Harty can you please explain to me what a window licker is?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What makes me laugh about this thread is that there are at least a couple of people slating Harty for his comments, who post on another message board associated with BHAFC and openly abuse the mentally disabled, blacks, gays etc. Then they come on here trying to claim so kind of moral high ground by picking up on what someone else said. Yes, it was the wrong thing to say on air but its not that big a deal! This board is absolutely full of depressing, hypocritical morons who in no way reflect the true sentiments of the average albion fan. You are never happy unless you are on someones back! If its not Mickey, its Harty. If its not Harty, its Dick Tight. If its not Dick Tight, its banana boots. If its not banana boots, its H-block. If its not H-block, its Dave the Gaffer. If its not Dave the Gaffer, its the credit crunch. If its not the credit crunch its the atmosphere. If its not the atmosphere its ticket prices. Its absolutely ridiculous. I hope you all f*ck off and go an support Crawley!

I think you,re saying............ you love all of us.....

Mar 9, 2008
The difference being that they don't broadcast it on a BBC radio station, who can be punished by ofcom as a result.

An absolutely ridiculous argument. I clearly stated that Harty should not have said that on air. However, the kind of people coming on here having a pop is outrageous. They are in absolutely no position. That still makes Harty's comment wrong. But so is abusing the mentally disabled on a message board. That is my point. I am very surprised that certain individuals have piped up. Once again, that doesn't make Harty right. Also, this board makes very depressing reading...in case you didn't catch that from my original post!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trouble is, Harty's first and foremost an Albion fan wearing his heart on his sleeve, and he's been thrust (or thrust himself, doesn't matter which) into the world of BBC rules and regulations which demand he never knowingly causing offence to any of God's manifold creatures. On the whole I reckon he does pretty OK, albeit the Alf Garnett tendencies are becoming reportedly more frequent. But, hand on heart, could any one of us honestly get through a whole phone-in without offending anyone at all? Personally I'd be launching into my 'Glen Murray = Lazy Fucker' spiel about three minutes into the show. Luckily I've got a good voice for The Sign Channel.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Trouble is, Harty's first and foremost an Albion fan wearing his heart on his sleeve, and he's been thrust (or thrust himself, doesn't matter which) into the world of BBC rules and regulations which demand he never knowingly causing offence to any of God's manifold creatures. On the whole I reckon he does pretty OK, albeit the Alf Garnett tendencies are becoming reportedly more frequent. But, hand on heart, could any one of us honestly get through a whole phone-in without offending anyone at all? Personally I'd be launching into my 'Glen Murray = Lazy Fucker' spiel about three minutes into the show. Luckily I've got a good voice for The Sign Channel.

Spot On.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Pipe down and let Harty do his job. Lets face it, when he's not about the SCR coverage sucks. I'm sure he didn't mean offense and anyone who truely thinks Ian Hart is a biggot doesn't know Ian Hart. He slipped up, he is human.

D

Deleted User X18H

:
If it wasn't for Ian Hart there wouldn't be a club now , some people forget this or they simply jumped on the bandwagon years later so wouldn't know.
If it wasn't for Ian Hart and Gulls Eye the club would be dead.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: my gawd I love you:love:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I work in radio, and if I said something like that on air I'd EXPECT to be sacked.

I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing.

I'm not sure what the drill would be for me on commercial radio. But I would expect to be punished in some way or another. But then again I would never have said it.

Might be worth noting Harty that those people from NSC you were referring to, probably make up some of your SCR audience :shootself

Harty is a passionate bloke. He went over the top on this one it would appear. I am a big Harty fan but I have noticed a tendency if not a definate trend in that he does slag off NSC a lot on his show and deride the site and its contributors a lot which seems a bit hypocritical.

Agreed US.
If he's 'one of us', using us for airtime subject, yet all the while cagily deriding much of what we say - then the agendas can't work every way that's convenient.

Come on Harty, you can't walk both sides of the fence mate, not without being regarded as a trespasser on one.

NSC has also been around so long now, and everyone and their dog has a computer - so you can basically say "some Albion fans think this...." without regarding NSC as an asylum for special olympians.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
but that still isnt quoting, its an assumption. I want to make comment on the actual quote and context:)

It's not an assumption as such because I was actually listening when it happened.

However I conceed I can't remember the EXACT turn-of-phrase that Harty used. But I'm sure it was very much how I put it.

Also it was actually Hawesy who used the term "window-licker" in it's proper form a few seconds after Harty made the intial remark.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It's not an assumption as such because I was actually listening when it happened.

However I conceed I can't remember the EXACT turn-of-phrase that Harty used. But I'm sure it was very much how I put it.

Also it was actually Hawesy who used the term "window-licker" in it's proper form a few seconds after Harty made the intial remark.

So why arent people getting on Hawesys back?

Is Harty the easy target or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports