Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handing my notice in Friday.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Never resigned from a job before..usually made redundant or 'released' so this will be a first for me.

Have to give a month's notice as well so thing's are going to be a bit 'awkward' for a while.

But I really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really,hate this job i'm doing!!

So YAY!!!!!! for me.

Pointless thread but what the hell.....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Got a replacement lined up?

Eggmundo

Jul 8, 2003
Oh yes..came close to quitting without one just before Christmas but have hung on and had an offer yesterday!!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Oh yes..came close to quitting without one just before Christmas but have hung on and had an offer yesterday!!!!

If it's a done deal,go for it,i did and the company i left had a replacement lined up and let me go 2 weeks early,happy as larry i was and can't say i have looked back since.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Good luck mate, when one door closes another one opens.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Being a Team Leader, I can honestly say I've never given anyone any shit for handing their notice in. In truth, just left them to it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I did the same, handed my notice in at Christmas last year. Today I got a new job in Nairobi. Had I not handed in my notice I do not think it would have given me the kick up the arse and motivation to get the new job. As one door closes........

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
f*** the months notice, walk out on payday if you've got another job. Other than footy players to a fashion, contracts are not worth a wank. If you tell them you're leaving, they will find a way to dock you some pay, some course you went on 10 years ago etc. Obviously just my opinion!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
f*** the months notice, walk out on payday if you've got another job. Other than footy players to a fashion, contracts are not worth a wank. If you tell them you're leaving, they will find a way to dock you some pay, some course you went on 10 years ago etc. Obviously just my opinion!

Love it,btw it's NWAW for short

Eggmundo

Jul 8, 2003
I like your style! Unfortunately although I couldn't give a toss about the company, I do give a toss about my team so need to do it right.
I have loads of holiday left so i'll try to use some of that up (i.e next Saturday).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I like your style! Unfortunately although I couldn't give a toss about the company, I do give a toss about my team so need to do it right.
I have loads of holiday left so i'll try to use some of that up (i.e next Saturday).

Nobody would piss on you if you were on fire,you'll forget them within 30 minutes of being out of the place,blame the company.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Go off sick then & f*** the team. They will carry on without you, granted they may have to work harder, but your going so don't give a f***. Your 'mates/team' are not gonna pay your mortgage/rent/beer/drugs/season ticket/food/gas & whatever the f*** else you can think of. Give em all a hug, say your sorry or whatever and f***ing do 1. Trust me, plenty of experience if you hadn't sussed that already :) Joking aside, do you really think any of them give a flying f*** about you?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Go off sick then & f*** the team. They will carry on without you, granted they may have to work harder, but your going so don't give a f***. Your 'mates/team' are not gonna pay your mortgage/rent/beer/drugs/season ticket/food/gas & whatever the f*** else you can think of. Give em all a hug, say your sorry or whatever and f***ing do 1. Trust me, plenty of experience if you hadn't sussed that already :) Joking aside, do you really think any of them give a flying f*** about you?

one can live on the streets and get everything else,but season tickets are priceless,still i would not want to test the theory

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I once handed in my notice...told them I've had enough....but somehow the Admiralty would'nt let me go and said you will go to war......

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
one can live on the streets and get everything else,but season tickets are priceless,still i would not want to test the theory

The theory works and works very well, if you've got another job! If you haven't then your f***ed & have to put up with it, unless your a gambler and want to call their bluff. I've tried always, some you win, some you lose :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Life begin's on Friday-this is YOUR time,you have been pushed in the past etc..........now this is you time...good luck

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The theory works and works very well, if you've got another job! If you haven't then your f***ed & have to put up with it, unless your a gambler and want to call their bluff. I've tried always, some you win, some you lose :)

I got a £4k pa rise in a offer when i left my last job as they tried to keep me,still told them no,why could they have not given me it in the first place was my thoughts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here