Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Haaland

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
And that's that, 35 league goals. Broke the record with 5 games to spare, plus having two games less to do it in (20 team league now versus 22)

Could get over 40.
Needs 4 more to beat Bobby Smith’s total in the 1958 season for Tottenham.

Unlikely to beat Dixie Dean’s haul of 60.

Definitely not the greatest of all time yet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Needs 4 more to beat Bobby Smith’s total in the 1958 season for Tottenham.

Unlikely to beat Dixie Dean’s haul of 60.

Definitely not the greatest of all time yet.
Dixie Dean’s record is completely incomparable in my opinion. Nowhere near the same as today in so many ways…

He’s the best striker we’ve seen in world football for a long, long time for me. Possibly ever. Unreal talent.

Just a shame it’s boring as f*** that he’s playing for City and they’ve bought success.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rest Haaland for the European games now, eh?
Probably play him in a couple of home games to give the crowd a chance to show their appreciation for him.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Dixie Dean’s record is completely incomparable in my opinion. No we’re near the same as today in so many ways…

He’s the best striker we’ve seen in world football for a long, long time for me. Possibly ever. Unreal talent.

Just a shame it’s boring as f*** that he’s playing for City and they’ve bought success.
Could be worse.
Remember when a load of Leeds fans were saying he'd want to play for them?
I'm sure they were joking. Probably.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Could be worse.
Remember when a load of Leeds fans were saying he'd want to play for them?
I'm sure they were joking. Probably.
I don’t remember it but I can assure you they weren’t joking 🤣

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Dixie Dean’s record is completely incomparable in my opinion. No we’re near the same as today in so many ways…

You can only play against the opposition at that time
Yes very different for various reasons
But Dixie Dean s record will be tough to beat
But both will be remembered for their goal scoring abilities
I only really know of Jimmy Greaves from the Saint and Greavsies show But watching footage of him in action after his passing Damn was he bloody good Even better than the reputation that preceded , him in my eyes at least

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can only play against the opposition at that time
Yes very different for various reasons
But Dixie Dean s record will be tough to beat
But both will be remembered for their goal scoring abilities
I only really know of Jimmy Greaves from the Saint and Greavsies show But watching footage of him in action after his passing Damn was he bloody good Even better than the reputation that preceded , him in my eyes at least
Just think with all the conditioning, sports science and training / diet etc stuff to name only a few things, todays game is incompatible to records pre 90s at the very least. That’s not taking away from anyone previously as they may well have excelled in these modern conditions - just think it’s hard to compare the two… different game really…

I expect @Harry Wilson's tackle saw Dean live and can give us a comparison 😜

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Dixie Dean’s record is completely incomparable in my opinion. Nowhere near the same as today in so many ways…

I read/heard somewhere there's a clause in his contract that he can join Real Madrid in 2024, or something...?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I read/heard somewhere there's a clause in his contract that he can join Real Madrid in 2024, or something...?
Nah - bullshit I think. As these ‘clauses’ often are - made up by football manager generation kids / twitterers / ‘ journos’

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Yeh, at 22, he's the best striker i've seen in my lifetime

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nah - bullshit I think. As these ‘clauses’ often are - made up by football manager generation kids / twitterers / ‘ journos’
Maybe. There was a lot of talk about it a while back and a quick search shows that there had been the odd article about it more recently, including comments from his agent and mentions some pretty reliable SAUCES.

Ultimately, who cares? But don't be surprised if there #FreeHaaland starts trending at some point over the coming months :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe. There was a lot of talk about it a while back and a quick search shows that there had been the odd article about it more recently, including comments from his agent and mentions some pretty reliable SAUCES.

Ultimately, who cares? But don't be surprised if there #FreeHaaland starts trending at some point over the coming months :lolol:
I thought I read Pep saying it was nonsense but again, could be wrong. I’ve also been told by a ketchup tight SAUCE that there’s a deal in Locadia’s new club’s contract that if BHA come in for £15m+ he can join us but don’t go shouting it about…

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If City do the treble this season then Haaland will have nothing left to stay for. He'll need a new challenge, and should move on.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If City do the treble this season then Haaland will have nothing left to stay for. He'll need a new challenge, and should move on.
The Daily Mirror reports that he's on £865k per week after bonuses. Someone will have to match that first.

The days when Real Madrid could buy a City player (who they want to keep) are over in my view

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Daily Mirror reports that he's on £865k per week after bonuses. Someone will have to match that first.

The days when Real Madrid could buy a City player (who they want to keep) are over in my view
PSG it is then.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes I can't see him moving anywhere for the forseeable.

Basically the best team in the country, have totally redesigned themselves around him bagging an astronomical goals tally.

All the while he's there, he'll likely win the league at least 2 seasons out of 3, win a domestic cup at least once a year and I can't think of a side more likely to go on a Champions League winning run in the coming years.

And he's being paid getting on for a million quid a week.

And he's only 22. If he wants to go to Madrid at say 27, there's plenty of time for that little adventure

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought I read Pep saying it was nonsense but again, could be wrong. I’ve also been told by a ketchup tight SAUCE that there’s a deal in Locadia’s new club’s contract that if BHA come in for £15m+ he can join us but don’t go shouting it about…
You probably did, because he probably did say that. He's not likely to tell the truth and say his star man will be buggering off. So I take it with a pinch of salt from all sides.

Locadia? Could do a job.
In Carabo Cup games next season.
From the bench.
On a play-per-game basis.
He could also provide the half-time entertainment :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here