Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

borat

Jul 16, 2003
its an Israeli news channel so my comment remains for now.

Aside from whether its true or not posting gratuitous imagery on the thread is pointless.

I could post 100s of horrific images and videos of Palestinian children and babies decapitated and dismembered by the IDF but its not going to contribute much to the discussion.

I'm glad you won't, but where did you learn that the IDF has decapitated babies?

Has this been verified?
Since 2000 over 2000 children have been killed by the IDF and Israeli settlers.

Im not be a weapons expert but bombs do decapitate kids and babies.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

As horrific as this whole situation is, you cant show that the IDF have specifically decapitated babies as you stated.

You are disgusting...end of.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Assume you're not suggesting any other reason?
Well apart from the broken leg, he is obviously an Arab-Israeli. I'm far from an expert on such matters, but a few minutes research seems to confirm my understanding that conscription to the IDF is limited to the Jewish-Israeli population, and whilst Arab-Israelis are welcome to volunteer, such instances are uncommon.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

But decapitated babies is a very specific claim.

Now you're suggesting you're not an expert but it must have happened.

You're spreading misleading information on the internet. I think you've been deliberately imprecise in the hope of getting others to believe it.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Conflicting reports of whether the border crossing with Egypt is open again. It was closed yesterday after Israel told people to leave Gaza and then bombed the crossing :shrug:

https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...ai-border-crossing-gaza-officials-2023-10-10/
Jeez - I missed that.

With rocket exchanges now between Lebanon and Israel https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...adliest-border-clashes-since-2006-2023-10-10/

and skirmishes between Hezbollah and Israel on the Lebanese border for the past few days …

With Hezbollah bombing Israeli positions in the occupied Golan Heights in Syrian Territory in ‘solidarity’

It’s pretty clear we are a knife edge away from a major escalation without being overly dramatic

After 9/11 - (and I think these current events have the same global significance), Bush was urged to exercise restraint by the International community- in fact he didnt tell the Americans to prepare for war until 5 days after the Attack when the rhetoric finally moved from grief to a bellicose announcement of the War on Terror - it took Netanyahu 16 hours to get to that point and with the exception of Russia, very little from the International community urging restraint or a proportionate, measured response from him….hours after the attack which he himself referred to as ’Israel’s 9/11‘, Israel reigned rockets down on Gaza with the promise of a retaliation that will ’reverberate for generations’ - or if you rather (depending on your view point) a retaliation that radicalises a new generation of children and their children’s children …

it’s clear (and unsurprising) the situation could quickly escalate to a point of no return where it will be difficult for Israel to avoid a protracted and bloody war with her immediate neighbours….that will come at a severe cost to both human lives and the infrastructure that supports them in addition to the natural environment…

We’ve been here before with Middle Eastern conflicts, especially involving Israel but the difference now is that the rhetoric from Israel and the West is more hawkish and the West is basically short of weapons as a result of the War in Ukraine so will want to avoid a direct confrontation with Syria, Lebanon and Iran or be involved in another protracted proxy war with Russia/Iran or her allies.

Both Israel and Hamas have initiated what for them is an endgame conflict, I think at this stage, it will take the full concerted force of the international community to broker a ceasefire …

The phrase ‘humanitarian crisis’ has become so prevalent and worn out with use in today’s global affairs mired in so much widespread bloody conflict, I just don’t know if it really means anything anymore…🙁

Other than it’s probably now 89 seconds to midnight

Last edited:

borat

Jul 16, 2003
But decapitated babies is a very specific claim.

Now you're suggesting you're not an expert but it must have happened.

You're spreading misleading information on the internet. I think you've been deliberately imprecise in the hope of getting others to believe it.
I'm not really sure what to tell you, if you think that bombs landing on kids / babies will not remove their body from their head.

If that classes as misinformation I think that the term has changed meaning.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
As horrific as this whole situation is, you cant show that the IDF have specifically decapitated babies as you stated.

You are disgusting...end of.
Again.... bombs decapitate people. Maybe refer the disgust back to yourself for your sub normal comprehension/IQ levels.

91 children killed yesterday alone....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Again.... bombs decapitate people. Maybe refer the disgust back to yourself for your sub normal comprehension/IQ levels.

Again - back off and back down.

You are arguing semantics.

I think it's fair to say that when most people read of "decapitation" they interpret that as intentional and deliberate cutting off of a head with a bladed instrument. You didn't. You were misinterpreted. Let it go.

If you carry on you'll be removed from this thread and/or the site completely.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Again - back off and back down.

You are arguing semantics.

I think it's fair to say that when most people read of "decapitation" they interpret that as intentional and deliberate cutting off of a head with a bladed instrument. You didn't. You were misinterpreted. Let it go.

If you carry on you'll be removed from this thread and/or the site completely.
Thanks Bozza I didn't mention it in regard to my uncle but his body wasn't intact, it doesn't help.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Well apart from the broken leg, he is obviously an Arab-Israeli. I'm far from an expert on such matters, but a few minutes research seems to confirm my understanding that conscription to the IDF is limited to the Jewish-Israeli population, and whilst Arab-Israelis are welcome to volunteer, such instances are uncommon.
There are many Arabs in the IDF. Arabs who live & work in Israel (as opposed to Gaza) are pretty well integrated. Judges, teachers & politicians too

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

You know. I think it's ok to be furious with the actions of the Israeli government over the last years.

But at the moment, with passions running high, the words used and the accuracy of the claims made matter

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There are many Arabs in the IDF. Arabs who live & work in Israel (as opposed to Gaza) are pretty well integrated. Judges, teachers & politicians too

20% of Israeli citizens are Arab. But of that 20% only about 1% of them serve in the IDF.

There are obviously many definitions of the word 'many' some of which could be interpreted as 'misinformation' ???

Last edited:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Source: Wikipedia Article "Children in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict"
According to B'tselem's calculations (2021), some 2,171 Palestinian children have been killed in the last two decades by Israeli military actions, and 139 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinian militants.

Who are B'Tselem? According to Wikipedia...
B'Tselem is a Jerusalem-based non-profit organization whose stated goals are to document human rights violations in the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories, combat any denial of the existence of such violations, and help to create a human rights culture in Israel.

This isn't a reason to "support" a side, this is to show that the sheer number of dead children in Israel and Palestine is shocking with over 2,300 killed between 2000-2021 and there have been many other kids who have since died in what is a horrific conflict.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

You more than assumed and stated that Israelis has personally beheaded Palestine babies. The latest news would indicate that not for the first time, you are talking through your arse about an incredibly upsetting situation.

I'm sorry to say it , but you are nothing more than an apologist piece of vermin for these particular Palestinian savages

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You more than assumed and stated that Israelis has personally beheaded Palestine babies. The latest news would indicate that not for the first time, you are talking through your arse about an incredibly upsetting situation.

I'm sorry to say it , but you are nothing more than an apologist piece of vermin.
This is your last warning too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It may be for a while, but there's a lot to play out internally in Israel too, IMO. We've seen from that post from Hemed10 what the Jewish far right and hardcore settlers think. But they don't represent a majority view, they're merely propping up Netanyahu in a coalition government. There is another side to Israelis, liberal, open minded, even secular, certainly folk who believe in democracy and just want to work hard, do business and have fun in their down time. Family people. This describes many of the people I know in Tel Aviv.

Pressure will be coming from all sides. From families who want their hostages back - this always happens. From those opposed to the government, who defended the courts with protests or who see a responsibility for the escalation coming as much from their own government as Hamas.

Many make the mistake that all government policy is supported, that 'Israel' is homogenous. It most certainly isn't. Watching the reaction from ordinary Jews will be informative.
Yep. I've been there twice. Tremendous city.

My host, a Mossad reservist, (so not an obvious wet liberal) pointed out to me, when we drove around a suburb of Jerusalem, a conspicuous group who he regards as the biggest problem in Israel - and it wasn't Palestinians.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't see why the removal of Hamas necessarily means genocide. The removal of the Nazi party in Germany did not mean genocide, and we have been repeatedly and accurately told that Hamas and Palestine are not the same thing.

Israel does not have the ability to prevent further deaths, just as the UK did not have the ability to prevent further deaths in WW2. We could have possibly become neutral and unconquered, but that would not stop the deaths because Hitler would not have ceased killing. And unfortunately by fighting on, German civilians did die because there was no practical way for the UK to fight the war without collateral deaths.

The same questions arise now as they did then, with coincidentally a government that holds the same views of Jews and homosexuals as it did then, and the same end results of dealing with them. Should Hamas (or Hitler) be forcibly removed from power? How much collateral damage to civilians (eg. Gaza City, Hamburg) is acceptable? There can't be a definitive answer, or if there is it's beyond me.

PS - beheaded babies - https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/h...beheadings-says-report-2fdcCmtBjFvAcCCf5MDwKU
It does when it means 'kill them all'.

And I'd like to see a mainstream report of the atrocities. The link you sent could be to an equivalent of GB news for all I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here