another anti-jewish post which turns anti-israel post.
are jews now not wanted on northstandchat? starting to feel that way!
life long albion fan and a jew here hope's the ANTI-SEMTIC posts will stop on here soon please.:ascarf:

Don't let it concern you it was the catholics and moslems getting stick on here the other week so its only fair you take your turn, protestant are up for it next.

f***ing Freaks

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
Just seen this post !
what is going on here ? we get a jewish chairman and now every time i log on i see another anti-jewish post which turns anti-israel post.
life long albion fan and a jew here hope's the ANTI-SEMTIC posts will stop on here soon please.:ascarf:

If you feel that the rules have been broken you should file a complaint, I too, am worried about the general state of the forum and if I was in the club I would want to distance myself from it.

May 22, 2008
If you feel that the rules have been broken you should file a complaint, I too, am worried about the general state of the forum and if I was in the club I would want to distance myself from it.
i have done i defo think rules have been broken if not the law!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just seen this post !

To be honest it's usually Muslims that cop most of the racial bigotry on this site. In all the time I've posted on NSC I've seen very few anti-sematic postings so mabye you should wind your neck in before you start screaming anti-sematism. People are allowed to dislike Israeli foreign policy, it's not against the law.

The last person to screm anti-sematism was Bubba, now that was a very strange episode indeed :lolol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why are there so many holier than thou wankers on here who cant see the difference between Jews and Israel?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
To be honest it's usually Muslims that cop most of the racial bigotry on this site. In all the time I've posted on NSC I've seen very few anti-sematic postings so mabye you should wind your neck in before you start screaming anti-sematism. People are allowed to dislike Israeli foreign policy, it's not against the law.

The last person to screm anti-sematism was Bubba, now that was a very strange episode indeed :lolol:

This thread was not intended to be an anti-semitic.

I was, if you can remember that far back, saying that the hasidic jews looked like freaks and that they should not force their male kids to look the same.

Nothing said by me about the remainder of the jewish race. I certainly have nothing against them.

Lot's of arabs also look like freaks, the principal example being the women forced usually by their husbands to wear the niqab or burqa.

And there are some pretty freaky looking christians out there. The amish for example.

One of the great things about being an atheist however is that no one forces us to look freakish. If we want to it's our choice. Personally I prefer not to.

This thread was not intended to be an anti-semitic.

I was, if you can remember that far back, saying that the hasidic jews looked like freaks and that they should not force their male kids to look the same.

Nothing said by me about the remainder of the jewish race. I certainly have nothing against them.

Lot's of arabs also look like freaks, the principal example being the women forced usually by their husbands to wear the niqab or burqa.

And there are some pretty freaky looking christians out there. The amish for example.

One of the great things about being an atheist however is that no one forces us to look freakish. If we want to it's our choice. Personally I prefer not to.

In answer to the point that you have raised:

'Hasidic Jews look like freaks'.

If you moved the clock back 100 years then someone seeing what we wear today in the westernised world would look different too. If you go back even further, say 200 years, then our ancestors would think that we look particularly freeky. Indeed if you were transported to certain parts of the world today e.g. within the amazon or parts of africa, westernised clothing would seem very strange, today!

So 'Why do Hasidic men stand out in a crowd?'

Their mode of dress is instantly distinctive. Black suits with long black coats, white shirts - coat and shirt buttoned right over left, that is, the reverse of conventional men's clothing, sometimes a shtreimel, a round fur-trimmed hat, a black silk gartel/girdle around his waist and always a beard (as prescribed in the Torah).

To the Hasid, this mode of dress proclaims him a servant of God. His clothing is a constant reminder to the outside world and to himself of his chosen religious discipline, his separateness.

This mode of dress, hearkens back some 300 hundred years to the birth of Hasidism to Poland and Ukraine.

So whilst the Hasidim will be wearing, un-doubtably the same type of clothes in 300 years time, I bet yours and my ancestors will look back at us and think how strange our clothing was back in the twenty first century"!

In answer to the point that you have raised:

'Hasidic Jews look like freaks'.

If you moved the clock back 100 years then someone seeing what we wear today in the westernised world would look different too. If you go back even further, say 200 years, then our ancestors would think that we look particularly freeky. Indeed if you were transported to certain parts of the world today e.g. within the amazon or parts of africa, westernised clothing would seem very strange, today!

So 'Why do Hasidic men stand out in a crowd?'

Their mode of dress is instantly distinctive. Black suits with long black coats, white shirts - coat and shirt buttoned right over left, that is, the reverse of conventional men's clothing, sometimes a shtreimel, a round fur-trimmed hat, a black silk gartel/girdle around his waist and always a beard (as prescribed in the Torah).

To the Hasid, this mode of dress proclaims him a servant of God. His clothing is a constant reminder to the outside world and to himself of his chosen religious discipline, his separateness.

This mode of dress, hearkens back some 300 hundred years to the birth of Hasidism to Poland and Ukraine.

So whilst the Hasidim will be wearing, un-doubtably the same type of clothes in 300 years time, I bet yours and my ancestors will look back at us and think how strange our clothing was back in the twenty first century"!

Are you not overlooking the uniformity issue here? My ancestors won't be looking BACK at me either, by the way - so I'll take that bet!
You could accuse fashions of being uniform, like jeans and t-shits, once flairs were in now it's straight-legs and boot cut. However, none of these regular daytime clothes are very uniform or restricted like the Hasidic garb (or quakers I suppose). They do look like weirdos, and their customs are weird.
Jesus refuted such restrictive superstition and mumbo jumbo in the New Testament, and was knocked off as a 'heretic' type, as a blasphemer who revolutionized their doctrine by repeating it at them - and performing miracles on the sabbath didn't go down well either.
According to them, "he was a very naughty boy"

Dandyman

In London village.
Why should the Palestinians have accepted the UN proposals - between the beginning of the 20th century to 1947 the Jewish population had increased from 10% to 30% and the fledgling Jewish state was to be given 55% of the land including the most fertile areas!!

If something similar happened in this country today would the British people accept it lying down - of course they wouldn't!

The irony is that we got involved in WWII partly to protect the sovereignty of Polands boundaries - yet there we were 9 years later conniving to do exactly the opposite to the Palestinian people!!

It amazes me that Resolution 181 is being discussed when Israel has not abided by a single UN Resolution - the most obvious examples being;

1948 - Res 194 re the Palestinians right of return to their homes in Israel
1967 - Res 242 re withdrawal of Israel from areas captured in the '67 war.

The flagrant continued building of settlements in the West Bank and the fact that successive Israeli administration have done f*** all to accomodate Palestinian aspirations means Israel will never rest in peace!

I'm not a Zionist but the point I'm making is the selective nature of how people interpret history. You perfectly right to point to Resolutions 194 and 242 but why then is 181 invalid and those not? Equally it is perfectly correct to say that Israel should withdraw from the West Bank, but is it invalid to point out the Jordan occupied the same land from 1948 to 1967 but effectively tried to annex it rather than establish a provisional Palestinian state on it?

I was the one to introduce the Old City of Jerusalem into this thread and spark off a load of vitriol about "occupied lands", the State of Israel and UN resolutions.

That wasn't my intention at all. There's a case for saying that Old Jerusalem has been one of the most enduring multi-cultural localties in the history of the world. It's had its moments, of course, but somehow it has survived. I'd like to think that it'll be around for a few more centuries - and that the Muslim quarter, the Jewish quarter, the Christian quarter and the Armenian quarter will all be as recognisable in the 22nd century as they were in the 19th.

It's a place that EVERYONE should visit.

Jan 30, 2008
How the f*** do you think children from whatever country, culture or religion they're from learn anything ? It's from the adults in their life, and primarily from their parents if the child is lucky enough to have any that care. Call it heritage, call it tradition or whatever you like, but it's all passed down to us from our parents and the society in which we grow up. Remember, children up to a certain age can't even dress themselves. Do you think the very clothes a parent chooses to put on their child is devoid of any social conditioning, belief system or tradition then ? And it doesn't stop at clothes.

You're a fine one to be talking about brainwashing :lolol:

ok , so when they get older do you think they question what their wearing??

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I was the one to introduce the Old City of Jerusalem into this thread and spark off a load of vitriol about "occupied lands", the State of Israel and UN resolutions.

That wasn't my intention at all. There's a case for saying that Old Jerusalem has been one of the most enduring multi-cultural localties in the history of the world. It's had its moments, of course, but somehow it has survived. I'd like to think that it'll be around for a few more centuries - and that the Muslim quarter, the Jewish quarter, the Christian quarter and the Armenian quarter will all be as recognisable in the 22nd century as they were in the 19th.

It's a place that EVERYONE should visit.

Is there ANYWHERE you havent lived, or been to, or have some connection with?

My over riding impression of Israel in my two visits is they are the most hateful disgusting arrogant people on earth. I have no axe to grind with them or with the 'issue' but f***ing hell in all my travels Israelis are the most vile people I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. Cowardly agressive arrogant pushy nasty people who really make aggressive Islamic fundamentalism seem the sympathetic option.

Just a personal view based on experience. But then I dont want to fall into the trap of claiming I know bundles about everything, just due to a fleeting visit or some tenuous link. I will leave that to you.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just seen this post !

So I suspect do a lot of people. This is a very odd era for NSC - hopefully more a local difficulty than a reflection of the society we live in. This is thankfully a broad church it is just that the sad, angry and intolerant are shouting more loudly at present.

ok , so when they get older do you think they question what their wearing??

I couldn't WAIT to buy my own shoes, as Clark's were bloody boring 'sensible' shoes that didn't last any better than the patent crocodile shoes with buckles that were the first I chose. I would wear those even now, they were really cool. I recently got some crimson suede zip-sided boots that were almost identical to ones I had at 14 - and I love 'em.

In the 'free world', we tend to rebel and reject our parents' choices so we can become 'our own persons'.

Jan 30, 2008
Quite.

Choir_web.jpg

It all comes down to how you define "freak".

should you be posting a picture of school kids on a public forum :(

Jan 30, 2008
I couldn't WAIT to buy my own shoes, as Clark's were bloody boring 'sensible' shoes that didn't last any better than the patent crocodile shoes with buckles that were the first I chose. I would wear those even now, they were really cool. I recently got some crimson suede zip-sided boots that were almost identical to ones I had at 14 - and I love 'em.

In the 'free world', we tend to rebel and reject our parents' choices so we can become 'our own persons'.

exactly, its all about expressing YOURSELF.

Is there ANYWHERE you havent lived, or been to, or have some connection with?

My over riding impression of Israel in my two visits is they are the most hateful disgusting arrogant people on earth. I have no axe to grind with them or with the 'issue' but f***ing hell in all my travels Israelis are the most vile people I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. Cowardly agressive arrogant pushy nasty people who really make aggressive Islamic fundamentalism seem the sympathetic option.

Just a personal view based on experience. But then I dont want to fall into the trap of claiming I know bundles about everything, just due to a fleeting visit or some tenuous link. I will leave that to you.
I, too, met some very loathsome Israelis - all the more depressing when the hatred and suspicion they had of their Arab neighbours sat alongside an otherwise cosmopolitan modernity that I can easily relate to.

But I don't condemn all Israelis in that way. It's a very polarised society - in some respects, all the more interesting because of this.

And my apologies for having been there. I guess widespread travel is one of the benefits of age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here