Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys at the Stadium

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So assuming piglets pies goes and Harveys, I thought the ethos of the club was a local community club, where the club would support "local" businesses....that would fly in the face of this!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yes they would. They might be disgruntled, and people on HERE would be up in arms, but when it came down to it, they would.

Bollocks would they. I for one wouldn't touch the stuff, because it's horrible and no replacement. And on average, I've probably drunk 3-4 pints of Preparation H, the Elixir of the Ouse, per visit to the Amex - I know, a lightweight compared to some but the bladder's not what it was.

As others have said, I'd head into town and drink decent beer there instead - thereby adding to the immediate post-match transport rush.

So, what's next on the good news trail? Pukka Pies, I reckon.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think you under-estimate some beer drinkers palette.

Maybe... I hope its not true as a couple of mates will only drink haveys and it would be a shame if they didnt drink before games as no doubt they will be mute during the game if they dont have a drink.

I think you under-estimate some beer drinkers palette.

I'm not sure about that, I drink lager and think the ones at The Amex are rubbish but drink them anyway, the cider drinkers almost to a man don't like Strongbow but drink it anyway.

What makes you thing real ale drinkers will be any different?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Anyone else up for a complete boycott of products at the Amex if this happens?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Good luck with the queues to get away from the ground.

(I don't like any of the drinks on offer, most notably the cider is shit and most of those I go with feel the same. But we all tend to stay behind because a shit drink is better than a long queue.)

I can see that but financially going to the football is getting pricey enough, and i'm not paying £4 for a shit drink i'd probably nurse cup of tea for half hour

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone else up for a complete boycott of products at the Amex if this happens?

Good idea. Go hungry, and spite yourself because you can't * get your favourite pint. Boo ****ing hoo.

Then sit there, moaning your moany little head off that we haven't spent enough on players.

*if this is even true.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So assuming piglets pies goes and Harveys, I thought the ethos of the club was a local community club, where the club would support "local" businesses....that would fly in the face of this!

Local suppliers have already been dropped for cheaper alternitives.

A friends parents company supplied ingrediants for the club, however this has now changed and the company currently supplying are outside the local area.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure about that, I drink lager and think the ones at The Amex are rubbish but drink them anyway, the cider drinkers almost to a man don't like Strongbow but drink it anyway.

Exactly my point and my position.

I'm guessing that John Smiths sells in ridiculous volumes - so people are buying it no-matter what the snobs would have you believe.

I firmly believe that most bitter drinkers would buy JS if it were the only choice in the same way I buy horrible Strongbow.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i cant believe this either... so im not going to untill announced. makes no sence whatso ever. the club know full well they'll lose substantial revenue if they dropped Harveys, and people wouldnt get early/stay late. and shirley Harvey's dont want to drop such a massive amount of sales.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If Harveys is replaced by another decent beer no problem. If they replace it with John Smiths or the like then that will be my Amex drinking days over. Cant believe that they would take away something so popular that has become something the club has become renowned for as a usp.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Good idea. Go hungry, and spite yourself because you can't * get your favourite pint. Boo ****ing hoo.

Then sit there, moaning your moany little head off that we haven't spent enough on players.

*if this is even true.

When the products were great (Piglets & Harveys) I was quite happy to spend the money (approx £500 a season). If they are bog standard, I can probably take it or leave it.... and can think of 500 good reasons to leave it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Good luck with that.

It's the way to treat companies that mistreat their customers, if they think they can get away with this then what will be next?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Local suppliers have already been dropped for cheaper alternitives.

A friends parents company supplied ingrediants for the club, however this has now changed and the company currently supplying are outside the local area.
I know you got to get a good price but I am trying to encourage business in Haywards Heath to buy local ally if possible and I think a community club should do the same.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Because you need a palette for ale. Lager is lager - lemonade and piss. If they bought in doombar or similar I could cope but John Smiths is utter muck. When you're used to shagging Louise Redknapp you don't want to start feltching Harry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here