Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Dec 29, 2011
I'm trying to avoid the whole thing because it's utterly depressing. As a civilian there is literally nothing we can do, protests is about as much as we can do and they're totally useless.

I've already hidden the other thread and I avoid the news at all costs. Perhaps ignorance isn't bliss but it's the best I can do for my mental health right now.

To think this genocide is being carried out by a group who were the focus of genocide about three generations ago is all the more baffling.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Shame on the UK for abstaining! My Grandpa was pretty much blown to pieces whilst serving in WW2 (protecting and freeing the Jews) and I know he would be rolling in his grave at recent events.

In my eyes he fought for and paid the ultimate price in a fight for fairness and democracy, but that isn't what we are witnessing at the moment.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
🙏

Attachments

• IMG_5245.jpeg
    IMG_5245.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 62

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The oppressed turns oppressor.
Shame on so called leaders of the “free world & champions of democracy“
This was always going to happen, with the weapons industry, campaign funds, votes in crucial elections to consider, and the guilt of WW2, America and the UK were never going to do more than “strongly object”
Pathetic.

IMG_0287.jpeg

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
The lies the major governments and media outlets are using as justification for their support of Israel disgusts me, as does the fact that our governments are, in my view legally complicit in this genocide. That people speaking out against this are being labeled as antisemitic is slanderous. I am anti-zionist, which cannot be conflated with antisemitism. The analogy I like to use is to imagine the IRA had done something similar to Hamas and the UK government had flattened Belfast in retaliation, followed by a policy of destroying any towns where the IRA operated from. Or liken it to spousal abuse where the abused spouse has finally hit back and the abuser beat them to death with a baseball bat, and the police say it was a justifiable response. Of course, the answer lies in why the Brits supported the zionists from the Balfour Declaration onward. They and the others want Israel to do their bidding and have their backs in the Middle East. The whole episode lays bare the disgusting nature of the economic system our societies are founded upon.

Last edited:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Sickening & depressing.
The US & UK love to meddle in overseas affairs and wars at arms length when it secures their weapons trades.
The disgusting love of money and immense wealth that will come to the select cowardly few (or many) as a result of of this escalation.
Not forgetting much the same situation in Ukraine who will be pleading for more weapons support.
And then some people wonder why we have refugees.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sickening & depressing.
The US & UK love to meddle in overseas affairs and wars at arms length when it secures their weapons trades.
The disgusting love of money and immense wealth that will come to the select cowardly few (or many) as a result of of this escalation.
Not forgetting much the same situation in Ukraine who will be pleading for more weapons support.
And then some people wonder why we have refugees.
yeah it's almost like a select few sit at the top of the tree pulling strings and reaping huge financial rewards whilst the man and woman in the street are left to deal with the consequences and yes we do wonder why we get refugees and we do wonder why there are billions of pounds worth of surveillance equipment mounted on poles and buildings all over the country .........it is a pretty sick world we are living in at the moment , don't get me started on covid , global warming and VAR ( which to my mind is a deliberate attempt to distract the masses from what's occurring , how can they get so much , so wrong , so often)?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
yeah it's almost like a select few sit at the top of the tree pulling strings and reaping huge financial rewards whilst the man and woman in the street are left to deal with the consequences and yes we do wonder why we get refugees and we do wonder why there are billions of pounds worth of surveillance equipment mounted on poles and buildings all over the country .........it is a pretty sick world we are living in at the moment , don't get me started on covid , global warming and VAR ( which to my mind is a deliberate attempt to distract the masses from what's occurring , how can they get so much , so wrong , so often)?
We are closer to the fictional hunger games than some may think.
The government waste our taxes on absolute shite like Rwanda and filling French pockets to do the square root of FA, yet happy to leave the poorest in the country well more destitute than they already are.
If I have to listen to that monotone plumed voiced Sunak for much longer I will crack up.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Jeremy Bowen is usually pretty insightful. In this BBC piece shown on the 10pm news a couple of nights back is an interview with Simcha Rothman (at 1:52) which is exceptionally chilling and has stuck with me since in a very unpleasant way. Yes this man is a right wing activist and Religious Zionist Party member, but whilst it has always been clear there were a minority of Isreali's who believe the whole land belongs to them, including Gaza and the West Bank (and nothing for Palestinians) it is clear this is not a minority view anymore given the attacks on Palestinians in the West Bank by armed and violent Isrealis which are now being unearthed and reported. Not only are we complicit in this war for not voting for a ceasefire, we are complicit in not calling out this activity outside the immediate "war zone". I put "war zone" in inverted commas as it appears the Isrealis don't believe Palestinians should be on any of this land and have launched an all out assault up and down the country. The UK are complicit if we stand by and do nothing. Doing nothing simply bolsters the agressor.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This whole thread is full of you shutting down any opinion that deviates from your own. That's very much your style of posting, and it's entirely by design. You have a habit of presenting opinion as fact and using biased sources to justify it.
This whole thread is full of me highlighting the appalling situation in Gaza, the policy of settlement expansion by the Netanyahu Government across the West Bank and the genocidal, extremist right wing policies pervading the Israel Government’s approach to the ‘Palestinian problem’ and the brutal political and social realities of life under illegal occupation for them. The humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza we are witnessing is directly caused by the disproportionate response by Israel to the Hamas attacks on top of years of blockades and for no other reason.

It maybe true that speaking out as I have done has probably been a waste of time as a few posters have said - it’s certainly not done me any favours.

But sadly, It is often the case that by the time the majority of opinion sees the truth of human rights abuses and genocide, it is often too late to save the populations concerned. When any nation of people under go destruction of all necessary infrastructure for a society to survive, blanket forced removal of people from their homes and widespread slaughter of innocent civilians - the objectives of genocide have already all but been achieved.

Last edited:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I think it worth also noting that the separate "This is Genocide" thread to which I replied has been merged / shut down.
I think this highlighted and brought to attention a slightly different topic of debate to the thread title here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This whole thread is full of me highlighting the appalling situation in Gaza, the policy of settlement expansion by the Netanyahu Government across the West Bank and the genocidal, extremist right wing policies pervading the Israel Government’s approach to the ‘Palestinian problem’ and the brutal political and social realities of life under illegal occupation for them. The humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza we are witnessing is directly caused by the disproportionate response by Israel to the Hamas attacks on top of years of blockades and for no other reason.

It maybe true that speaking out as I have done has probably been a waste of time as a few posters have said - it’s certainly not done me any favours.

But sadly, It is often the case that by the time the majority of opinion sees the truth of human rights abuses and genocide, it is often too late to save the populations concerned. When any nation of people under go destruction of all necessary infrastructure for a society to survive, blanket forced removal of people from their homes and widespread slaughter of innocent civilians - the objectives of genocide have already all but been achieved.

Keep speaking up. I suspect your comments are generally well received. The bit I have highlighted is unquestionably correct. The problem is that it is also unquestionably understandable, if it is the case that there is a prominent element in Palestinians, Lebanon, Iran and possibly Syria that see as the ends game, all the Jews in the sea.

What I don't know is how entrenched that Arab position is, and whether there is any scope for negotiation. And then of course the west bank is out of control, with illegal settlement and violation of the rule of law actively encouraged by Bibi.

And finally, the only thing that would have stopped Gaza being flattened is Hamas not having 'started it'.

ps, correct me if I am wrong but it seems there are no western governments saying to Bibi 'stop now, or else'. Certainly not our tiny wanka, or sleepy Joe. In which case we can do nothing other than sit ad watch :down:

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Had to tune out for a bit as seeing the massacres and war crimes being carried out takes a mental toll after a while (Imagine being subjected to it in person).

The unconditional backing of Israeli actions by the majority of our politicians is shameful. Another poster said they felt hopeless and I sympathise. I still think it's worth protesting - if nothing elses to be in the company of people who share the same humanity. Write to your MP and join and support financially
https://bdsmovement.net/

Even when this beyond horrendous period is "over" (the trauma will last forever for Gazans), the Palestinians left will still be occupied and oppressed. There will a new generation of traumatised children and teenagers who will want to (justifiably) resist their oppressors.

The key but seemingly insurmountable challenge is to get Israeli influence out of UK and US politics and reduce/eliminate financial support. Unconditional political and financial backing of Israel by the US especially prevents any hope of a long lasting peace for both groups.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here