Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

borat

Jul 16, 2003

The barbarity of the Israeli army in full view following withdrawal from Al Shifa hospital. Any politician that backed/supported Israel should live in shame until the day they pass.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Reports are that Netanyahu is becoming increasingly beleaguered and is living on borrowed time:

- 10s of thousands of Israelis took to the streets to protest over the weekend: against his conduct of the war; his corruption charges; against the extreme Religious zealots propping up his leadership; security failures and the increasing risk to Isreal in destabilising the ME; failure to negotiate a ceasefire to get the hostages released and his centralising reforms that were on the agenda before the war started - Israelis want him out. They want that to happen sooner rather later.

The Israeli people now may be the only route to reach a peaceful settlement and end the war - by doing what no UN Security Council or International Court or the US can do, remove Netanyahu from power.

“Mr Netanyahu has been a consistent opponent of a Palestinian state. He has contemptuously dismissed the US strategy of backing for Palestinian independence as part of a "grand bargain" to remake the Middle East.
His critics here say his strident rejection of President Joe Biden's plans for governance in Gaza after the war is a tool to secure the continued support of Israel's extreme right wing. One of the protesters outside the Knesset was David Agmon, a retired Brigadier General in the Israeli army. He ran the prime minister's office when Mr Netanyahu was first elected.
"It's the biggest crisis ever since 1948. I'll tell you something else. I was the first chief of staff for Netanyahu in 1996, so I know him, and after three months I decided to leave. Because I realised who he is - a danger to Israel.”

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Try posting a source that exists to promote anything other than Jew hate
Wow! Jew hate used on social media. Hard to understand your agenda.

Screenshot_20240401-195210~2.png

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The $billions of weapons Biden has sent to Netanyahu's slaughter is huge. His support is dropping enough amongst unions for him to lose the upcoming close election. Strange choice of such huge support?

Today Joe very upset Israel kicking out Al Jazeera as a free press is tantamount. C##£.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
BBC ok for you ? Or does the BBC hate Jews too ? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68705765

You really need to understand that it's Israel that the world hates not Jews. If Israel stopped commiting war crimes, genocide and murder on innocent civilians then there would be no reason to hate Israel.
I agree that reporting on the war in Gaza/the humanitarian tragedy is not anti-Semitic ( the MEE is actually a Qatari funded media outlet so yes, it is not likely to be impartial but I see no reason to disbelieve it’s content which as you say has been backed by MSM) but I think it is really important to distinguish between ‘Israel’ the Country and the right wing Government of Israel when talking about what the world ‘hates’.

This may seem like semantics but I think it is prudent in the current climate to stress that the World’ does not hate ‘Israel‘ per se but rather most countries are increasingly antithetical to Netanyahu’s Government and it’s response to the massacre as well as the far right wing policies of settlement expansion and refusal to recognise the rights of Palestinians to be free of the Occupation. There are Palestinians, other Arabs as well as Jews and Christians living in Israel, many of whom don’t support Netanyahu’s theocratic reforms, nor his war in Gaza. I have Jewish relatives, friends and Christian associates in Israel (as well as in the States) - they know full well how it is Netanyahu that is destroying any credibility and reputation Israel might have in the international stage but this is not the State of Israel itself. Israel is more than it’s Government.

Admittedly, there is deep prejudice rooted in Israeli society against Palestinians as there is against Israelis by many Palestinians living in the Occupied territories and most Israelis are only primarily against Netanyahu’s conduct of the war because it has failed to secure release for the hostages rather than for concern about Gazans but they also are increasingly seeing how Netanyahu is making Israeli’s security in the ME very precarious. None more so since 7/10. There is also deep rooted prejudice by many Jews towards Arabs amongst the population of Jews outside Israel too, a minority of whom really believe they have a God-given right to the whole lands of Palestine. However, one doesn’t forget 75 years of suicide bombings, rocket attacks and constant stone throwing. One doesn’t forget one of the darkest blots on European history that forced the repatriation of thousands of Jews to Palestine. Overcoming these cultural prejudices and holocaust memories that still cling to the Jewish psyche like the smell of fear will take decades, maybe even generations now if at all.

The prejudice against Jews in the Sunni Arab populations of Gaza and the West Bank also run deep - but this also unsurprising after 75 years of border conflicts since Israel, unilaterally declared herself a State back in 1948 then invaded and occupied the rest of Palestinian territory in 1967 after the 6 Day War. Subsequent blockades and apartheid policies followed resulting in years of humanitarian hardship and oppression with punishment beatings and missile attacks if any Palestinian dared protest. Because of this, even if Netanyahu is deposed, reconciliation and a peace process will be very difficult indeed following the massacre by Hamas and the response to it by his regime. However, it won’t be helped by throwing the baby out with the bath water - I think it is important to condemn, even hate the current regime in Israel but not Isreal itself - it is a beautiful Country with some truly amazing people.

(Sorry for another long post ! 🤗)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I agree that reporting on the war in Gaza/the humanitarian tragedy is not anti-Semitic ( the MEE is actually a Qatari funded media outlet so yes, it is not likely to be impartial but I see no reason to disbelieve it’s content which as you say has been backed by MSM) but I think it is really important to distinguish between ‘Israel’ the Country and the right wing Government of Israel when talking about what the world ‘hates’.

This may seem like semantics but I think it is prudent in the current climate to stress that the World’ does not hate ‘Israel‘ per se but rather most countries are increasingly antithetical to Netanyahu’s Government and it’s response to the massacre as well as the far right wing policies of settlement expansion and refusal to recognise the rights of Palestinians to be free of the Occupation. There are Palestinians, other Arabs as well as Jews and Christians living in Israel, many of whom don’t support Netanyahu’s theocratic reforms, nor his war in Gaza. I have Jewish relatives, friends and Christian associates in Israel (as well as in the States) - they know full well how it is Netanyahu that is destroying any credibility and reputation Israel might have in the international stage but this is not the State of Israel itself. Israel is more than it’s Government.

Admittedly, there is deep prejudice rooted in Israeli society against Palestinians as there is against Israelis by many Palestinians living in the Occupied territories and most Israelis are only primarily against Netanyahu’s conduct of the war because it has failed to secure release for the hostages rather than for concern about Gazans but they also are increasingly seeing how Netanyahu is making Israeli’s security in the ME very precarious. None more so since 7/10. There is also deep rooted prejudice by many Jews towards Arabs amongst the population of Jews outside Israel too, a minority of whom really believe they have a God-given right to the whole lands of Palestine. However, one doesn’t forget 75 years of suicide bombings, rocket attacks and constant stone throwing. One doesn’t forget one of the darkest blots on European history that forced the repatriation of thousands of Jews to Palestine. Overcoming these cultural prejudices and holocaust memories that still cling to the Jewish psyche like the smell of fear will take decades, maybe even generations now if at all.

The prejudice against Jews in the Sunni Arab populations of Gaza and the West Bank also run deep - but this also unsurprising after 75 years of border conflicts since Israel, unilaterally declared herself a State back in 1948 then invaded and occupied the rest of Palestinian territory in 1967 after the 6 Day War. Subsequent blockades and apartheid policies followed resulting in years of humanitarian hardship and oppression with punishment beatings and missile attacks if any Palestinian dared protest. Because of this, even if Netanyahu is deposed, reconciliation and a peace process will be very difficult indeed following the massacre by Hamas and the response to it by his regime. However, it won’t be helped by throwing the baby out with the bath water - I think it is important to condemn, even hate the current regime in Israel but not Isreal itself - it is a beautiful Country with some truly amazing people.

(Sorry for another long post ! 🤗)
Fair point, well made. Change my 'Israel' comment to 'Israeli government and the IDF' and it's more accurate.

