wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
IDF possible causes are ridiculous

1 Stampede - You can hear the gunfire
2 Truck runs them over - You can hear the gunfire
3 Hamas - This is northern Gaza that the IDF cleared out weeks ago.

POP_TONEZ

Feb 23, 2024
London
I saw a photograph yesterday of the remains of a man who had been bulldozed by the IDF it's the worst picture I've ever seen and I can't get it out my heads its f***ing me right up.

The most gory thing I've seen

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
And to think both Sunak and Starmer are have backed/are backing this.
To some political cost I think.

Biden too - some Dems threatening to withholding their support for a President who is being referred to as ‘Genocide Joe’ in some quarters …and the Michigan Primary showed that Biden’s position on Gaza could alienate votes in swing states that have populations with a large Arab/Muslim demographic …

”In a statement, Mr Netanyahu cited polls showing that more than 80% of Americans support Israel during the conflict in Gaza.”. However, ’supporting Israel’ and her right to exist and defend herself does not conflate with supporting genocidal policies towards the Palestinians as Netanyahu would like to suggest:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It disappoints me in the general lack of engagement, empathy or concern about events happening in Gaza and the West Bank. Not just here on NSC, but from politicians and public figures generally. No condemnation of Israel from either Tory or Labour (not surprising perhaps), and any murmur of dissent from anyone (i.e. Charlotte Church) is met with accusations of anti-semitism, smears and public shaming. No calls to send Netanyahu to The Hague, unlike with Putin over the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Instead we have reports, telling us that a bunch of Palestinians are dead, but not pointing the finger at those holding the smoking gun. There’s a dead body, but it’s all a complete mystery about who pulled the trigger. And the headlines (and sometimes even the main report itself) are all drenched in the passive voice.

I implore everyone who is at all curious or concerned about how these events are presented to us, to take a look for an alternative view at Aljazeera News. It's not perfect, but unlike most of Western media, it has actual reporters IN Gaza*, talking to people and observing events there, and not constantly having to self-censor for fear of upsetting the Israeli propaganda machine. Surely, it’s important to listen to the people who are directly affected by the events they experience? We don’t have to wait for Jeremy Bowen** sending his dispatches from Jerusalem, having to carefully watch his words, lest he accuse the Israelis of actual participation in a war that they are engaged in and that the US, UK and EU governments are actively enabling. Or Israeli spokespeople, to hear their accusations of anti-semitism towards anyone who questions their spinning of events.

We believed the reports from Israelis when Hamas attacked on the 7th October, and when, for example, 10 people were killed by Russian gunfire whilst waiting in a queue for bread. So why not the Palestinians?

*Around 120 reporters and press photographers (as well as many, many members of their families) have been killed by Israel so far. That there has been so little reporting about this is saddening and deeply shaming for the press in the West.

**I’m not attacking Jeremy Bowen here, for not reporting from Gaza. Western journalists are prevented from reporting from Gaza by Israel, because it’s too dangerous! Indeed, 55 journalists have sent an open letter calling on Israel and Egypt to provide "free and unfettered access to Gaza for all foreign media".

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It disappoints me in the general lack of engagement, empathy or concern about events happening in Gaza and the West Bank. Not just here on NSC, but from politicians and public figures generally. No condemnation of Israel from either Tory or Labour (not surprising perhaps), and any murmur of dissent from anyone (i.e. Charlotte Church) is met with accusations of anti-semitism, smears and public shaming.
Perhaps read back on the thread and you will realise why people on NSC, including myself don’t bother to comment on here now or very little. Everything you said in your post above, I and a few others have said hundreds of times over 😕

Last edited:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps read back on the thread and you will realise why people on NSC, including myself bother to comment on here now or very little. Everything you said in your post above, I and a few others have said hundreds of times over 😕
Ah sorry, apologies. I only dip in and out, as I'm not on here 24/7.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Perhaps read back on the thread and you will realise why people on NSC, including myself bother to comment on here now or very little. Everything you said in your post above, I and a few others have said hundreds of times over 😕
The Hague needs to ready itself for some evil people.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Would encourage folk to read up on items from groups like HRH and Amnesty

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Very large numbers on the peaceful march through central Brighton yesterday.

