Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has / Will Hammond make an apology?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Still don't think he should apologise though.

Neither do I. Apart from anything else I could do without having to try and decide whether he's being sincere and I've got him wrong, or whether he really is as big a twat as I think he is. I've got much better things to think about.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone who thinks that Dean Hammond should apologise secretly loved his behaviour. Because in response, they get a chance to feel angry and righteous. It energises them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The bloke could be bitter at his treatment by Brighton (I don't know the ins and outs of his departure) and the celebration was a release for him. Take it with a pinch of salt, and we'll use it as a means of generating some noise next time we play them.

I loved it when Glenn gave the Leeds fans some at ER.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Football is a business - you play for the person that pays you best. The old days of loyalty to club and fans is long gone - you work with the fans of your current setup because they are the ones who pay the wages. He has received no end of slagging here, and you'd be an idiot to think that he wasn't aware of that. If any of you had the chance to give the bird to a group of people who have slagged you off, then you would take it, knowing full well it would antagonise them and in reality, you don't give a shit because you don't face them week in week out.

D

Deleted User X18H

Dean Hammond who came through the youth ranks and became Brighton and Hove Albion captain. He will not get the chance to lead the Albion out at Falmer. Something he would have been secretly hoping to do from 2005 until he left in January 2008.

Dick Knights intervention and refusal rightly or wrongly to be harassed/persuaded for a longer deal/ increase in wages/ singing on fee/ by Hammond's agent scuppered this for young Dean, a man who admitted he was close to tears when he said he farewells to his colleagues when he left the Albion training ground for the last time.

This is what his outpouring of emotion was all about last night, in his eyes some form of retribution.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Any respect I had for you mr Hammond has gone, on the flip side I though Harding had a lot of abuse but behaved well and has now earnt some respect.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
It's certainly tarnished the Skint shirt i've got with "Hammond" on the back! :laugh:

Bloody hell, its going to limit the amount of occasions i can wear it...toilet cleaning, car washing? any suggestions?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Didn't see last night, and no doubt it was particularly annoying, but seriously, why should he apologise?

Would you expect say Glenn Murray to apologise if he'd run the length of the stand at St Mary's doing the same thing? I wouldn't, I'd bloody laugh and enjoy every second.

Did Murray come through the Saints youth team and then go on to captain them and receive excellant support all the time he was there ?
I must have missed that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't see last night, and no doubt it was particularly annoying, but seriously, why should he apologise?

Would you expect say Glenn Murray to apologise if he'd run the length of the stand at St Mary's doing the same thing? I wouldn't, I'd bloody laugh and enjoy every second.
Like you say, you didn't see it.

It wasn't running the length of the field to celebrate with the Scum fans, it was goading the Brighton fans, then running backwards from them with his chin up and arms out. He was deliberately antagonising the fans, which is against FA rules I believe.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Like you say, you didn't see it.

It wasn't running the length of the field to celebrate with the Scum fans, it was goading the Brighton fans, then running backwards from them with his chin up and arms out. He was deliberately antagonising the fans, which is against FA rules I believe.

I was stood in D block - saw it all.

It was *definitely* incitement and he should *definitely* be charged with it!

Poxy Scummer!

Was prolly getting back at all the time people on here with no brains shouted he was shit and was useless and completely anonymous in games, despite being our best midfielder for a period of several seasons!

All clubs have fans with no brains.

However there was no excuse for his reaction last night and as has been said - he has gone from hero to zero and lower in a few seconds. I would hope that with hindsight he will see the error of his ways but it is now too late.

He disrespected ALL BHA fans and for that he will suffer the conseqences every time we see him.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He disrespected ALL BHA fans and for that he will suffer the conseqences every time we see him.

Maybe he just doesn't like Block D.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Maybe he no longer gives a shit? He would have known the reaction, and he's probably guest viewing on here pissing himself laughing because what, 8 people have decided he's a tosser. Bet his wages more than make up for that....Time to move on - if you wanted to piss him off then the best way is probably to ignore him completely!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here