[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He said he has never had an account on NSC . . . Just a slightly unusual approach to punctuation (leaving a space before and after the comma) shared by two or three posters over the years.
A style also favoured by Nick Wright on the Argus website apparently. Who would have thought there would be so many people making this mistake. They must all live by the sea or in a bushy.
How sad. Replying to himself!

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Channel 4's assessment of the hospital bombing.

Was just about to post this myself.

Full video report is here:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Even if the conversation is faked, it still doesn't mean it wasn't a Gaza-launched missile gone wrong, and that does feel like the most likely explanation currently.

A security expert type was being interviewed on 5Live around 4:30 yesterday afternoon, and a point he made repeatedly was "Neither side have any interest in the truth on this", ie being seen by the world to be on the right side of this incident is the most critical thing to be achieved.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Even if the conversation is faked, it still doesn't mean it wasn't a Gaza-launched missile gone wrong, and that does feel like the most likely explanation currently.

A security expert type was being interviewed on 5Live around 4:30 yesterday afternoon, and a point he made repeatedly was "Neither side have any interest in the truth on this", ie being seen by the world to be on the right side of this incident is the most critical thing to be achieved.
Indeed, but if someone is confident that you were not the perpetrator you would think that they would not go out of the way not to purposefully manufacture or utilise fake material. On the assumption it was fake - it seems an odd strategy although saying that Israel has plenty of previous in this regard.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I do enjoy these threads because tend to learn more about an important subject. From what I understand Israel say the war is only against Hamas. I heard an interview who I admit seemed anti Israel saying over the years many have been killed in the Westbank where there are no Hamas. To those more knowledgeable Is this true and why

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I do enjoy these threads because tend to learn more about an important subject. From what I understand Israel say the war is only against Hamas. I heard an interview who I admit seemed anti Israel saying over the years many have been killed in the Westbank where there are no Hamas. To those more knowledgeable Is this true and why
Sky News are reporting 60 killed in the West Bank in the last week, most of who were protesting outside IDF bases about the activities in Gaza.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Interesting mentality to label a number of people anti-Semitic in public
Interesting mentality to label a number of people anti-Semitic in public
If you look back over the thread he’s the one attacking people from the word go. He’s named all the people he’s had bust ups with and labelled them anti semitic strange behaviour to say the least.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
So still as clear as mud.
The video on the BBC website shows a missile exploding in mid-air, either from a missile interception or an engine failure, then falling to earth and exploding on the ground. The BBC has geolocated the ground explosion to the hospital carpark (or thereabouts). This very strongly indicates that it was a Hamas rocket and that the ground explosion was the unused fuel. This corresponds to the scene in the carpark.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Indeed, but if someone is confident that you were not the perpetrator you would think that they would not go out of the way not to purposefully manufacture or utilise fake material. On the assumption it was fake - it seems an odd strategy although saying that Israel has plenty of previous in this regard.
Well, I see it like this…

- Something bad has happened.
- The enemy has sprinted off the line in the publicity race
- Media right around the world are leading that we’ve bombed a hospital and killed hundreds

In the scenario you’re chasing the game and would likely look for a multi-pronged approach to try and turn things round.

Maybe, just maybe, in the scenario you would consider a bit of fabrication as worthwhile to ensure the ultimate truth, ie where the missile came from, is the story that gets told.

I know absolutely nothing about information during warfare, but I guess I could see how it could happen.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
If you look back over the thread he’s the one attacking people from the word go. He’s named all the people he’s had bust ups with and labelled them anti semitic strange behaviour to say the least.
This is an unfortunate and reprehensible tactic - unfortunately used spuriously but effectively against many left leaning Labour members over the last few years

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
The video on the BBC website shows a missile exploding in mid-air, either from a missile interception or an engine failure, then falling to earth and exploding on the ground. The abBC has geolocated the ground explosion to the hospital carpark (or thereabouts). This very strongly indicates that it was a Hamas rocket and that the ground explosion was the unused fuel. This corresponds to the scene in the carpark.
That is what I got out of the BBC analysis as well. Channel 4 seems to be muddying the water more. Guess we will never really know the truth.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sky News are reporting 60 killed in the West Bank in the last week, most of who were protesting outside IDF bases about the activities in Gaza.
Protesting? Or throwing rocks and petrol bombs? You can do an awful lot of damage with those. And many of the IDF will be seriously spooked teenage conscripts with minimal training. Not saying it's right at all, just saying the response is maybe understandable

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

How can this be justified by when Israel say they are only after destroying Hamas and no Hamas in West Bank
Fatah controls the West Bank, from a Palestinian standpoint, but Hamas does have a presence there.
The deaths usually occur when demonstrators throw rocks and petrol bombs.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports