Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handing my notice in Friday.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
To be fair, I don't think (m)any of us has agreed with nomoremithras4me.

He's right though: no-one really gives a toss about anyone. That's just telling it like it is. And that's the culture that is encouraged by our politicians, and by the system. We don't live in a caring society: it's compete, compete, compete. We're all at each others throats.

LE19

He's right though: no-one really gives a toss about anyone. That's just telling it like it is. And that's the culture that is encouraged by our politicians, and by the system. We don't live in a caring society: it's compete, compete, compete. We're all at each others throats.

Not according to the other NSC responses, which was my point. And not where I work, however much I hate it. We don't have to follow politicians in a race to the bottom.

Camicus

In the words of NSC, 'this'.

I have a business that currently provides employment to 13 great people. Whilst we took into account experience and qualifications, they were hired them primarily on their attitude. Because of questions surrounding their attitude that became apparent at the interview stage, many others with better experience or higher qualifications were not. Yes, there are obvious exceptions to this in the medical and aviation field where public safety is at risk, but for many businesses 'attitude determines altitude'.

Spot on skills can be taught attitude cant

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You sound just like the type of person that I would love to work for! When can I start :)

:) I'm touched. What's your line of work?

One more thing - I try and remind myself that people never work for me, they work for themselves. I have the pleasure of working with them.

It could seem like mere semantics, but employers would do well to remember that they don't own employees, they just hire them temporarily.

That said, it's great to foster a feeling of employee ownership and belonging within a company. We're only a small business, but we try and act like a family. And ultimately employers shouldn't perceive themselves at the top of the tree, but rather at the bottom supporting everyone else.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
:) I'm touched. What's your line of work?

One more thing - I try and remind myself that people never work for me, they work for themselves. I have the pleasure of working with them.

It could seem like mere semantics, but employers would do well to remember that they don't own employees, they just hire them temporarily.

That said, it's great to foster a feeling of employee ownership and belonging within a company. We're only a small business, but we try and act like a family. And ultimately employers shouldn't perceive themselves at the top of the tree, but rather at the bottom supporting everyone else.

I will pm you soon ;)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Update:
Boss wasn't in so couldn't hand it in to him! So I went and gave my letter to the General Manager. He was 'Disappointed' but appreciated it was a stressful job and if I wasn't happy then that's the way it is.

Saw my boss the following Monday and again he was disappointed but understood. Thanked me for giving it a go.

Only ones left to tell now are my team...not looking forward to that. Will wait untill the last shift.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Being a Team Leader, I can honestly say I've never given anyone any shit for handing their notice in. In truth, just left them to it.

Sorry to be ignorant, but what IS a Team Leader? Is it anything to do with the Scouts, or maybe an American firm, or a bank?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just be nice and dont burn your bridges. You never know when you may bump into them again at some point.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry to be ignorant, but what IS a Team Leader? Is it anything to do with the Scouts, or maybe an American firm, or a bank?

Basically, it is the first rung of management. You are the line manager for a team but probably are basically a dogs body for your line manager. You may have an input into pay rewards but probably not. You will also probably be responsible for undertaking performance appraisals of your team. Will vary from organisation to organisation and industry to industry.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

In the old days a Team Leader would have been called a Supervisor , an intermediary between the basic grades and first line management.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Basically, it is the first rung of management. You are the line manager for a team but probably are basically a dogs body for your line manager. You may have an input into pay rewards but probably not. You will also probably be responsible for undertaking performance appraisals of your team. Will vary from organisation to organisation and industry to industry.

In the old days a Team Leader would have been called a Supervisor , an intermediary between the basic grades and first line management.

It's what my company call Team Managers, as we provide leadership and coaching as well as management. Our supervisor equivalent are called Lead Reps.

Everybody is a dogsbody for the person above them up until the CEO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here