Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Kane? Poll

Your take on Harry Kane

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hard to believe I know but I would not want him anywhere near the Albion, which I accept would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. I dislike him that much
This in spades.

Kane isn't just a professional gamesmanship player he's an out and out cheat. He would therefore fail the NDP test.

If we signed him I'd stop watching.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He did. He was always backing into players and then falling over looking for the free kick.

I think the hate for Kane is purely because of that Lallana penalty. Before that I don't remember anyone saying anything about Kane. Since it he's been public enemy number one(well, 2. Zaha is number one in that regard) and because of that a lot of people now only see what they want to see. Namely that Kane is a diving, dangerous cheat.

That said I'd be delighted if he got sent off for diving today and this post was bounced with schadenfreuden glee as we whallop the ten men of spurs.
This.

I have absolutely no problem with Kane at all. My Liverpool supporting mate calls him rubbish and a cheat. Every time he scores against Liverpool. Which is often.

If he crosses the line and gets away with this it is entirely because of the subconscious bias of referees.

If you recall, Shearer used to dig an embow in the face of the defender every time he went for the ball. He was almost never penalized. Subconscious bias in favour of England's number nine.

And yet, did he not get his come-uppance when Campbell scored for England in a world cup (same game as the Owen wonder goal)? Shearer penalized for elbowing, goal disallowed, and we went on to be knocked out of the compo, and Shearer ended his career with no medals.

I always thought Shearer was a snide. Just as Bruno Fernandes is a different sort of snide.

Kane, however, strikes me as an excellent player whose football brain and physicality have turned a journeyman into one of the world's best players. People need to get over it. We didn't lose yesterday because Kane cheated. He scored an excellent goal. We have plenty of things to complain about by Kane isn't one of them :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This.

I have absolutely no problem with Kane at all. My Liverpool supporting mate calls him rubbish and a cheat. Every time he scores against Liverpool. Which is often.

If he crosses the line and gets away with this it is entirely because of the subconscious bias of referees.

If you recall, Shearer used to dig an embow in the face of the defender every time he went for the ball. He was almost never penalized. Subconscious bias in favour of England's number nine.

And yet, did he not get his come-uppance when Campbell scored for England in a world cup (same game as the Owen wonder goal)? Shearer penalized for elbowing, goal disallowed, and we went on to be knocked out of the compo, and Shearer ended his career with no medals.

I always thought Shearer was a snide. Just as Bruno Fernandes is a different sort of snide.

Kane, however, strikes me as an excellent player whose football brain and physicality have turned a journeyman into one of the world's best players. People need to get over it. We didn't lose yesterday because Kane cheated. He scored an excellent goal. We have plenty of things to complain about by Kane isn't one of them :shrug:
No problem with his goal, it was a well worked one taken well BUT did you see him go down in the Spurs box after a tap on the ankle clutching his knee? Like Zef I would stop watching if we ever signed him, I care not how many historic cheats are flagged up he is right up there with the biggest cheats to ever wear an England shirt. I despise him and he is a terrible role model for young kids, apart from the cheating, constantly in the refs ear disputing decisions and trying to influence the ref. He’s there at every single vaguely contentious decision. If my kids were still young I’d be holding him up as someone they should never aspire to be like. Cheats boil my piss at all levels.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
This.

Have you considered the possibility that your Liverpool supporting friend might be right, and that Kane frequently cheats against them, just as he frequently cheats against us and every other team he plays against?
I'm not sure why anybody would consider Shearer a snide but not Kane, even in the context of your own post.
Shearer also finished with a Premier League winners medal, which I suspect Kane won't. Not that it alters the argument at all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have you considered the possibility that your Liverpool supporting friend might be right, and that Kane frequently cheats against them, just as he frequently cheats against us and every other team he plays against?
I'm not sure why anybody would consider Shearer a snide but not Kane, even in the context of your own post.
Shearer also finished with a Premier League winners medal, which I suspect Kane won't. Not that it alters the argument at all.
I'm not suggesting Kane doesn't cheat.

I'm simply suggesting that he isn't the football equivalent of Jeffrey Dahmer who, owing to The Conspiracy, is treated by referees like he is football's Mary Poppins.

Spit spot.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'm not suggesting Kane doesn't cheat.

I'm simply suggesting that he isn't the football equivalent of Jeffrey Dahmer who, owing to The Conspiracy, is treated by referees like he is football's Mary Poppins.

Spit spot.
Well that's no excuse for factual inaccuracy re. Shearer's medal count.
Also, Jeffrey Dahmer? Are you just trying to make my search history look even weirder and more disturbing than it already is?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well that's no excuse for factual inaccuracy re. Shearer's medal count.
Also, Jeffrey Dahmer? Are you just trying to make my search history look even weirder and more disturbing than it already is?
Yeah, bang to rights over Shearer's Blackburn triumph.

One medal, though. For England's talismanic striker.

As for my allusion, all you need to know is it is colourful :wink:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
The reason I will not watch or support England, he is a wonderful player, but a cheat of the highest order.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Harry Kane is one of the worst cheats in the game. He thinks he's being well pro. Yeah it's well pro Harry for the England captain to be such a disgusting cheat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here