Has Sammi offered his resignation?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He is paraphrasing but Tony did say 1 particular player was over budget and out of our reach

Fair enough. Still, one player isn't quite the entire list...though some posters would probably believe that :lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not according to Tony Bloom who stated Oscar's list was full of Players that were not available or too expensive.

With the embarrassment caused by Oscar leaving, it came over as a defensive, sweeping under the carpet statement. I believe his actual words were “not available or unrealistic.”

I wonder what category Grabban and Conway were because my, not ITK, understanding was that not signing these players was the deal breaker.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I can't see how the new strategy for buying players will work with most managers - I can see exactly why you need a team of people buying players for the club rather than a manager that might leave (as we know too well) after a short while but success has always been based on a manager picking a whole team and its expecting a lot for someone to come in and add only 1 or 2 and motivate the existing.

And if the existing are not very good or journeymen you are going to replace the whole lot anyway - eventually or immediately.

If our team bought in the players we sold e.g. Ulloa etc ok fair do's to them but if they were Poyets choices I can't say that the latest crop of signings are going to get success so perhaps its the team that is wrong or the budget they have to work with.

Thats seems to be the problem

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With the embarrassment caused by Oscar leaving, it came over as a defensive, sweeping under the carpet statement. I believe his actual words were “not available or unrealistic.”

I wonder what category Grabban and Conway were because my, not ITK, understanding was that not signing these players was the deal breaker.

My understanding, is that your understanding is completely wrong, at least in the case of Conway. Conway was there for us on a plate, but Oscar didn't want him. Then right at the end of the window, he changed his mind, but only once Conway was committed to Blackburn.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Differs to what I've heard in that Sami is so exacting in what he wants, that is why we appear to be struggling on acquisitions. He knows what he wants and nothing else will do. He doesn't want to waste money just to bolster the squad with numbers.

I take this as a real positive.

Just down to the team to get the players he likes over the line

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
My understanding, is that your understanding is completely wrong, at least in the case of Conway. Conway was there for us on a plate, but Oscar didn't want him. Then right at the end of the window, he changed his mind, but only once Conway was committed to Blackburn.

Exactly what I've heard

I also heard a similar chain of events regarding the Barnes transfer

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I take this as a real positive.

Just down to the team to get the players he likes over the line

I take this as a positive to because it sounds as though Sami will not have some of the Sh*t Oscar had thrust upon him. But on the negative side, is if we don't get them in before the window closes, we know that Bloom hates doing busines in January, which makes the next couple of weeks very important.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
No, it's not true.

He might be sacked when he's giving a television interview, or be forced to leave for .......err, family reasons. He might be lured away by a coaching role at Liverpool. But my guess is he'll be here until at least the end of October.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014

To think people were claiming Oscar had no input with transfers.....:lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

You could well be right with Conway, but I don't know how you would know that for sure unless you heard this from Oscar directly?

I can understand the view that Oscar didn't ask to get him on loan in the first place, but he proved himself when he came here, including that brilliant goal from the floated cross by Lopez.

Surely Oscar would have known if he wanted him or not before the transfer window opened as it doesn't make sense to do a sudden U turn, and spot his qualities when on the bench for Cardiff.

We should know by now that we are prepared to drag things out to the last second and it says more about the way we do business than giving reason to put that failed transfer on Oscar.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sami said when he joined, that he had watched (on tape, obv) a lot of last season's matches - and had come to his conclusions about what needed to change.

I can hear him now: "It's a shame about Bridcutt leaving, but I like the spine of the team - Kuszczak, Upson, Ulloa. Barnes works hard, Buckley looks flair, Ward is a great team player too and Lopez can take a decent free kick. However, we lack a bit of pace - I might have to do something about Bruno and Greer..."

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton

That my thinking friends was true. Fact. I did not say he was going to play for Brighton but merely interested in a property. So please think before you start shouting. Again today I only asked if anyone else had heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports