Has anyone read the argus today for news on Vicente? [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Andy Naylor tweeted last night saying that in today's paper, Gus was talking about the future for Vicente at the club. Has anyone picked up a copy?

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
Has anyone read the argus today for news on Vicente?

Hi guys i live in Somerset so I'm not able to read the local paper.
Andy Naylor tweeted yesterday that there will be news on Vicente's future in the paper today, is there anyone who can shed some light on this?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not a lot really. Just that Gus still sees an important role for Vicente in the side, but surprise, surprise he is unlikely to be available on saturday as he is still troubled by injury.

It's a shame but we are looking at Harley to continue his improvement in the midfield in the short term I think.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Is it Groundhog Day? Every time I open this thread, it's has anyone got the Argus today?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, essentially, I agree with Gus when he says Vicente still has a place, I mean we have plenty of time, if we are to get a good hold of the championship before we go anywhere more.

The back pages were just talking about Vicente not playing since Hull back in October. He is likely to miss the Middlesbrough game too, but then doesn't that make the last game before Christmas extra special, as Vicente might be back, even if as a sub? Then he could bang in a goal, and make this Christmas even more sweeter.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This was a shit or bust move for him .... unfortunately it appears to be the latter. Hope I'm wrong

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know I'll get burnt at the stake for saying this, but I would prefer to stick with Harley now as he is definitely improving. Vicente doesn't seem to have the stomach for it.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
All i want for christmas............... is VICENTE

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I doubt we will get ten games out of him this season tbh. Not his fault. If he did not have a poor injury record, we would not have got him in the first place.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
this is such bollocks

only a week or so ago, Gus said he was fit but training so hard he was too tired???

am i the only one who finds the secrecy and misinformation that comes out from the management somewhat bizarre, unnecessary and frankly f***ing irritating?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I know I'll get burnt at the stake for saying this, but I would prefer to stick with Harley now as he is definitely improving. Vicente doesn't seem to have the stomach for it.

Very strange post. If you think we should stick with Harley then fair enough, but to say that Vicente doesn't have the stomach for it is odd, as you have absolutely no idea on his fitness / motivation etc, you're just making it up. Does Hoskins not have the stomach for it as well? What about Buckley?

Surely what you actually mean is that he has injury problems?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Disappointed because he can bring the spark that only true quality offers - I quite like Harley but he will never be more than workmanlike in comparison. Still, to perform at his best he needs games so let's hope that his hamstring is okay and he can play on Saturday

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

While I don't agree about the Vicente not having the stomach comment, I do agree that perhaps it should be Harley's role now and it would be unfair and probably not constructive to have Vicente just to come in and play once every few months.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All a bit cloak and dagger isn't it, I mean what is actually wrong with him? What is the injury? He's nearly fit, he's injured, he's nearly fit, he's injured etc etc

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Vicente was a spanish international and one of the best players in the world a few years ago. He would not sign for us unless he had serious injury problems which meant he could not play at the highest level. Its no surprise we have only seen him a handful of times but for people to be questioning whether or not he is up for the fight or has the stomach for it is ridiculous. We don't know the ins and outs but I don't think there is much more to it than he is just injury prone.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not what we need when combined with other injury problems. Cant be suprised with his recent record before joining though.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
You have got to give Harley some credit.

He is obviously working hard & his game is definately improving. All this knowing that he is likely to be overlooked by Gus if Vicente gets fit.

Not for one minute am i saying Harley is a better option just that people on here doubt his commitment & for me he proves it by this.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
this is such bollocks

only a week or so ago, Gus said he was fit but training so hard he was too tired???

am i the only one who finds the secrecy and misinformation that comes out from the management somewhat bizarre, unnecessary and frankly f***ing irritating?

Got to agree with this. If he wants to keep other managers guessing then fair enough but it is beginning to piss me off somewhat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports