[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It’s times like this that knowing who to trust on Twitter would be extremely handy, unfortunately the new owner has deliberately chosen to make that hard, which in turn allows disinformation to flourish. Just about every piece of “evidence” provided on this incident has as many people claiming it’s genuine as claiming it’s a hoax.
Here's all the evidence you need, absolutely clear cut, straight from the horses mouth and published by Israel.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Here's all the evidence you need, absolutely clear cut, straight from the horses mouth and published by Israel.

but who‘s to say that’s not faked? I’m not saying it is or isn’t.

No misinformation ever used in wartime (terror time call it what you will)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
but who‘s to say that’s not faked? I’m not saying it is or isn’t.

No misinformation ever used in wartime (terror time call it what you will)
You reckon a call between two Hamas operatives clearly and calmly explain what happened and where, in detail repeating themselves, such that no uncertainty is required to the conclusion, that is luckily overheard by Israel (bearing in mind they didn't hear anything about the initial attack), might be fake?!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

There is also bits on Twitter claiming proof that Hamas destroyed the hospital, others are saying it's an old video from 2022.

Also a screen shot from a apparent now deleted tweet from an Israeli journo claiming Isreal did it

I thought Rishi (backed well by SKS) handled it well earlier by not jumping to conclusions and are still investigating it.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
You reckon a call between two Hamas operatives clearly and calmly explain what happened and where, in detail repeating themselves, such that no uncertainty is required to the conclusion, that is luckily overheard by Israel (bearing in mind they didn't hear anything about the initial attack), might be fake?!
I didn’t say that, I said it may or may not be faked.
Tell me though as you seemed to jump on my post, what do you believe and why?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Looking at the evidence Israel may of targeted the car park knowing about the fuel dumps. Easy to then say we didn’t target the actual hospital fully aware of the damage it would cause. The idea a dodgy rocket fell out of the sky into the car park blowing the fuel up is rather far fetched.
The Israeli’s seemed way too quick to bring up the fuel in the car park.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It’s times like this that knowing who to trust on Twitter would be extremely handy, unfortunately the new owner has deliberately chosen to make that hard, which in turn allows disinformation to flourish. Just about every piece of “evidence” provided on this incident has as many people claiming it’s genuine as claiming it’s a hoax.
all we can do is weigh up the source of information, judge if they are being taken in by false narratives or likely to have neutral sources themselves. if they are overtly bias to one side, they are probably echoing fake information that supports their view. seen many posts and evidence either way on this incident, all very convincing on their own. the problem with Twitter is we the public get hold of these multiple versions of news directly, usually from sources we "trust" as we follow them for some reasons. in this conflict i wouldnt believe either side.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Latest news from Israel.

Attachments

• IMG_6208.png
    IMG_6208.png
    319.6 KB · Views: 93

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Which is fine but the bit in bold rather suggests it's not necessarily something we can take at face value. This is the problem, it's the independent voices who are the ones who will likely provide the correct (or as close as we can be to the correct) interpretation of what actually happened. I personally don't trust the Israelis any more than I would trust Hamas on this matter.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I didn’t say that, I said it may or may not be faked.
Tell me though as you seemed to jump on my post, what do you believe and why?
Sorry, I was being facetious (probably inappropriate).

That 'evidence' published by Israel tends to make me think it is Israel who is responsible. It's far too convenient and clear cut IMO and doesn't ring true. After all, we know that Hamas use hospitals to base themselves and Israel have said they are going to destroy Hamas.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking at the evidence Israel may of targeted the car park knowing about the fuel dumps. Easy to then say we didn’t target the actual hospital fully aware of the damage it would cause. The idea a dodgy rocket fell out of the sky into the car park blowing the fuel up is rather far fetched.
The Israeli’s seemed way too quick to bring up the fuel in the car park.
Why is the idea of say a malfunctioning rocket falling from the sky far fetched? 🤔

Or have I misunderstood your point

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
There's a great organisation called Bellingcat which uses IT/AI and other tools to try to verify all kinds of events around the world. I first came across their work when they were highlighting serious breaches of international law by Greek, Turkish and EU border forces in the eastern Aegean. There's an interesting article on their website now, looking at misinformation in the current Israeli/Palestinian tragedy:

Sorry to go slightly off-topic, but the We Are Bellingcat book is a great read.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why is the idea of say a malfunctioning rocket falling from the sky far fetched? 🤔
I’m not sure anyone is saying that - I know I’m certainly not.

I believe any of these scenarios are possible and plausible:

- Intentional Israeli strike targeting a Hamas hideout or weapons store.
- Accidental Israeli strike that missed another target.
- Failed launch of a missile from within Gaza.

I guess there's even a fourth scenario, that Hamas or a similar terrorist faction did this intentionally in order to garner sympathy and support.

What I struggle to believe is anything that either Hamas or the IDF say on this matter. They are both organisations with long histories of using misinformation to help their own causes, and both have much to gain by getting people to believe their version of the truth.

It also seems slightly strange that, for all the sophistication of their security services, Israel seemed to have no prior knowledge of the Hamas attack on the 7th October, the most deadly assault inflicted on Jewish people since the Holocaust, yet managed to capture this telephone (presumably?) conversation so perfectly.

TL;DR - a malfunctioning rocket (fired from inside Gaza) is not far-fetched at all. I'm just keen to hear that from someone who doesn't have a vested interest in the narrative.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not far fetched, just unlikely considering all the misinformation flying around as well.
It also seems slightly strange that, for all the sophistication of their security services, Israel seemed to have no prior knowledge of the Hamas attack on the 7th October, the most deadly assault inflicted on Jewish people since the Holocaust, yet managed to capture this telephone (presumably?) conversation so perfectly.

Egypt warned Israel days before Hamas struck, US committee chairman says​

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’m not sure anyone is saying that - I know I’m certainly not.

I believe any of these scenarios are possible and plausible:

- Intentional Israeli strike targeting a Hamas hideout or weapons store.
- Accidental Israeli strike that missed another target.
- Failed launch of a missile from within Gaza.

I guess there's even a fourth scenario, that Hamas or a similar terrorist faction did this intentionally in order to garner sympathy and support.

What I struggle to believe is anything that either Hamas or the IDF say on this matter. They are both organisations with long histories of using misinformation to help their own causes, and both have much to gain by getting people to believe their version of the truth.

TL;DR - a malfunctioning rocket (fired from inside Gaza) is not far-fetched at all. I'm just keen to hear that from someone who doesn't have a vested interest in the narrative.
The telephone conversation spoken without the slightest excitement in either voice, neither panic or surprise sounded more like two people discussing the location of a cafe where they're going to meet later for a coffee. Sounds slightly (understated) dodgy to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports