Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton-Brown

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
BBC Text suggests that he is on his way out of Surrey and they are allowing him to talk to interested counties.

Sounds an ideal replacement gor Murray Goodwin and also captain material.

But what will Robinson do?

I would welcome him back but I do not see Sussex any near as much as others here do so wonder what the consenus is.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Off to Somerset apparently

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I suspect he could do with a season or two doing a basic all-rounders job, out of the limelight before being thought about as Captain. Classic case of being fast tracked to stardom and falling short, not entirely his fault, some unrealistic expectations at Surrey plus the Maynard tragedy. He could a steady job for us but would he want to come back - and would we want him back?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I suspect he could do with a season or two doing a basic all-rounders job, out of the limelight before being thought about as Captain. Classic case of being fast tracked to stardom and falling short, not entirely his fault, some unrealistic expectations at Surrey plus the Maynard tragedy. He could a steady job for us but would he want to come back - and would we want him back?

I would have to say the management would be pretty thick not to want him back judging by our batting displays over the last two seasons.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Am I the only one who thought Eastenders Queen Vic Fire?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
It's about time we had a BIG overseas batsman.

Well we do not want an Aussie as they are touring here next season, same with New Zealand. India do not normally let their players have a season in County Cricket. Chanderpaul would be an option, but Durham or Warwicks seem to be his destinations. Not sure about Pakistan and they do play series at odd times now. However a South African would be an option. They do not normally let their Captain play in County Cricket, so that is De Villiers and Smith out. Not sure we would want the other opener, so that leaves Amla. Make it happen!!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Well we do not want an Aussie as they are touring here next season, same with New Zealand. India do not normally let their players have a season in County Cricket. Chanderpaul would be an option, but Durham or Warwicks seem to be his destinations. Not sure about Pakistan and they do play series at odd times now. However a South African would be an option. They do not normally let their Captain play in County Cricket, so that is De Villiers and Smith out. Not sure we would want the other opener, so that leaves Amla. Make it happen!!!

He's my favourite, he has his head on upside down.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Our bowling attack is ok especially now we have the Goff (probably the best bit of business the management has done for a while) but dear God we need a class anchor man at 3 or 4. The only worry about a big overseas signing is them regularly disappearing on international duty. We need another Goodwin type who is done with playing Tests and isn't an IPL candidate who is content to do a steady job at County level. Of course they don't grow on trees and the top choices will be chased by other Counties. Just underlines what a gem Muzza turned out to be.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Nope.

He is with us next year. However his wife is British and she is out to have a baby and they are now staying in the UK, so he flips over to a UK player as he will not be playing State Cricket down under.

Ah, my mistake then! Much win in that deal then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here