Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Poyet asked to leave?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
in andy naylors piece in the argus he says that sources told him poyet was going even it we went up. I'm sorry to say but I think that Gus will be gone very soon maybe even by the end off the week.

Which is good news really, as surely we already have someone lined up ( Di Matteo - guess ).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If this all comes down to Gus putting pressure on Bloom to increase what he has been told is available then we have to trust in Bloom making the decision that will keep or lose Gus. Without knowing a thing I'd be more than happy with whatever Bloom decides is the best way forward . One is here long term and has this club at heart the other is clearly not here for the long haul and I've never felt we are any more than a stepping stone for Gus. Both the club and Poyet have reaped rewards so far and I have just wanted him to commit to the end of the season after all the Reading speculation. Gus has done a fine job this year, whatever the outcome of the current situation.

Just hope it's quick and we get the new man in soon if it's the end of the Poyet era. If not can we just get on with contracts for next year.

I need something positive to dwell on after Monday :smile:

*impatient*

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
Quite - I adore Gus so much I wouldnt mind having his babies - but if he wants to go then he must go quickly - we have so many players out of contract that we need to have a new gaffer at the helm asap

As long as you are very clear that they would be HIS babies, not yours... It's all about Gus

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
I don't actually buy this idea that Gus respects the fans very much. He keeps us at arm's length. I'm not particularly sensitive about it but rarely do I get the impression that any acknowledgement of the supporters has come spontaneously. I like Gus a lot but I think his attitude has always been "you lot are lucky to have me".
I agree, he needs to remember it is not Gus Poyet's Brighton, it is BHAFC managed by Gus Poyet. This doesn't mean he has done a great job for us

The problem Gus has got is that the jobs he'd really like (Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City etc) just aren't going to be open to him. So if he accepts an offer from a mid to lower Premiership side he'll have the same budgetary frustrations that he's got here, just maybe with an extra 0 or two on the end of the sums.

exactly Martin Jols, says he needs more money from the Fulham board http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/fulham/martin-jol-issues-call-for-transfer-backing
so he would have the same problems there as with Brighton the days of clubs trying to buy position are coming to an end, which I think long term will benefit well supported clubs like us.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I heard he was wearing an Everton shirt when he stormed out and Wayne Bridge was following closely behind holding a welsh flag? What do you guys think this means?

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Gus will either go, or he won't.
You heard it here first.

Seriously though, on the issue of his post match comments, were we not all angry and gutted about losing to THEM, the other night? We all know that Gus is a passionate man, how many of us would have appreciated being interviewed live on T.v after that and kept a cool head? Yes he said some unfortunate things, but he was angry and lashing out. People seem to forget the amount of times he's said how amazing this club and fans are, People on here were gushing over his comments at the awards dinner last week. As for him seeking assurances over budget, why not? Hes the manager, he's ultimately responsible for how the team plays and players that are recruited and wants the best for his team and supporters. Gus has a difficult balancing act between Tony B, the fans the press and other clubs and agents watching what we spend, now we have F.F.P Some of his statements are to manage expectation and to throw agents and other clubs off the scent.
I make no apologies that I am a Gus fan, he's done wonders for us in the time he's been here, season upon season has seen improvement and I will be gutted if he goes. Absolutely no person is bigger than a club but I for one will miss him and I suspect i won't be the only one.

Clearly his statements weren't heat of the moment ... now Orlandi is saying 2 days later he fears for Gus leaving, so now it's unsettling the players too (unless that's misquoted)

Of course he deserves a budget and the more the better but these are things that he sits down and talks to Bloom and the board about not to Radio Sussex, The Argus et all. Don't for one minute believe the statements are designed to throw anyone off the scent, on the contrary it will have a few Chairman thinking "what if?"

At least I'm glad Bloom and/or Barber haven't resorted to doing their business in public, much more professional

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Orlando said that less than an hour after the game on Monday. On BBC Sussex, he said that he believed Gus would be in the premier league either with us or without us and now we were out of the play offs it was likely the latter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here