Has / Will Hammond make an apology?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
I know it is another Hammond thread, but I feel he should, if he has not done so already. It will not make everything right, but is the right thing to do.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why does he need to apologies ?

He will just have to accept his actions will get abuse from us, bit like Forster who gets shed loads of abuse for his goal celebrations for us.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Doesn't need to, he alone finally gave Withdean an atmosphere last night.

We now have a genuine derby match-up to look forward to next season as well, along with another player to hate - the very essence of football IMHO

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

We now have a genuine derby match-up to look forward to next season as well, along with another player to hate - the very essence of football IMHO

Thats quite a good take on it. Maybe we should send him a note of thanks :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't see last night, and no doubt it was particularly annoying, but seriously, why should he apologise?

Would you expect say Glenn Murray to apologise if he'd run the length of the stand at St Mary's doing the same thing? I wouldn't, I'd bloody laugh and enjoy every second.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Didn't see last night, and no doubt it was particularly annoying, but seriously, why should he apologise?

Would you expect say Glenn Murray to apologise if he'd run the length of the stand at St Mary's doing the same thing? I wouldn't, I'd bloody laugh and enjoy every second.

Difference being Murray has never played for Southampton let alone been their captain, and he certainly isn't a 'local' lad. That's what was disappointing about his goading, and believe me it was the most OTT 'f*** you' celebration I've seen at a Brighton game. You really did have to be there.

No, he will not apologies because he is a complete f*** wit that looks like a life size wax work of a ventriloquist dummy. He will now forever be an utter prick. Why he felt the need to do that I will never know. There was very little ill feeling when he decided to jump ship in JANUARY when we were chasing the PLAY OFFS, so again I can't understand why the arrogant f*** head did it.

I probably despise him more that that blond haired lump of turd they had at left back, but at least he took it in his stride and didn't react. I have to say I clapped the other Dean on and he gave me a thumbs up and acknowledged me with a smile and a clap when I said "You shouldn't have left".

You would have to had been there to believe what an idiot he was. it wasn't just a clenched fist at us. it was prolonged gloating right towards the fans standing on the track and in the stand, and he then continued to celebrate right the way down the south stand.

It would have been more offensive if he had stuck the V sign up to us. Anyway hopefully they have him being a noooooooooooob on the highlights.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Exactly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Still don't think he should apologise though.

Sometimes you've just got to take it, haven't you? Sticks & stones etc.

(and yes, it would have pissed me off too, but that's life)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports