Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hands up we were crap

TheMajor, what's happened to you over the last 24 hours? I like it, though :)

Funny what a win can do for you Major, I have said on many a post, You deserved the win on the day, last season we lost to Donny before going in the history books as being the 1st team to win away and claim 3 points at the Amex, when I saw the Barnsley result last week Tues I know we'd lose at the Amex:ffsparr::(

Oct 2, 2011
I would say so, our most dangerous player Johnny W being going off at half time didn't help, but 3-0 was a fair result. We had to lose sometime, and the last time i witnessed it was when they had Gary Nelson playing for them up front. I bet half of the Brighton fans that were there on Sunday wouldn't know who Gary Nelson was....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Didn't think Palace were that bad. Judging on the first forty minutes, I thought they were more likely to score. But the two goals knocked the stuffing out of them, as it would most teams. Brighton played strongly as a team throughout.

I agree. I thought they were dangerous. I think we matched that and we hit them with goals at the perfect times. Had Palace scored first, what might have happened? Who knows? Who cares?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Anyone else still feeling GLAD ULLOA

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Me too, well played sirs. We were toothless and I'm actually grateful that there weren't any contentious decisions (apart from perhaps Dikgacoi should have gone) for either side to mar what was just a deserved victory and deserved defeat respectively.

We just need a reaction now against Birmingham and probably a couple of favours from other teams.

I think we are now destined for the play offs though and worry that we will have little momentum going into them which as we all know is crucial.

You got a boost for the Brum game with the news that Winifred Fallover is banned

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I would say so, our most dangerous player Johnny W being going off at half time didn't help, but 3-0 was a fair result. We had to lose sometime, and the last time i witnessed it was when they had Gary Nelson playing for them up front. I bet half of the Brighton fans that were there on Sunday wouldn't know who Gary Nelson was....
There are some of us there who were watching Albion before Gary Nelson was born...and as he was a legend I think most Albion fans have heard of him...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funny what a win can do for you Major, I have said on many a post, You deserved the win on the day, last season we lost to Donny before going in the history books as being the 1st team to win away and claim 3 points at the Amex, when I saw the Barnsley result last week Tues I know we'd lose at the Amex:ffsparr::(

No, no u really REALLY didn't. Were nowhere nr the first team to win away at Amex. Never will be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I bet half of the Brighton fans that were there on Sunday wouldn't know who Gary Nelson was....
It was a while ago, so a fair number of our fans are too young. I expect most would know though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, no u really REALLY didn't. Were nowhere nr the first team to win away at Amex. Never will be.
He did kind of word it cleverly though - they were the first away team to win 3 points.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And it's Garry, rather than Gary.

Although, by the way, have never heard of him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He did kind of word it cleverly though - they were the first away team to win 3 points.

Ah yes I didn't notice that. If you have to be that precise and clever in the words u use its clearly not a big entrant into the 'history books' ..?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah yes I didn't notice that. If you have to be that precise and clever in the words u use its clearly not a big entrant into the 'history books' ..?
Indeed. It's the third claim I've seen them make this week, and the only one I haven't corrected. It means absolutely nothing in the history books, and it means nothing to any Albion fan (other than being a loss against Palace, which is always annoying). After losing, my worst fear was that they'd do the double over us, and I had that fear again this year. Fortunately they failed. Again.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
To be honest I think we all know that it was not the normal palace we saw or expected on Sunday but that is a credit to us, I keep hearing/reading comments suggesting palace didn't turn up but the fact is that they did turn up & looked up for it but were ground down & surprised then got more disheartened & frustrated as time went on.
I honestly think most palace fans actually believed that we were a shit team that they could just turn over with ease every time we met & you could sense the shock of both the palace team & supporters once they realised we were more than capable of beating any championship side on our day & are not the "nancy boy" push overs they had convinced themselves that we were.

Again we all know palace can & usually do play far better but I think palace fans should realise they are only kidding themselves with this belief that they are somehow this mighty force that are far superior to the "tinpot plastic queers" from brighton.

Fair play to the lads that have come on here though & have had the decency to admit that the better team on the day won, you would make far better / balanced presenters than those deluded snivelling fellas on that selhurst radio show.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I agree with a Palace fan on here who said that once Williams went off they looked a far worse side.
I thought he ran it for them until half time as was surprised he was taken off although I can understand why he done it to bring a front man in

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Please tell me where this history book is. You were the THIRD team to win at the Amex. Any more specific than that and no one gives a single shit. You desperately want it to be some badge of honour but it just isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here