Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Since 2000 over 2000 children have been killed by the IDF and Israeli settlers.

Im not be a weapons expert but bombs do decapitate kids and babies.
Rather different from slicing off the head with a blade.

I was once stopped by the old bill for going through an amber light.

The copper insisted that an amber means 'stop' and is therefore no different from a red.
So he accused me of driving through a red light.

You do understand the concept of reasoning and logic, don't you?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The copper insisted that an amber means 'stop' and is therefore no different from a red.

I'm surprised at the lack of your ignore list recently Harry.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Yep. I've been there twice. Tremendous city.

My host, a Mossad reservist, (so not an obvious wet liberal) pointed out to me, when we drove around a suburb of Jerusalem, a conspicuous group who he regards as the biggest problem in Israel - and it wasn't Palestinians.....
Exactly my experience. My host was a Dutch (non-Jew) guy who was on a Kibbutz in the early 80s (like me) but met a girl. He never left and now has 2 (army-age) daughters and 40 years in Israel. He hated the government and their pandering to the right wingers and, especially, the orthodoxy.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm finding this thread both informative and emotional, as I'm sure many others are too. I'm glad it's being moderated, too, as after horrific events that have (and are) taking place, there's no need for division and accusations/counter-accusations on here.
Things are depressing enough, and what hope do those people on both sides possibly have for a peaceful (of sorts) resolution, when it can't even be managed on a BHA forum?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If it was the same interview as what I heard it was a hard listen. Determined for revenge at all cost, basically stating it didn’t matter if innocent civilians were killed in this revenge by a state army. As you said proposing genocide of the Palestinians.
Yep. Almost gleeful. Like the xenophobic nobs here who celebrate every crime committed by an immigrant (vide 'Das Reich'). They wallow in it, treating it as grist to their mill. Sickening.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm finding this thread both informative and emotional, as I'm sure many others are too. I'm glad it's being moderated, too, as after horrific events that have (and are) taking place, there's no need for division and accusations/counter-accusations on here.
Things are depressing enough, and what hope do those people on both sides possibly have for a peaceful (of sorts) resolution, when it can't even be managed on a BHA forum?
Yeh it’s so weird. Humans being murdered, kids etc etc - the worst of humanity and still people point score. Don’t give a f*** what your race, sex, religion etc etc is right now - just stop f***ing killing people you ****s a it’s 2023 for fucks sake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm surprised at the lack of your ignore list recently Harry.
Borat is, on certain topics, a fool rather than a wum. Rather like Live by the sea, albeit we are on the same page on this (and many other) occasion(s). And rather like me on occasions to be fair. Neither grind my personal gears. Neither have mocked me or my views. And when it comes to the middle east I can understand how upset people can become (from both sides of the barbed wire fence).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone who thinks there is a simple solution to this obviously has no understanding of the situation whatsoever :dunce:

But anybody (and there's been a few) who comes on this thread and tries to justify what Hamas or Netanyahu are doing, is condoning the murder of children. And whichever way you look at it and no matter how vindictive, and how angry your posts get, that is a simple fact even though you're too stupid to see it :mad:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Quite concerning that Suella is considering making displaying the Palestinian flag illegal in this country. It’s not the flag of Hamas, it’s the flag of a nation. Of course it is not acceptable to use it to intimidate others, but this is a poor decision by her.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Quite concerning that Suella is considering making displaying the Palestinian flag illegal in this country. It’s not the flag of Hamas, it’s the flag of a nation. Of course it is not acceptable to use it to intimidate others, but this is another poor decision by her.
Hope you don't mind, but it's true, nonetheless. I can't see how anything that she has to say on the matter can be taken seriously.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite concerning that Suella is considering making displaying the Palestinian flag illegal in this country. It’s not the flag of Hamas, it’s the flag of a nation. Of course it is not acceptable to use it to intimidate others, but this is a poor decision by her.
Well, she is what my ex boss, who I visited last week, would call a "f***ing IDIOT".

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Given she's a moron, desperately trying to hang on to power I'm not surprised. I have some great stories about her, particularly as a junior Brexit Minister, but it will have to wait until my (posthumous) memoirs :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Given she's a moron, desperately trying to hang on to power I'm not surprised. I have some great stories about her, particularly as a junior Brexit Minister, but it will have to wait until my (posthumous) memoirs :wink:
" Publish and be damned ! " ....but, if you could pm me one or two of the tales I would be very grateful !

borat

Jul 16, 2003

Bozza said not to continue on this topic so I dont have right of reply to your wordplay.

I note that you called me a fool because of some of my positions don't align with yours, so hope you are held to the same standard by the mods.

Will leave it at these statements which I strongly believe to be true.

1) Israel is an apartheid state - not my words but according to 3 large human rights groups.
2) Israel murders Palestinians on a frequent basis, removes them from their homes and land and controls their water and other supplies (Gaza)
3) Israel has a far right extremist government that it getting more extreme.
4) The power imbalance between Israelis and Palestine is massive - arms, weapons, intelligence, funding.
5) Hamas is an extremist organisation
6) Palestinians have the right to not only defend themselves and also go on the offensive to gain their freedom (Wont succeed)
7) Israeli citizens have the right to safety and security
8) The Israeli government has no interest in a shared existence and the status quo where they retain control suits them
9) Western media and the UK/US government is heavily biased towards Israel - that has always been the case and is very evident at the moment.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep. I've been there twice. Tremendous city.

My host, a Mossad reservist, (so not an obvious wet liberal) pointed out to me, when we drove around a suburb of Jerusalem, a conspicuous group who he regards as the biggest problem in Israel - and it wasn't Palestinians.....
Funnily enough I know exactly who he meant…

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Having been to Israel around 10 years ago with Mrs Jakarta for a religious tour it would be interesting to know how many other NSCers have been out there?

All I can say is then when we were out there they clearly thought they were at war with their 'neighbours' and acted accordingly.

For example F16's overhead every 30 minutes, teenage girls in army gear with sub machine guns etc.

Local arabs lobbing rocks at us when we going down to the Wailing Wall didn't make me more sympathetic to their cause I have to say.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I know nothing but if a weaker country killed 600 of our people I would expect us to retaliate by bombing milatary targets straight away. Once that is done Israel for F sake stop and talk.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
" Publish and be damned ! " ....but, if you could pm me one or two of the tales I would be very grateful !

The only tale I am willing to tell, as it doesn't identify any individual (and I've probably told it before)

Dinner with family and friends

Friend 1 : You work with all these people in the cabinet, are they all complete narcissists ?
Friend 2: No, I think Cleverly is ok
F1 : What, he actually believes what he says ?
F2 : Good god no.
F1 : Is there anyone there who actually believes what they say
F2 : Long pause ............................ .................................. It may surprise you, but I think Steve Baker actually believes what he says
F1 : Really ?
F2 : Yeah, Bat Shit crazy though

:wink:

Sorry, back to topic

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
"Gaza's children reveal their hopes and fears - in pictures" published by The Guardian in 2012

"The children of al-Zarqa, one of the Gaza Strip's poorest areas, have been affected by a conflict outside their control. Drawings made by primary school children from the area, which was damaged during a three-week military assault in 2009. It highlights a collective yearning for a clean, safe neighbourhood."

In 2012, the children of Palestine wished for a peaceful, happier future but this is far from the case with some of the young artists featured likely dead.
I think sometimes it is hard to comprehend the death tolls, and I find it fascinating to find pieces of media which focus on the people of Palestine and Israel, so that it why I've decided to share this article - I will also share some stories learning about the children of Israel if requested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here