Harveys at the Stadium

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Good idea. Go hungry, and spite yourself because you can't * get your favourite pint. Boo ****ing hoo.

Then sit there, moaning your moany little head off that we haven't spent enough on players.

*if this is even true.

Blimey, is someone taking a stand on something they care about, even if you don't, really that bad of a thing?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I firmly believe that most bitter drinkers would buy JS if it were the only choice in the same way I buy horrible Strongbow.

I firmly believe they won't. We're a different breed, we drink for the flavour, not just to get pissed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Blimey, is someone taking a stand on something they care about, even if you don't, really that bad of a thing?

It is if they attempt to rally support behind the idea of depriving the club of income, yes.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Because you need a palette for ale. Lager is lager - lemonade and piss.

No it's not. Czech Budvar or proper Dutch Heineken for example are about as similar to Fosters or Carling as Harveys Sussex and Dark Star Hophead are to John Smiths or Boddingtons.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
i cant believe this either... so im not going to untill announced. makes no sence whatso ever. the club know full well they'll lose substantial revenue if they dropped Harveys, and people wouldnt get early/stay late. and shirley Harvey's dont want to drop such a massive amount of sales.

IF this is true and IF the club has transferred all the revenue risk to the caterer, then the club will not lose any revenue in the short term. However, they will lose a lot of goodwill, at the margin more people will leave at the final whistle and therefore the transport queues will be worse. I believe one of the reasons for our phenomenal crowd numbers, STHs etc. is that the whole 'product' was great when we moved to the Amex. If we just go for the short-term, bottom line options this will start to be undermined.

PG

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Anyone else up for a complete boycott of products at the Amex if this happens?

I don't think you'd need one, as people will just drink more in town anyway, before and after games. That's not a boycott, that's just called being a consumer. And this idea of a large number people handing over more for a far worse product because they see it as a kind of charitable donation to the club's promotion push is simply risible.

Anyway, I hope Dave's wrong.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
IF this is true and IF the club has transferred all the revenue risk to the caterer, then the club will not lose any revenue in the short term. However, they will lose a lot of goodwill, at the margin more people will leave at the final whistle and therefore the transport queues will be worse. I believe one of the reasons for our phenomenal crowd numbers, STHs etc. is that the whole 'product' was great when we moved to the Amex. If we just go for the short-term, bottom line options this will start to be undermined.

PG

Agreed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would not be so sure. Other than than sharing the same description - they are nothing like the same drink.

John Smith's is the biggest selling bitter in the world. This can mean one of two things, although probably a combination of the two...

- A lot of people buy it through choice.

- A lot of people who like bitter will buy JS if it's the only option available to them.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I know, just kidding. WOuld you drink Fosters or Carling though?

Nope, never. I prefer ale, but am partial to a decent lager or wheat beer now and again. I'd certainly spend a lot less at The Amex if this were true and to become a trend.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And this idea of a large number people handing over more for a far worse product because they see it as a kind of charitable donation to the club's promotion push is simply risible.

The days of giving money for some rubbish product/service because it was the the club and they needed the money were left behind at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports