Has Poyet asked to leave?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
This is not by far the worst situation that we have been as a club, we have weathered far worse.
But if he does continue, I think he should at least apologies to supporters for the comments made and try and engage brain before vocal chords in future.
I think he can do it, he just needs to behave more rationally and remember that this is business as well as leisure.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Re: Has Poyet asked o leave ?

I would be more worried if Bloom stormed out of the meeting....

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Has Poyet asked o leave ?

Quite honestly, after those comments, I don't care whether he stays or goes, but either way it needs sorting out this week one way or another as we have got to address those out of contract players futures.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Gus has told the whole nation that he was going to be seeking assurances, if I were TB not sure I would take too kindly to being pressed for assurances before the dust has settled, surely takes a bit of time and patience to work these things out and plan a way forward with a manager who is showing some loyalty, perseverance and wants to move forward.

One thing is for sure this club has not "hit the roof". To say that it has no chance of reaching the promised land in the next 2 or 3 years would be ridiculous and a little bit disrespectful IMO though sure there are things that need to change / be resolved, still surely one of the best run clubs in the Championship, if not deepest pockets.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Gus chooses to make it all about him. No appreciation of the supporters and downright disrespect to a chairman that has revolutionised the club.

He is constantly reminding Brighton fans how big other clubs are and what wonderful prospects they would be to manage, he will be gone by the end of the week.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think we should thank Gus for giving us all something to occupy us during the closed season, quite considerate really.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath

Seems to me that Gus's post match interview has burnt bridges with many of us supporters. We had just seen our promotion chances extinguished by our fierce rivals and were hurting but also generally had enough sense to see that the seaosn had been a successful one. Then Gus chooses to make it all about him. No appreciation of the supporters and downright disrespect to a chairman that has revolutionised the club.

I am now content to consider life without him at the helm. If he stays then great, but there are plenty of decent managers that would sell a lung for what we have going on at The Amex right now.

Here here. Very similar to a post I wrote yesterday. That press conference should have been about how well we have done this season, thanking the fans and the staff, admitting mistakes on the night but with a promise to sort it out and come back next season bigger and stronger. But no. Instead we get the Poyet Show again it's all about him. How HE will have to think about what to do next. And how WE have disappointed HIM!
Shameful and rude. I have great respect for him as a former player and in the most part as a manager but not an once of respect for him as a man anymore.
In sick of the constant flirting with ANY vacancy managers position in the champ/prem and how we will never be good enough to fulfil the great mans career goals.

Go and go now

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Seems to me that Gus's post match interview has burnt bridges with many of us supporters. We had just seen our promotion chances extinguished by our fierce rivals and were hurting but also generally had enough sense to see that the seaosn had been a successful one. Then Gus chooses to make it all about him. No appreciation of the supporters and downright disrespect to a chairman that has revolutionised the club.

I am now content to consider life without him at the helm. If he stays then great, but there are plenty of decent managers that would sell a lung for what we have going on at The Amex right now.

That's a sensible summary, well put!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

You would struggle taking training sessions on one lung.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
HTML:
I thought it was a 5 year plan? Seems well on track to me. If Gus is trying to move the goal posts he may be best to try his luck somewhere else. Grass is greener and all that.

I'm not that bothered if he stays or goes after listening to the end of his post match interview a few times.

Thing is,there is a good chance that Vicente,Bridcutt,Bridge,Upson and more will be gone next season.That is a lot to replace before we can even improve.i think Gus realises this and With the fair play league he knows he is up against it.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
if i was Tony i would pen a meeting with gus in 10 days as his emotions are all over the place.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Dear fellow NSC users

please don't be so gullible. The OP is not a BHA fan and is fishing.

Yours
Supaseagull
I think I will make my own mind up thank you, how rude.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Just go Gus, it's boring now, you've done fantastically well for us but all this touting for jobs together with your post match comments the other night, have made it difficult for you to stay here.
Time for some fresh ideas, enthusiasm and someone who doesn't just see it as a stepping stone.

No. No, no, no.

Last Monday night it was still stalemate with 20 minutes to go.

If Speroni had not saved Hammond's header on Friday and if he had not tipped Barnes' effort onto the bar on Monday then the result would have been wholly different.

These are all ifs, but they show how slender the difference between success and failure is at this level.

If the result had been different we would all be sat here praising Gus. As it is, too many are saying he is bereft of ideas and its time to go. Madness. He needs to assess what he thinks he needs to do next and then see if that matches with TB's plans.

Also, this 'behaviour' we are analyzing in this post is all based on a third hand uncorroborated account.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have thought that TB would have said go away with your wife for 10 days and we will talk when you get back and while you are at it send the players away for a week together as a thank you for what they have done this season and how they have improved our reputation as a club.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would very much doubt that they would have a meeting the very next day after being knocked out of the play offs without having enough time for Gus to "analyze" the bigger picture and see if we have hit the roof.

He would not have stormed out over budgets.... way to soon to set them.

Firstly, they may well have had a meeting as one or other of the parties may have called for it. Gus to seek reassurances or Bloom to ask Gus to keep his trap shut. As for budgets, when the hell do you think they will be set? We had two scenarios as we approached the end of the season. A budget based on staying in the championship or a budget based on being promoted. Do you honestly think that these figures haven't been considered bearing in mind that from now we should be seeking to recruit the players we want and we can't do that without an idea of how much there is to spend!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports