Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

H982 fkl

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
H982 fkl IS registered a 1991 Porsche according to DVLA website checker. So that rules out all those morons saying that the plate was
deliberately swapped for the original on the car..

Did you check to see how long that number plate has been registered with that vehicle?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't Top Gear used to be a show about cars with Jeremy Clarkson in and now it is a show about Jeremy Clarkson with some cars in.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's the most horribly contrived show on telly. Everything about it is fake. Sadly though, it's one of the Beeb's biggest global money-spinners.
Blessed are the dumb-downers! :bowdown:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think it's laugh out loud funny. Bless the Argies wetting themselves over a number plate. Superb PR, and I guarantee that this series of Top Gear will be the most watched ever, and probably increase it's exports as well. Well done BBC. All of you getting your knickers in a twist need to lighten up. It's an entertaining TV show, that's all. Can't see you lot getting your knickers in a twist over Basil Fawlty and the Germans. #realitycheck

As somebody said above, not getting my knickers in a twist.

But although I am not a conspiracy theorist, I refuse to believe the numberplate thing wasn't deliberate

And the whole thing just shows what an insensitive clod Clarkson is. Would you think it was funny if the Argentinian equivalent show had come over here with a car with a numberplate which said "screw Margaret Thatcher" or something similar?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
As somebody said above, not getting my knickers in a twist.

But although I am not a conspiracy theorist, I refuse to believe the numberplate thing wasn't deliberate

And the whole thing just shows what an insensitive clod Clarkson is. Would you think it was funny if the Argentinian equivalent show had come over here with a car with a numberplate which said "screw Margaret Thatcher" or something similar?

They did do that thing with the banner before the world cup tho', even though a few of them looked quite awkward about it..

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It would probably get applauded.

And rightly so.

As for this latest stunt I'm just amazed the show is still going to be honest. It's a bit like American wrestling. Everyone knows it's completely staged and set up, there's nobody left with any illusions over it being for real, and yet they continue watching it all the same.

It's so hammed up and embarrassing that I find it genuinely painful to watch

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...nsult-to-the-people-of-argentina-9782685.html

The story keeps running. Clarkson had another couple of numberplates hidden in the boot spelling Be11 END

Fairly apt I suppose. And it completely blows out of the water all that intelligence-insulting guff the production team came out with about the original numberplate not being intentionally offensive, as it was obviously going to be a running joke throughout the show.

What a bunch of tools.

"We know bellend doesn’t mean the end of the bell and is a word used instead to describe the head of the penis which is often employed as an insult in England"

That quote, apparently made by one of the locals me laugh though :lolol:

Well according to the DVLA website this vehicle was first registered in 1991.....? so the number plate genuine it seems, as for the story about the purchase being coincidence or not noone can really say can they. its all a he said she said, the argentinians say top gear did it deliberately to incense them, top gear say it was a coincidence and some people are even saying the argentinian government organised the riot deliberately to stir up anti british sentiments again as part of their continuing campaign to regain what was never theirs to begin with... since they all somehow seem to refuse to believe the falklands pre-date their existence i don't think we're gonna get anywhere near to the truth on this one just continuing wild speculation and finger pointing on all sides.

that being said Clarkson / top gear has plenty of form for this sort of thing but that's the way the programme has always been.... if you don't like it don't watch it i must say i find it highly amusing at times and will continue to tune in and watch regardless of this or any other exagerated scandal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gosh those lads are so NAUGHTY aren't they. So very CHEEKY. Like naughty little LADS. Ooh, they've been naughty and provocative AGAIN. Teehee.

Christ almighty, they are just so f**king, f**king DULL, those three bellends and their gobshite puppeteers (and for the record, I have absolutely zero truck with Argentina's even duller claim to the Falklands, hope it goes without saying).

If I could Like this a hundred times, I would :clap2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And rightly so.

As for this latest stunt I'm just amazed the show is still going to be honest. It's a bit like American wrestling. Everyone knows it's completely staged and set up, there's nobody left with any illusions over it being for real, and yet they continue watching it all the same.

It's so hammed up and embarrassing that I find it genuinely painful to watch

Spot on. I don't mind the cars, fine, do your laps, show the audience what they can do and so on.

But SPARE us the fake, cringeworthy staged shit, the "Oh NO! Will Richard the Hamster Hammond make it out of here alive or will the comedy national stereotype local who's miraculously just appeared scupper his attempts?". I can't bear it.

Clarkson is also one of those celebrities who has a terrible reputation from those who have to deal with him personally. I think airline cabin crew (who are frequently a good guide to these matters) rank him just behind Cilla Black and Michael Winner in terms of "do you know who I am" attitude.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Clarkson is also one of those celebrities who has a terrible reputation from those who have to deal with him personally. I think airline cabin crew (who are frequently a good guide to these matters) rank him just behind Cilla Black and Michael Winner in terms of "do you know who I am" attitude.

One of my work colleagues was a classmate of Clarkson's at school, in Doncaster. He reports that the guy was a boorish cock even then.

That said, my colleague is bit of a knob too. He's like George Integrity Whitebread, Harry Enfield's "I'm from Yarkshire" character.

"Ah say what ah like, and ah like what ah bloody well say"

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I can't bear it..

Unfortunately for you, Top Gear is one of the BBC's cash cows internationally. Just about every long-haul international flight anywhere in the world shows the programme and the Beeb make a fortune from it. And undoubtedly some of that money is ploughed back into the public service broadcasting they're required to do, as laid down in their charter.

I don't much care for the bloke either but the rush to moan about him and his ilk by people who could just as easily not watch his programmes does puzzle me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately for you, Top Gear is one of the BBC's cash cows internationally. Just about every long-haul international flight anywhere in the world shows the programme and the Beeb make a fortune from it. And undoubtedly some of that money is ploughed back into the public service broadcasting they're required to do, as laid down in their charter.

I don't much care for the bloke either but the rush to moan about him and his ilk by people who could just as easily not watch his programmes does puzzle me.

I think I'll just express an opinion and still not watch it, thanks. Yes, I realise it's a popular programme, as is the X Factor, which just goes to show success is no reflection of quality.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Spot on. I don't mind the cars, fine, do your laps, show the audience what they can do and so on.

But SPARE us the fake, cringeworthy staged shit, the "Oh NO! Will Richard the Hamster Hammond make it out of here alive or will the comedy national stereotype local who's miraculously just appeared scupper his attempts?". I can't bear it.

See, I found the moment I completely accept its all fake (which surely everyone does), I enjoyed it. If you even try and cling on to it being reality then of course it would annoy you.

I enjoy the challenges. They are a sketch. I enjoy sketches and mocumentaries.

Is it intelligent? No. Is it actually about cars that much? no. Is it something I enjoy watching on a sunday before another week at work? yep.

Never quite got the hatred towards it. I don't like the Only way is Essex or Big Brother but I don't think I'd rant about it to those who do.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think I'll just express an opinion and still not watch it, thanks. Yes, I realise it's a popular programme, as is the X Factor, which just goes to show success is no reflection of quality.

I didn't say you weren't allowed to express an opinion if you didn't watch it, did I? I just said that it surprised me how riled people get about something they can very easily ignore.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Amazes me how many who apparently wouldn't watch the show even if held at gunpoint know so much about its content and the presenters! ???

Personally I enjoy it as a piece of pure escapism.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You do know this is NSC, right?

Good point, well made. And for no other reason than it made me laugh, here's a picture of a duck waiting for a pub lunch

25tjj1h.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here