Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Rednapp has left QPR

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Imagine Harry in the Sky studio on xfer window close night, he'd have a meltdown

He'd be w**king like a gibbon under the desk, witnessing all those opportunities for a good old-fashioned Cockney bung.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
QPR are relegated anyway.....to the Conference that is since the Football League will probably stick to their guns over FFP, much like they did over Cellino at Leeds.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
You would think so.

Is this the end for 'arry as manager. See him as Sky pundit on a screen near you.

I would genuinely consider cancelling my Sky subscription

The only analysis he would give is pointing out how he would do so much better at whatever club is on the television and how it is the biggest crime in history that he wasn't appointed England manager. And imagine that melted face up close in HD. Would need to come with an 18 rating

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I would genuinely consider cancelling my Sky subscription

The only analysis he would give is pointing out how he would do so much better at whatever club is on the television and how it is the biggest crime in history that he wasn't appointed England manager. And imagine that melted face up close in HD. Would need to come with an 18 rating
Or even worse, he could end up on BBC with Robbie Savage.

The two of them together would be mind blowingly awful.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I love the excuse about the knee injury. It reminds me of an honours citation I once read, "For services to the parachute industry"; come on everyone knows you just couldn't say "For services to the arms industry". My Dad had a real-life example of this: he was Head in a Prep school. One pupil's fees were settled on headed paper from the Guildford Parachute Company. It turned out the fellow was supplying arms to both sides of the Biafran conflict in Nigeria. That's the sort of jape I'd imagine 'Arry to get up to.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
If 'Arrys knee is effecting him from doing the job now, what is his excuse for the fact he relegated QPR and then only just scraped them back up through the play-offs despite having by far and away the best and most expensive squad in the division last season?

Not to mention this seasons miracle so far

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
"Head of football operations Les Ferdinand and academy coach Chris Ramsey will take temporary charge. "

Is that "our" Chris?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Capture.PNGYes, those were the days :albion2:

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
When Tony Fernandez refused to splash the cash this transfer window, he should have contacted his dog Rosie and asked her to release some funds from her ''Offshore Account'' They could then have brought in Gareth Bale and Ronaldo from Real Madrid and Lionel Messi from Barcelona

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"How's me old knee looking then, Doc, for sure?".

"Not good, I'm afraid, Mr Redknapp. The cartilage is completely worn away. You're down to the bare bones".

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
IMO it's time for Harry to hang up his coaching boots. QPR in the PL was one job too far, he got found out and really should have walked away a bit earlier.

Ok he took Spurs on a brief run in the Champions league (courtesy of firing up a rampant Gareth Bale) and probably left WHL without completely fulfilling their potential. However it is scary to think that he ever got within a sniff of the England job.

If he is sensible he will negotiate a generous earner from Sky for some occasional punditry in his own cheeky chappie style.

When he does retire it will be interesting to see how football reflects on Harry's managerial legacy. Coaching genius, loveable rogue - or profligate example of all that has been bad about the Premier League? I suspect many will view him as the latter. For all his footballing success there is also a fair amount of collateral damage underpinning his record. The trouble is that he found Clubs with owners/chairmen who were willing to indulge his fantasies, as long as he won the silverware. So there will be others willing to overlook his shortcomings.

I wonder how many Albion fans would have wanted him in charge at The Amex? Fortunately he isn't Tony Bloom's style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here