PS - are you Paul Barber ? 😉

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
And now the extreme right wing dictatorship ie the Israeli State is arresting the relatives of the Hamas hostages for protesting that Israel is continuing to persecute its war ie indiscriminate slaughter of Palestinians rather than negotiate a ceasefire to facilitate the release of those hostages.

Hopefully, someone with a gun (I care not whether Israeli or Palestinian), will take out Netanyahu quicksticks and put a stop to this nightmare.

It won't matter if Netanyahu gets replaced.... even if replaced by a peace loving left leaning pacifist who grants all the wishes of the Palestinian movement,.... Hamas and/or similar will still regroup and start once again to build tunnels, import arms, fire missiles indiscriminately into random Israeli suburbs, blow themselves up on buses, knife police or security personnel on the streets..... and who will suffer most?.... those ordinary Palestinians who just want to peacefully coexist.... although, I expect that to be the minority....most Muslim folk want Jews eliminated.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This is the response we should be getting from Sunak after a Brit was killed in the same tradegy:

Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has confirmed that aid worker Lalzawmi "Zomi" Frankcom was among those killed and has offered his condolences to family and friends.
In a statement, he said: "This is someone who was volunteering overseas to provide aid through this charity for people who are suffering tremendous deprivation in Gaza. And this is just completely unacceptable."
He said Australia expected "full accountability", adding that it was a "tragedy that should never have occurred". BBC

Nothing so far from the coward.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It won't matter if Netanyahu gets replaced.... even if replaced by a peace loving left leaning pacifist who grants all the wishes of the Palestinian movement,.... Hamas and/or similar will still regroup and start once again to build tunnels, import arms, fire missiles indiscriminately into random Israeli suburbs, blow themselves up on buses, knife police or security personnel on the streets..... and who will suffer most?.... those ordinary Palestinians who just want to peacefully coexist.... although, I expect that to be the minority....most Muslim folk want Jews eliminated.
The only people doing any ‘eliminating’ at the moment is Israel’s government/the IDF from what I can see. But yes, maybe you are right in your implications and genocide of ‘most Muslim folk’ is the only way to resolve a 75 year old conflict between two peoples fighting over the rights to a tiny strip of land and the right to self-determination for both protagonists. Seriously, I despair of people who think violence, oppression and destruction of the means upon which innocent people depend to survive and thrive is a way to harmonising human relationships and understanding of other’s social, cultural and humanitarian needs. 😕

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It just gets worse - after the US/UK finally agree to get aid into Gaza by ships with the help of a new jetty built by the World Kitchen, following the missile strike that killed 7 aid workers, 3 ships carrying aid (that was also to be distributed by the World Kitchen) has now turned back to Cyprus with undelivered aid 😢

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The only people doing any ‘eliminating’ at the moment is Israel’s government/the IDF from what I can see. But yes, maybe you are right in your implications and genocide of ‘most Muslim folk’ is the only way to resolve a 75 year old conflict between two peoples fighting over the rights to a tiny strip of land and the right to self-determination for both protagonists. Seriously, I despair of people who think violence, oppression and destruction of the means upon which innocent people depend to survive and thrive is a way to harmonising human relationships and understanding of other’s social, cultural and humanitarian needs. 😕
You really struggle with comprehension don't you.... off you pop.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You really struggle with comprehension don't you.... off you pop.
On the contrary, it is you that does not seem understand the nature of what is happening in Gaza nor events and conditions over the past 75 years have led to up this to war - and it is you that is posting hate engendered comments like ‘most Muslim folk want Jews eliminated’ - you have no foundation for such a sweeping, stereotypical statement.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
On the contrary, it is you that does not understand the nature of what is happening in Gaza - and posting hate engendered comments like ‘most Muslim folk want Jews eliminated’ - you have no foundation for such a sweeping, stereotypical statement.
Please mate for your own good don't engage with this guy. Hopefully the mods can do something about his participation in this thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here