Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the conveyor belt slowed/stopped?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It's working at the same pace as ever.

Last season was exceptional in that we had Mitoma, Ferguson and arguably Caicedo (although he was here a bit longer) come in and be playing immediately top PL standard.

Most youngsters need time to gain consistency, improve and acclimatise. This is what we're seeing with a few of the current batch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t understand the thread?

We signed Baleba, Verbruggen and Joao Pedro in the summer who are all incredible young talents and are all tipped for big things.

They were added to Ferguson, Enciso, Buonanotte and Estupinan who were already in the squad and again hugely talented youngsters being linked with big moves at various times.

We have players like O’Mahony, Duffus, Baker-Boaitey, Hinshelwood and Barrington from the under 21’s who all look incredibly promising and are featuring in first team matchday squads and in Hinshelwood’s case, getting minutes already.

We also have a lot of players out on loan and young players like Sima, Moran, Rushworth and Kozlowski excelling, not to mention Sarmiento to hopefully get fit and come back.

We don’t know who we will sign in January yet but we’ve been heavily linked with Barco who is one of the most exciting young players in the world.

I’m not sure what else you expect?
A viaduct?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Christ, there are a number of very precious types on here,.... a simple effin observation, that's all,.... in the last quarter, contrary to the last couple of years, there has been little serious comment from the usual sources of us targeting some wonder kid from Timbuktu.... those comments above are for players already here or on loan..... never mind.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Christ, there are a number of very precious types on here,.... a simple effin observation, that's all,.... in the last quarter, contrary to the last couple of years, there has been little serious comment from the usual sources of us targeting some wonder kid from Timbuktu.... those comments above are for players already here or on loan..... never mind.
The irony of you calling everyone else precious after that post :laugh:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That doesn’t show the conveyor belt has slowed or stopped. All it shows is the click bait sites haven’t written anything about random players. It means nothing, and if anything it might show the club have tightened things up around leaks to the media or are managing to keep gobby agents a bit quieter, which is a good thing.

The only person being precious is you because you haven’t got the replies you wanted.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've heard Bechemel Moussaka and Greg Bobkin could be coming in to the development squad in January, might even see them get some minutes for the first team as they come with huge reputation

I think Bobkin is getting on a bit now, he's been around for a while.
Indeed – I can confirm my playing days are over. Unless you were talking about Greg Jnr, but he's not really at the level of the boys we've got on the books, sadly.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This thread is pretty odd . We finished the game on Saturday with three players born in 2004 on the pitch (Balaba, Hinshelwood, and Buonanotte)
And Ferguson (19) scored again. And we had even more 18 years old on the bench (Mark O Mahony for example).
And key players like JPVH , Pedro, Adingra, Gilmour are hardly veterans. The conveyor belt is just as much about bringing players through as it is with signing then.

But yep as for buying players then strong reporting that we're favourites for Valentin Barco (2004/Boca Juniors) in January now that their season is over but if you're really looking for the next South American starlet./ proof that the conveyor belt is still at least part of the set up ..then (no idea if there's much to it) but what about this (but there's been others)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think Ebrima Lay of the Timbuktu Football Academy is your man. From their facebook:

Our midfield sensation Ebrima Lay was invited by the national team for a trial in a friendly encounter against the national under 20 team on Wednesday. Ebrima was a commanding force in the midfield, winning lots of duels and playing easy balls forward. His stellar performance caught the eyes of the former Gambian international and legend Ebrima Sohna who rate him as combative midfielder.
“ He is a top quality power, he doesn’t stop running, Ebrima reminds me of myself, he always will continue to fight for his team until the ball is won, a real combative midfielder who wins you all the duels, technically supperbed and completely dominant today” #timbuktufa #nematalents #africa

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
This thread is pretty odd . We finished the game on Saturday with three players born in 2004 on the pitch (Balaba, Hinshelwood, and Buonanotte)
And Ferguson (19) scored again. And we had even more 18 years old on the bench (Mark O Mahony for example).
And key players like JPVH , Pedro, Adingra, Gilmour are hardly veterans. The conveyor belt is just as much about bringing players through as it is with signing then.

But yep as for buying players then strong reporting that we're favourites for Valentin Barco (2004/Boca Juniors) in January now that their season is over but if you're really looking for the next South American starlet./ proof that the conveyor belt is still at least part of the set up ..then (no idea if there's much to it) but what about this (but there's been others)
Hadn't seen that report....

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My mate reckons Sam Jewell is still employed by the club and still based in South America, with an every increasing Spanish vocabulary.

Make of that what you will

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
OP wait till a week or so before the transfer window opens. There's will be no end of haphazard speculation about people we may be signing or may have never heard of

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Aren't we linked with a young lad from River Plate, Augustin Ruberto, 17yo?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
So we are all agreed that the much vaunted conveyor belt of talent has broken down completely then? Back to being almost as shit as palace for us...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here