Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the conveyor belt slowed/stopped?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Christ, there are a number of very precious types on here,.... a simple effin observation, that's all,.... in the last quarter, contrary to the last couple of years, there has been little serious comment from the usual sources of us targeting some wonder kid from Timbuktu.... those comments above are for players already here or on loan..... never mind.

Romano, Naylor, Owen were very clear the club in the summer that we were targeting a "wonder kid" in the summer from er, "Argentina" (not Timbuktu sorry) and are still interested. Augustin Barco , 19, Boca Juniors., left back.
And there are reports that our scouts were there at his last match of the season so presumably we're still in the hunt.

romano.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My mate reckons Sam Jewell is still employed by the club and still based in South America, with an every increasing Spanish vocabulary.

Make of that what you will
He is – although not sure about him being based in SA – and Rangers were looking to take him to Scotland the other month...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That doesn’t show the conveyor belt has slowed or stopped. All it shows is the click bait sites haven’t written anything about random players. It means nothing, and if anything it might show the club have tightened things up around leaks to the media or are managing to keep gobby agents a bit quieter, which is a good thing.

The only person being precious is you because you haven’t got the replies you wanted.
I think there's a bit of mob mentality going on here, is it any wonder why the OP gets a bit annoyed when the first page is full of replies taking the piss and calling his question strange? I read the OP as a question playing devil's advocate and this could've turned into an interesting football thread if people had taken it in good faith.

Note to everyone: it's possible to disagree with someone and not be a complete prick about it. This seems to be a forgotten trait on NSC these days, some people seem to get a kick out of trolling people they disagree with while offering no opinion. @Farehamseagull even managed to write a very informative and measured reply while claiming to simultaneously not understand the question. It's twattish behaviour.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think there's a bit of mob mentality going on here, is it any wonder why the OP gets a bit annoyed when the first page is full of replies taking the piss and calling his question strange? I read the OP as a question playing devil's advocate and this could've turned into an interesting football thread if people had taken it in good faith.

Note to everyone: it's possible to disagree with someone and not be a complete prick about it. This seems to be a forgotten trait on NSC these days, some people seem to get a kick out of trolling people they disagree with while offering no opinion. @Farehamseagull even managed to write a very informative and measured reply while claiming to simultaneously not understand the question. It's twattish behaviour.
I understood the question, but didn't understand the point in starting a thread to ask the question when the proof is pretty obvious that we are continuing to bring through talented youngsters. Is that ok?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So . . . Have we signed the next new Messi yet?

NSC out!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Looking at the youngster's lineups recently, and obviously keeping abreast of the media feeds ( Owen/Naylor/Romano), I am wondering if our famed scouting/recruitment has stalled lately ( apart from our interest on the emerald Isle). Of course, it is entirely possible that the club have gone all 'stealth' to avoid gazumping from the money clubs of this world, but it has been some time since a solid overseas or even domestic target has hit the rumour mills.....has the list of targets derived from our former recruitment team personnel dried up I wonder?!
I’m not sure with agents clubs can go ‘stealth’ anymore. I heard from someone the other day we didn’t really want to sign Beleba this season as they wanted him to progress in France unfortunately Chelsea paid over the odds for Caciedo and we had to sign some cover. In hindsight he has potential yet still looks very raw and probably could have done with the extra season in France.
With our Belgium development route shut this season I guess it does seem a bit quiet although I would imagine nothing has stopped on the recruitment side.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cracking match winning goal for WBA last night

Awaits the Leeds-esque #FreeJeremy thing as they forget he’s on loan from the good Albion
Probably not - their fans have been indifferent and another poster said he’s only played 21% of all available minutes for WB this season

el punal

I think if a lot of our youngsters were out on loan you'd say no - at their age Adingra, Enciso, Buonanotte, Ferguson, Baleba, Hinshelwood and Verbruggen - all 21 or under -could easily have joined Sarmiento, Kozlowski, Ayari, Moran, Turns, Offiah, Leonard, Sima, Rushworth and others on loan this season, and in previous seasons they may well have been, but it seems that RDZ wants to have a lot of the kids in his squad. Because they're here and not away you might think the conveyor belt has stopped.
You’re overthinking it mate, just relax and enjoy the ride.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here