Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

H982 fkl

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Gosh those lads are so NAUGHTY aren't they. So very CHEEKY. Like naughty little LADS. Ooh, they've been naughty and provocative AGAIN. Teehee.

Christ almighty, they are just so f**king, f**king DULL, those three bellends and their gobshite puppeteers (and for the record, I have absolutely zero truck with Argentina's even duller claim to the Falklands, hope it goes without saying).

Spot on :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't believe anyone thinks the numberplate was total coincidence. I, like others, hold no truck with the Argentine claim to the Falklands but, as others have said, a lot of young Argentinians lost their lives because of being forced to fight and for that alone it wouldn't bother me if Clarkson was held in some god forsaken hell hole of a south American prison for a few days. The show is past it's sell by date with the variety of 'arranged' incidents and I can't help but think Clarkson knows this and rather than just stop, wants the show to be cancelled due to something notorious happening.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I actually quite enjoy Clarkson's writing, his Times column is usually an amusing read.

But he / the Top Gear production team have been a COLLOSAL bunch of twats over this. And to try and claim the numberplate had no significance, or that they were somehow unaware, just insults the intelligence.

You've been a bunch of dickheads, and this time your prank backfired because people genuinely reacted violently to the provocation. There's no chuckling or mug-facing your way out of this one chaps.

This. Apart from the enjoying the bit about his writing.

****ing shittest form of humour. Let's say something RUDE and CONTROVERSIAL. OH HA ****ING HA. It's the televisual equivalent of fishing on the internet. Twats.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I think it's laugh out loud funny. Bless the Argies wetting themselves over a number plate. Superb PR, and I guarantee that this series of Top Gear will be the most watched ever, and probably increase it's exports as well. Well done BBC. All of you getting your knickers in a twist need to lighten up. It's an entertaining TV show, that's all. Can't see you lot getting your knickers in a twist over Basil Fawlty and the Germans. #realitycheck

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it's laugh out loud funny. Bless the Argies wetting themselves over a number plate. Superb PR, and I guarantee that this series of Top Gear will be the most watched ever, and probably increase it's exports as well. Well done BBC. All of you getting your knickers in a twist need to lighten up. It's an entertaining TV show, that's all. Can't see you lot getting your knickers in a twist over Basil Fawlty and the Germans. #realitycheck

Not got my knickers in a twist, I just think it's another piece of evidence that points to him being a colossal bellend.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
How does FKL align to "Malvinas" which is what the Argies insist on calling these remote British outpost islands.
Someone must have done some stirring for them to have even noticed the connection.
PR in overdrive me thinks .....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How does FKL align to "Malvinas" which is what the Argies insist on calling these remote British outpost islands.
Someone must have done some stirring for them to have even noticed the connection.
PR in overdrive me thinks .....
Indeed. The connection simply would not have been made without some deliberate setting up and stirring.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Fawlty Towers and Top gear in the same paragraph? For shame!

Then again, I have met people who think that episode is hilarious just because they think it's funny to laugh at Germans HUR HUR. In fact I saw an episode of Have I got News for you? when Clarkson was presenting. There was a German guest on. Clarkson did a 'You vill obey orders' voice HUR HUR.
Has he ever done any Top Gear (ho ho) in Brighton? