Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has / Will Hammond make an apology?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I was stood in D block - saw it all.

It was *definitely* incitement and he should *definitely* be charged with it!

Poxy Scummer!
Why should he be charged with anything? Where in the rulebook does it say you can't act like a knob when you score against your old club? OK, so he ran the length of the South Stand celebrating, but he stayed on the pitch. I didn't like what he did any more than you but charge him with incitement? Get some perspective FFS. No-one got hurt and the crowd got a bit wound up, that's all

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
So are all the fans that gave him abuse when he left the club going to apologise ?? - no i think not - maybe not the best thing for Dean to do but don't blame him - all the unnecessary crap that he received from fans when he was forced to leave this club

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He didn't get any crap from the fans when he played against us last season whilst playing for Colchester.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
So are all the fans that gave him abuse when he left the club going to apologise ?? - no i think not - maybe not the best thing for Dean to do but don't blame him - all the unnecessary crap that he received from fans when he was forced to leave this club

forced to leave the club? thats a new one to me.

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
24819_378015919734_514814734_3782432_3405120_n.jpg

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Why would he say sorry?

He scored a goal? I would celebrate, wouldnt you? People were giving him stick from the off. I was amazed at the hatred given against Harding, Hammond and at times Wilkins? I was also a bit embarassed at all the empty seats?
Thought, we played well, but the fact we cant fill the stadium against Southampton is a bit of a worry?
Mind you....we are looking good now!

Lush

Mods' Pet
I still think it had a lot to do with loyalty to Wilkins. Wasn't there a meeting between Dick Knight and Hammond when Hammond was being an arse re contracts, and Wilkins was present and point blank refused to back the chairman, effectively signing his own death warrant at BHA? Or have I got my rumour wires crossed?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:lolol: At all those sticking up for him. f***ing tosser. hope he breaks his leg next week.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex

Hammond's goal came from his own cheating when he made it appear to the Lino, that he had been tripped. His header was a fluke and appeared to be only the slightest of touches. Not a very convincing goal. Lucky boy IMO.

His celebration was no doubt fuelled by the abuse that we were giving him from the off.

He is still a bandy legged twat whose only contribution to the team in his last season with us was a few dodgy back passes and a sending off. I thought he was shite as captain.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
f***ing tosser. hope he breaks his leg next week.

Call him a tosser.........Yes
Wish him to break a leg............Of course not, what a nasty little piece of work you are.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I was a the match in block J. My brother got me a ticket as the away end at your leisure centre is quite frankly a discrace. Anyway I was in the toilet for the leveller and from the way you lot were going on, anyone would think he did an Adebayor or Gary Neville (v Liverpool a few years ago). Looking at these pics below, this is just normal behaviour. When you lot scored at SMS at least 2 of your players were giving it large to a big area of our stadium where all the familys sit - and this was unprovoked.

Southampton | Match | Gallery | Gallery | Brighton 2-2 Saints - Gallery

Its normal for players to leave clubs and its normal for those players to get stick upon their return. And its normal for those players to give a bit back when they score.

Maybe I was just in the crappy chav area of the ground (so apologies if this isnt all of you) but I've never known such as bunch of whingers in my life. Every single time the ref made a decision there were complaints even with the most obvious of fouls against Saints.

You need to triple your gates if your gonna fill Falmer. Lets hope these new fans arent such n*bs.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was a the match in block J. My brother got me a ticket as the away end at your leisure centre is quite frankly a discrace. Anyway I was in the toilet for the leveller and from the way you lot were going on, anyone would think he did an Adebayor or Gary Neville (v Liverpool a few years ago). Looking at these pics below, this is just normal behaviour. When you lot scored at SMS at least 2 of your players were giving it large to a big area of our stadium where all the familys sit - and this was unprovoked.

Southampton | Match | Gallery | Gallery | Brighton 2-2 Saints - Gallery

Its normal for players to leave clubs and its normal for those players to get stick upon their return. And its normal for those players to give a bit back when they score.

Maybe I was just in the crappy chav area of the ground (so apologies if this isnt all of you) but I've never known such as bunch of whingers in my life. Every single time the ref made a decision there were complaints even with the most obvious of fouls against Saints.

You need to triple your gates if your gonna fill Falmer. Lets hope these new fans arent such n*bs.

Without wanting to give you the reaction you want, you are a moron. You slag off our ground, which is a subject which has been done to death. We all know it is crap. Calling it a leisure centre just proves your ignorance. You got your stadium built. Would you still support your team if you had to travel 60 miles for home games for 2 years and then had to watch in an athletics stadium in the open air for 12 years? If you would then why are you slagging us off for having a crap ground?

If you don't want to sit with biased people moaning about decisions against Brighton then sit in your own end you idiot. Nobody asked you to sit in the home end and on the whole you got the majority of decisions over the game including a terrible decision when Hammond dived for the free kick that you scored your first from.

As for Hammond's celebration, he did not get much stick initially as most of that was aimed at Harding. For his celebration, he ran along the south stand shouting abuse at the home fans, which is hardly usual for players and should have resulted in a second booking (as should the dive he took to win the free kick).

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Without wanting to give you the reaction you want, you are a moron. You slag off our ground, which is a subject which has been done to death. We all know it is crap. Calling it a leisure centre just proves your ignorance. You got your stadium built. Would you still support your team if you had to travel 60 miles for home games for 2 years and then had to watch in an athletics stadium in the open air for 12 years? If you would then why are you slagging us off for having a crap ground?

If you don't want to sit with biased people moaning about decisions against Brighton then sit in your own end you idiot. Nobody asked you to sit in the home end and on the whole you got the majority of decisions over the game including a terrible decision when Hammond dived for the free kick that you scored your first from.

As for Hammond's celebration, he did not get much stick initially as most of that was aimed at Harding. For his celebration, he ran along the south stand shouting abuse at the home fans, which is hardly usual for players and should have resulted in a second booking (as should the dive he took to win the free kick).

Well without wanting to be bigheaded, we do have a stadium which often reaches 30k even in this league. It p*sses me off when these teams that have, shall we say a more modest home, score up our end, and celebrate to our fans just coz theyre not used to scoring in a decent stadium and just want to celebrate to somone. We get it all the time. So you should deal with it too.

Hammond is a quality player and the only reason we're unlikely to get in the playoffs is because of the period he was out injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here