Harty can you please explain to me what a window licker is?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I think one of Harty's qualities is that he does his show in the context of talking to mates. A fair few people on here have used the term window licker and nobody goes off at them reminding them of the non PC ness of it!

Okay, on air, on BBC, was probably not the best place to say it but it is not our place to police him, that is the BBC's job. If they accept his apology and move on then so should you guys.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I agree, as much as I like the banter that exists on here, the constant bollox talk from some individuals is clearly having an affect to the wider Albion audience via SC radio. People should be ringing up talking about football, and not the childish goings on, on the internet.

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
you lot are a load of window licker's who are so far up your own arses its brilliant.. what a sad lot of twats you are, you find it offensive.....f*** off...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Top rant spooky :clap:
Never fails to amaze me how quickly people turn into pretentious wankers on here.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty is a passionate bloke. He went over the top on this one it would appear. I am a big Harty fan but I have noticed a tendency if not a definate trend in that he does slag off NSC a lot on his show and deride the site and its contributors a lot which seems a bit hypocritical.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wasn't offended at all. Diodn't even know what a window licker was until I looked at this thread. Also he didn't say window lickers, he said people should go and lick windows instead of posting crap on here. So what.

Honestly the irony ofg the over reaction on here appears to be lost on many.

Keep going Harty, you make a dull radio station listenable.

D

Deleted member 2719

Harty is a passionate bloke. He went over the top on this one it would appear. I am a big Harty fan but I have noticed a tendency if not a definate trend in that he does slag off NSC a lot on his show and deride the site and its contributors a lot which seems a bit hypocritical.

Well put, although i wouldn't say i am fan of his i like his passion, let's just say he is like Chris Moyles one day he is spontaneous and funny the next he talks utter tripe the latter being tonights show.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He's allowed to call people window lickers. He's from Worthing innit.

Bit like black people referring to each other as ****** or Spurs fans calling each other yids.

Mar 9, 2008
What makes me laugh about this thread is that there are at least a couple of people slating Harty for his comments, who post on another message board associated with BHAFC and openly abuse the mentally disabled, blacks, gays etc. Then they come on here trying to claim so kind of moral high ground by picking up on what someone else said. Yes, it was the wrong thing to say on air but its not that big a deal! This board is absolutely full of depressing, hypocritical morons who in no way reflect the true sentiments of the average albion fan. You are never happy unless you are on someones back! If its not Mickey, its Harty. If its not Harty, its Dick Tight. If its not Dick Tight, its banana boots. If its not banana boots, its H-block. If its not H-block, its Dave the Gaffer. If its not Dave the Gaffer, its the credit crunch. If its not the credit crunch its the atmosphere. If its not the atmosphere its ticket prices. Its absolutely ridiculous. I hope you all f*ck off and go an support Crawley!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
What makes me laugh about this thread is that there are at least a couple of people slating Harty for his comments, who post on another message board associated with BHAFC and openly abuse the mentally disabled, blacks, gays etc. Then they come on here trying to claim so kind of moral high ground by picking up on what someone else said. Yes, it was the wrong thing to say on air but its not that big a deal! This board is absolutely full of depressing, hypocritical morons who in no way reflect the true sentiments of the average albion fan. You are never happy unless you are on someones back! If its not Mickey, its Harty. If its not Harty, its Dick Tight. If its not Dick Tight, its banana boots. If its not banana boots, its H-block. If its not H-block, its Dave the Gaffer. If its not Dave the Gaffer, its the credit crunch. If its not the credit crunch its the atmosphere. If its not the atmosphere its ticket prices. Its absolutely ridiculous. I hope you all f*ck off and go an support Crawley!

The difference being that they don't broadcast it on a BBC radio station, who can be punished by ofcom as a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports