Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Haaland

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Almost certainly the best player (at the time they visit) we’ll have yet seen at the Amex, and may well ever see. I’ll probably one day be telling my grandchildren about seeing him come to Brighton.

That said, I would dearly love for him to be so frustrated after 20 minutes of getting no change out of Dunk that he gets himself sent off.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Assuming he plays 90 minutes against us, it’s a damage limitation exercise. The only chance we’d have of getting anything out of it is if there’s another early red card in our favour.

That's pretty defeatist. Haaland is in a good moment, but he isn't infallible. Between January and April this year he went 84 days without scoring.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
He’s the ultimate goal scorer. Great fun to watch.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was actually really excited about seeing Ronaldo play in the flesh last season - had to admit didn’t expect him to hardly touch the ball - so I’ve still yet to see him ‘play’ live

Veltmans better.

Seen him a few times ;-)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He could end up being considered the best out and out striker of all time. In my life, Ronaldo and Van Basten, the best i've seen, with special mentions for Henry, Weah and Romario. But yes, Haaland is going to smash past all of them.

In terms of all players, he could very well end up in the Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona, Pele bracket, despite being a very different sort of player, just on his sheer numbers

And the way I see it, I was a football fan before I was a Brighton fan. If supporting Brighton allows me to see an all time great then brilliant. And if we can go there and keep him off the score sheet, it's a phenomenal effort from our defenders.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's pretty defeatist. Haaland is in a good moment, but he isn't infallible. Between January and April this year he went 84 days without scoring.

It’s not defeatist; it’s just realistic. Playing ahead all of the other rediculously talented City players, he’s unstoppable.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He could end up being considered the best out and out striker of all time. In my life, Ronaldo and Van Basten, the best i've seen, with special mentions for Henry, Weah and Romario. But yes, Haaland is going to smash past all of them.

No mention of Leon Best?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I read somewhere that he scored a hat trick recently in a game when he only had 7 touches if the ball

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
I was in the middle of the Dortmund wall last season when he scored a hatrick in the derby against Bochum. Only problem was Bochum scored 4 to win it including a fantastic finish by...... DJ and Albion reject jurgen locadia. Almost wet myself when that one went in. Would love to see us concede 3 to haaland but put 4 past city.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
And for the second part of the question. Seeing Ronaldo at the amex was special and him realising he was on the wrong team even better. For me haaland is a player who could eclipse him if he stays injury free. Amazing really.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I read somewhere that he scored a hat trick recently in a game when he only had 7 touches of the ball

Well he only got ‘2’ tonight, the lickers will say that’s because he was subbed at half time but I’m hoping that he has peaked and is now in decline. Hopefully he’ll be pretty shite by the time we face him in a few weeks. I’d settle for 1-goal-per-game form.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Three or four years ago he was valued at (and I think sold for) 20M Euros. Would have been a great signing for us - but we were too busy chasing Calleri, Jahanbakhsh and Darwin Nunez. C'est la vie!

I believe Everton turned him down for £8m before he went to Germany, stories on Twitter a few days ago.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
What I don't get is twitter idiots discounting him because he scores "tap ins".

So?! It's literally his only job, to score loads. And he scores bags of them, taps in or not.

He's on track to break Shearer's record in under 5 seasons...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ah well - we turned down Denis Law and Ian Wright. There's a lot to be said for tradition, eh? :wink:

We don't do tap ins

arse cheek and bollock deflections being the exception to the rule if you have a pensioner up front

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
Absolute monster.
He's got nearly 20 goals in all comps already and it's not even Halloween for another 3 weeks ffs.
He's got pace, finishing, power, strength, size, vision, instincts, composure, heading ability- it's like you took the best attributes from forwards of the last 20 years, put them in a blender and he was the result. .

To put it in context he's got more league goals (127) than Phil Foden has league appearances (105). Oh, and Haaland's younger.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here