Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the Bournemouth BUBBLE burst ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I know Ibe is young but he has been awful in their two opening games. Always carries the ball too far and gets caught in possession, doesn't seem able to cross or finish. Think his price tag is making him try to do too much in order to justify it.

Apparently the sound of laughter coming out of Anfield, after the Ibe deal was struck, was loud enough to stop traffic.( and they have only just stopped laughing about getting £50m for Raheem Stirling as well!!! )

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Way way too early to make any meaningful predictions about the top or bottom of any league surely? This thread is just a wish list :smile:

Was thinking the same, only 2 matches played squads still being assembled. Why oh why they bother putting tables up I dont know...back in the day I am sure they waited until about 5 games or so. Just shows the instant gratification of modern society I suppose !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Way way too early to make any meaningful predictions about the top or bottom of any league surely? This thread is just a wish list :smile:

Probably but the Premier is in 3 groups the top 6 who could win something,the middle 6 to just keep plodding along and the bottom group who will fight relegation. If promoted I would like us to be in the 2nd group initially.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They cheated the entire division to go up in 2015, so naturally I hope they go down this season. The mountain of money they'll get again this season, along with the 3 years worth of Failure Funds after they've been relegated certainly made it a cheat worthwhile though, Smug Eddie was right about that.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've never been a fan of the 'I hate this club, that club' etc because I'm not that way inclined - and I'd rather focus on the Albion.

BUT, though I couldn't call it anything like a hatred, I do dislike Bournemouth. This is borne out the fact that not one, but two guys I know through my work are Bournemouth fans. Their relentless boorish, smug 'banter' throughout their Championship seasons were so indicative of a paranoid, smaller club syndrome, they were impossible to like - or even engage with. One had manufactured this absurd hatred of Albion, purely because we're also on the south coast. Every time they won - and more to the point, we didn't - out came the sneering snipes. Vile man. Neither had watched the Cherries for more than a couple of seasons and along with many others had hijacked the glory train. I've met so many wonderful fans from so many clubs over the years. But I've yet to meet a gracious, genuine supporter at Bournemouth. Of course there are many, my judgement having been clouded by my personal encounters, but maybe I wouldn't care if they were relegated this season....

Same but Reading.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well I for one am sending fondest and most sincere wishes to AFC Bournemouth that they get their season properly started in style this forthcoming weekend with a handsome victory, perhaps even a good old fashioned spanking of the opposition.

Up the Cherries! :thumbsup:

SAC

May 21, 2014
I've no idea if their bubble has burst and it is far too early to say. They are one of about 10/12 teams that could go down and will continue to be so until the PL stops relegation.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PS: games against Palace aside, I think they'll be OK again.

When they came up to the Championship, they got a few early pastings, but learned very quickly, Smug Eddie seems able to pick players up and turn around bad runs with relative ease. They'll never have the best defence, but their fast paced counter attacking style should always see them score goals. And if it doesn't, they'll just throw another twenty million at it. Their first two games were against a revitalised Man United and at West Ham's first game in their slightly disappointing new stadium, where fate almost always dictates the home side win. Hardly a couple of devastating blows.

Two games and we're dooming them alreadly? Pffft. Any team can lose two games in a row. They could still win the title in fact :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I like Bournemouth. Decent club and fans were friendly when I pitched up for the Falmer for All day or whatever it was all those years ago.

They seem to really hate us these days though based purely on NSC users slagging them off. Seems stupid and petty really. We've had mega investment too but spent it differently, on the infrastructure. I understand the frustration at how they used their money but chill out and just take pride in how we've got everything in place to be a sustainable top tier side in the future.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's only 3 clubs I dislike - Portsmouth, Millwall and Palace.

Each because their fans are utter goons ( Palace goonery generally just on the internet ).

Bournemouth are fine, hope they win against Palace next match.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I don't dislike Bournemouth - smug Eddie is a different matter though. They've got enough to survive this season but they will miss Ritchie, he seemed to be the epitomy of their style of play and their main creator of chances, as well as netting a few himself. Size, resources, fan base etc etc will dictate that they will never be anything than a bottom eight premiershit side but in fairness that's pretty good going considering their history and size.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
When you look at the last 10 games they are doing a classic small team promoted , start off well and get found out , only beating Villa and drawing one other would cause anyone concern. Can FUTURE England manager Eddie How turn it round ?

Also being safe by the end of February meant both Palace and Bournemouth cruised the last 8 / 10 games , or thats what it looked like ?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Bournemouth will never be a yoyo club once they're down the parachute money will be spent on the ridiculous wages they're paying out, they will end up back where they belong in League 2

What a bitter old sod you are! Fair play to Bournemouth, they got up and have set themselves up for the foreseeable future.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Probably but the Premier is in 3 groups the top 6 who could win something,the middle 6 to just keep plodding along and the bottom group who will fight relegation. If promoted I would like us to be in the 2nd group initially.

You wouldn't be, trust me. With the team you have now you'd need 7 or 8 new first team players just to survive.

Last edited:

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I like Bournemouth. Decent club and fans were friendly when I pitched up for the Falmer for All day or whatever it was all those years ago.

They seem to really hate us these days though based purely on NSC users slagging them off. Seems stupid and petty really. We've had mega investment too but spent it differently, on the infrastructure. I understand the frustration at how they used their money but chill out and just take pride in how we've got everything in place to be a sustainable top tier side in the future.

Nail on head. The old 'uns from the early 70's always had a bit of an issue from those game where we battered the sh it out of each other....then there was your mini protest / pitch invasion down our gaff where you launched into our New Stand for no reason - you can understand why some some dont like you .That aside there was never the grief on here we see now towards us, that only started materialising when your support increased with the new ground and we started getting investment.

Traditionally we've had more of an issue with Reading since the 80's but I can honestly say some of the posts towards us on here over the last few years have been hilarious. I say some, not all mind. Whenever we need advice on our management, wages FFP, ground capacity, players we are guaranteed to find it on here :)

Its nice you care. The daft thing is a load of us used to actually care about you lot. We didn't laugh when you lost your ground and had to play on a park pitch, we supported your efforts and followed the progress of Falmer from the beginning, wishing you the best...yet some keyboard warriors would gladly see us crash and burn...whats stoking it all ? Is it twitter land ..I dont do that but trust me this is probably the last place we expected to get so much shit from...yeah I know we're all cheats as well..

anyway chapeau

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Just to clear a few things up...

Maxim has already had his initial investment paid back with the sale of 25% of the club to the Americans... So, i imagine he's purely on a profit train for the most now...

We didn't sell Matt Ritchie, he wanted to leave. We offered him a new contract, to make him the highest paid AFCB player, but he's gambled on bigger money, 55k fans, and the chance to play under Benitez, hopefully in the Prem next year...

Has our bubble burst...? Impossible to say... We're at the same place we were last season with 2 games gone and zero points... Yes we need to start getting points on the board, and our play these last 2 games has been less than encouraging, but I still think we'll get there... We've spent money this summer but for some reason EH has deemed it bot possible to get most of the new lads on the park... Lewis Cook looks a great player and although Ibe has been trying to take the World on, he shows what a great player he could be with some time and the right coaching... Which LFC obviously thought he'd get at AFCB...

It has come to light in the last few weeks that essentially our once friendly landlord is no longer so friendly... They bought the ground 10 years back for 3.5 million and are apparently now demanding a fortune for us to buy it back... So we're pretty much held over a barrel, with an inability to improve on what we have (due to the landlord increasing the buy back value on anything we do), 4 million in rent still to pay over the final 10 years of our lease, regardless, and an inability to want to match their valuation. My guess is we've put a best and final offer on the table and leaving it there.

So, as much as we'd like to build our fan base (ala Reading) we're stuck...

Palace on Saturday will be crucial to kick start our season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here