Just as with cental London (where numbers reach a cautious estimate of 300,000) these demonstrations are given very little exposure by the mainstream media and shed in negative light. An obvious mandate to downplay by the British press whilst allowing accusations of extremism to be cast.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yes after Rishi's Friday announcement I decided I had to join the extremists yesterday.
It was a funereal march of mourning the victims of October 7th and the dead children of Gaza.
The names of hundreds of dead children were read out over the tannoy to a solitary drumbeat.
At the Clock Tower we put our hands in flour and our hands to our hearts for the deaths and maiming of the starving Palestinians who were shot by unknown assailants at a food convoy this week.
FB_IMG_1709542472127.jpg.
FB_IMG_1709542450937.jpg

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Yes after Rishi's Friday announcement I decided I had to join the extremists yesterday.
It was a funereal march of mourning the victims of October 7th and the dead children of Gaza.
The names of hundreds of dead children were read out over the tannoy to a solitary drumbeat.
At the Clock Tower we put our hands in flour and our hands to our hearts for the deaths and maiming of the starving Palestinians who were shot by unknown assailants at a food convoy this week.
View attachment 177931.View attachment 177932

Respect for joining. The London ones are still going strong.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I'm listened to a lot of Yanis. His book about the inner workings of the EU, from his own experience, is eye opening.

He just explains thing in a calm and evidenced based way. He's hard to dismiss as an extremist, which causes a few struggles in some quarters. I met him in Brighton once.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No chance you'd be mourning the victims of October 7th
How about explaining your reasons for disagreeing rather than putting silly laugh emojis on poster's entries. It's childish.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I'm listened to a lot of Yanis. His book about the inner workings of the EU, from his own experience, is eye opening.

He just explains thing in a calm and evidenced based way. He's hard to dismiss as an extremist, which causes a few struggles in some quarters. I met him in Brighton once.

It is a great book - he has a way of distilling sometimes complex matters into something more digestible.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No chance you'd be mourning the victims of October 7th
You do know that expressing support for the civilians that continue to suffer from the most dire humanitarian crises and continual bombardment from the IDF carrying out Netanyahu’s policy agenda in Gaza is not mutually exclusive of condemning the atrocities carried out by Hamas on 7/10 - you do know that? I know you do.

However, more concerning is the hostages still being held in Gaza by various jihadist groups that Netanyahu has completely failed to rescue/negotiate release. Thousands of Israelis are protesting weekly now against the apparent policy of bombing Gaza back into the stone age pushing the rescue of the hostages onto the back burner- relatives and friends are completely distraught with how little the welfare of their loved ones are being disregarded in this punishing war against Palestinians in Gaza.

Netanyahu has repeatedly refused to negotiate for their release, agree to temporary ceasefires to get aid in ( which would help the hostages as well as civilians) and has boycotted the most recent talks aiming to get the hostages released.

If you care for as the Israeli victims as you say you do, ( and I’m not doubting that you do) your anger should be directed at the far Right Wing factions in the Israeli Government for prioritising a longterm extreme right wing agenda over the welfare of hostages still being held in Gaza and for the families and relatives pleading with their Governments to negotiate a settlement or ceasefire to get them released.

Netanyahu is on his way out and the US know it

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
But you've replied with the laughing emoji to countless posts since October. Any alternative view is met with that or the "no Jews, no news" slogan.
I've pretty much given up on commenting on this thread, among various others whose views are broadly similar, as when we do the same bunch of members pile on & scream at/lecture us. I don't have the time, energy, or in certain members cases, the faith that they're posting in good faith to spend most of my days arguing my way out of a pile on. Our view on this thread is a minority one (or maybe we don't scream so loud?) but that doesn't make it wrong. If anybody sincerely wants to chat about the situation privately, feel free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here