Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the conveyor belt slowed/stopped?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Looking at the youngster's lineups recently, and obviously keeping abreast of the media feeds ( Owen/Naylor/Romano), I am wondering if our famed scouting/recruitment has stalled lately ( apart from our interest on the emerald Isle). Of course, it is entirely possible that the club have gone all 'stealth' to avoid gazumping from the money clubs of this world, but it has been some time since a solid overseas or even domestic target has hit the rumour mills.....has the list of targets derived from our former recruitment team personnel dried up I wonder?!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think if a lot of our youngsters were out on loan you'd say no - at their age Adingra, Enciso, Buonanotte, Ferguson, Baleba, Hinshelwood and Verbruggen - all 21 or under -could easily have joined Sarmiento, Kozlowski, Ayari, Moran, Turns, Offiah, Leonard, Sima, Rushworth and others on loan this season, and in previous seasons they may well have been, but it seems that RDZ wants to have a lot of the kids in his squad. Because they're here and not away you might think the conveyor belt has stopped.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don’t understand the thread?

We signed Baleba, Verbruggen and Joao Pedro in the summer who are all incredible young talents and are all tipped for big things.

They were added to Ferguson, Enciso, Buonanotte and Estupinan who were already in the squad and again hugely talented youngsters being linked with big moves at various times.

We have players like O’Mahony, Duffus, Baker-Boaitey, Hinshelwood and Barrington from the under 21’s who all look incredibly promising and are featuring in first team matchday squads and in Hinshelwood’s case, getting minutes already.

We also have a lot of players out on loan and young players like Sima, Moran, Rushworth and Kozlowski excelling, not to mention Sarmiento to hopefully get fit and come back.

We don’t know who we will sign in January yet but we’ve been heavily linked with Barco who is one of the most exciting young players in the world.

I’m not sure what else you expect?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

We signed Baleba, Verbruggen and Joao Pedro in the summer who are all incredible young talents and are all tipped for big things.

They were added to Ferguson, Enciso, Buonanotte and Estupinan who were already in the squad and again hugely talented youngsters being linked with big moves at various times.

We have players like O’Mahony, Duffus, Baker-Boaitey, Hinshelwood and Barrington from the under 21’s who all look incredibly promising and are featuring in first team matchday squads and in Hinshelwood’s case, getting minutes already.

We also have a lot of players out on loan and young players like Sima, Moran, Rushworth and Kozlowski excelling, not to mention Sarmiento to hopefully get fit and come back.

We don’t know who we will sign in January yet but we’ve been heavily linked with Barco who is one of the most exciting young players in the world.

And add in the little fact that it isn't the transfer window yet!!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The u16’s have two England internationals, another who was selected and had to withdraw and a Welsh international

Isn’t Adrian Mazilu linking up with us in January?
Yeah, but apart from them what do we have ? :lol:

Beadle can be added to the ‘starlets on loan’ list as well BTW.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I expect a young terrior-like little Scottish international in the centre of our midfield and an exciting young winger from Africa too.

Oh hang on, we have them already. As you were :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We’ve not signed a first team player in WEEKS. We’re DOOMED.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When was our blast Mitoma Enrisco Cacaido type signing

Buonanotte, Carlos Baleba, Simon Adingra or Adrian Mazilu? Although I'm not quite sure what a Mitoma, Enciso or Cacaido type signing is as they were all at different stages of development when we signed them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here