Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Kane

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just read a Grealish article on The Athletic, and that intimates that Kane is going nowhere in this Transfer window. Spurs appear to hold all the cards in this situation and the 6 year deal he’s in the middle of puts the club in the driving seat

Spurs are desperate to sell him but they want " Top Dollar " for him. That might not happen now though because Man City might turn to Lionel Messi now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s a terrific player and seems a very very decent and humble guy. Yet you can’t win with some in this social media, everyone has a strong opinion based on little/nothing era we unfortunately live in. Good luck to him - his passion for our country and leadership skills for England have been nothing short of brilliant.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I thought he was a decent guy till he backed into our player to get a penalty.
Now he can go f himself as far as I am concerened.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It's not the only time he's done that. It's a nasty trick he seems to have developed - needs to get red-carded for it before he breaks someone's neck.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

He does seem to go looking for free kicks and for such a big strong person seems to go to ground easily. Someone else pointed out he also goes missing in the big games. That said, Grealish also dives around at the faintest opportunity…not a trait of Pep teams so I imagine he will stop them doing this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s a terrific player and seems a very very decent and humble guy. Yet you can’t win with some in this social media, everyone has a strong opinion based on little/nothing era we unfortunately live in. Good luck to him - his passion for our country and leadership skills for England have been nothing short of brilliant.

I agree.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I'll add my name to this as well.

If you respect people like Lineker and Shearer as superb England strikers, who helped get us through to latter stages of competitions whilst at the same time being a decent role model and leader, then surely Kane is on the same level. Yes I have no time for the diving and the backing in either, but it would be fake nostalgia to suggest the England heroes of yesteryear were sqeaky clean either

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll add my name to this as well.

If you respect people like Lineker and Shearer as superb England strikers, who helped get us through to latter stages of competitions whilst at the same time being a decent role model and leader, then surely Kane is on the same level. Yes I have no time for the diving and the backing in either, but it would be fake nostalgia to suggest the England heroes of yesteryear were sqeaky clean either

It is very easy to get one-eyed about any player not in a Brighton shirt. Shearer was the elbow king. It even cost England the Campbell goal in 98, but the man is revered, and rightly so.

While we are considering backing in to gain free kicks, Glenn Murray was a master. And if we want to cast our eyes further for utter shitehouses, Maupay is up there and (hopefully) Flozza will be joining him soon.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He is a cheating knob, show me footage of Lineker pulling any cheating stunts like he does.
No comparison at all, he is a cheat, end of.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Confirmed that he’ll be staying ‘this summer’.

Levy making sure that despite his abundance of talent, his personal medals cabinet will remain empty for the foreseeable future.

Just because a player wants to leave, it doesn’t always mean they get their move.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Levy making sure that despite his abundance of talent, his personal medals cabinet will remain empty for the foreseeable future.

Just because a player wants to leave, it doesn’t always mean they get their move.

So it should be. Another player that signed a long contract on big bucks but thinks he can decide when to leave (aka Zaha)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Just in case this hasn't been mentioned.

The reason why Kane is struggling to leave Spurs is because he had negotiating is last contract:-

HIS BROTHER. :lolol:

Levy must have wee-wee'ed his pants when t'other Kane came through the door.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good for Spurs imo, although I’m not convinced it won’t happen by the time the window slams shut. If you sign a long contract on increased wage with no release clause/ fee negotiated, you should be made to suck it up.

Zaha case is the funniest though, a verbal agreement with Prince Charming that he could leave if a random fee was offered. Gormless or just plain naive?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
"Sign here Harry for 6 years"
"But what if we are still rubbish?"
"Don't worry about that Harry, Deli Ali will be the next Lionel Messi and we've got Vincent Jansen to play alongside you"
"Ok, you got a pen"

Moral of the story. Don't employ your brother - who if he had shit for brains they wouldn't even smell - as your agent.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Still feel there could be a plot twist on this yet, been an intriguing story bubbling through the summer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I Loved this ......... David Allen Green.

(Bit of politics in there so don’t open if easily triggered)

All very good points jolly well made.

I think that along with the bloogers point about rexit, the retreat from Afghanistan is another Harry episode, albeit in this case it would be more accurate to cast the UK in the role of Harry's bitch rather than Harry himself, having made ourselves hostage to the fortunes of the US over when to leave Afghanistan and what to do if the locals renege on the arrangements and instantly bend over for the Taliban. Apologies if this reply constitutes a 'triggering'. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here