Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Kane

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The following is an observation from me, generally accepted. Btw I love Muzza, Dunk, Solly etc.

There’s a real disconnect from fans now. When I first followed the Albion in 1976 kids ran on at 90 minutes to pat their heroes, you knew where many players lived and I called round to one or two for autographs, as a clubber I saw players out and about. Simpler times.

Contrast to now. Security is extensive, cordoned off VIP sections of the ‘poshest’ nightclub. We took the piss of club security when Maty Ryan came to sign autographs to one or two remaining NS kids, security people accompany him with the mic talkpiece obviously chatting to the head jobsworth. FFS there’s not a Monica Seles incident waiting in the wings.

Over the top, silly, bizarre times.

Indeed it is over the top. In Sweden, where players make about as much as money as someone in the upper middle class, there is a lot less of this disconnect (aside for the general one that has happened with digital society becoming increasingly more "important" than what goes on locally). We often still see interviews being made at the home of some player or similar. Pretty unthinkable when it comes to the PL.

At the same time its a bit logical with the increase of money and the increased chance of being filmed or whatever whenever you go do something. When it comes to security, we already see a lot of robberies in the homes of different players and without the additional security, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a bit of kidnappings and shit.

Its obviously a sad development though. Football clubs/players and local communities should be as connected to eachother as possible.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed it is over the top. In Sweden, where players make about as much as money as someone in the upper middle class, there is a lot less of this disconnect (aside for the general one that has happened with digital society becoming increasingly more "important" than what goes on locally). We often still see interviews being made at the home of some player or similar. Pretty unthinkable when it comes to the PL.

At the same time its a bit logical with the increase of money and the increased chance of being filmed or whatever whenever you go do something. When it comes to security, we already see a lot of robberies in the homes of different players and without the additional security, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a bit of kidnappings and shit.

Its obviously a sad development though. Football clubs/players and local communities should be as connected to eachother as possible.

I admire Duncan Ferguson’s approach to intruders.

TWICE giving a hiding to different sets of aggravated burglars. Natural justice.

(I realise that’s no help when a player’s away, the house targeted).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Elite footballers are on movie-star wages nowadays, so like them, its inevitable they'll exist in a detached bubble far away from the public, and plebs in general.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If Kane really wants to force a move, what's to stop him mucking around during every game? Deliberately missing the ball, giving away pens, scoring own goals, kicking the ball out, not running etc. Sooner or later, he'll be dropped and would Spurs really want to pay big wages for someone who doesn't get into the squad.

City could then get a reduced deal on the grounds that he's not a first team player :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Most important question, is there really a need to go free range? And what’s the actual point of cress - it’s flavourless… :shrug:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If he stayed out of the training sesson because of wanting to force a move it always puts his club in a really difficult situation... players have a lot of power today. What are they going to do? Sack him for not showing up?

A simple solution to this farcical behaviour would be to enforce a rule that any player still under contract would have to buy themselves out of it if they wanted to leave the club before the contract expired.
Financial checks to ensure that the purchasing club didn't pay it for them.

Note the pronoun :)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Most important question, is there really a need to go free range? And what’s the actual point of cress - it’s flavourless… :shrug:

Cress hasn't got flavour?
What are you on about?

Cress has a wonderful flavour.
I haven't had it for donkey's because it just encourages me eat even more sandwiches than i already do.

Are you a heavy smoker?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If Kane really wants to force a move, what's to stop him mucking around during every game? Deliberately missing the ball, giving away pens, scoring own goals, kicking the ball out, not running etc. Sooner or later, he'll be dropped and would Spurs really want to pay big wages for someone who doesn't get into the squad.

City could then get a reduced deal on the grounds that he's not a first team player :)

Like scoring lots of OGs? I wonder if that's ever been tried before?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

It’s a strategy that doesn’t appear to be serving Dele Alli very well…

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It has changed for sure. Players all smiles with opponents after derby defeats. Bucketloads of dosh, the next trip to a Cartier/Rolex or Bentley dealers a day away, holidays in 7* resorts with EPL mates at other clubs.

Enough to make old skool Roy Keane angry, again.

It was also noticeable how many England players used private jets for their post Euro summer holidays…even Ben White.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was also noticeable how many England players used private jets for their post Euro summer holidays…even Ben White.

It literally was a LearJet taking him home from his hols.

I’ve worked with seriously wealthy folk who’ve never entertained the idea of a private jet for a journey.

EPL footballers are not only wealthy, but they know know how to spend it.

Clubs too …. wonder if Arsenal ultimately met the cost?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Shared the one to Greece with Phillips so I imagine £20k between them wasn’t much.

Easier to come back from Ibiza knowing you’ve got £120k/ week contract waiting + fat sign on fee around the corner

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never gonna happen. Not in a million years.

Anyway what would they do ? Cancel his contract? :)

Oh, I know it's unlikely. I'm sure they could stop paying him as long as he desn't turn up, unless his contract contains a clause along the lines of. "We guarantee to keep on paying you even if you fail to turn up for training when required and don't play when selected." Can't see old moneybags at Spurs sanctioning that!

It woud certainly finish up in court though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Kane is 3 years into a 6 year deal.
2. He is contractually obliged to turn up to training.
3. By not turning up you disrespect your coaches, your teammates and your club.
4. This is not the time to be selling Kane when only one of the few clubs that have the capability to buy him actually have the cash to do so now.

It's poor from Kane but also poor from Citeh. If you want the player then pay the price, don't make the bloke trash his legacy for the sake of a few mill.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Seems like they have fined him for not reporting back for training.

I guess thay had to do something, but considering the squillions he will get if he moves, I can't believe that Kane will be too bothered by a fine.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Breaking news on Sky, according to their sources Kane will return to Tottingham training towards the end of the week. Make of that what you will but the saga rumbles on.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Harry Kane has chosen not to report to Tottenham’s training ground for a second day as he tries to force a transfer to Manchester City but plans to return later this week.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here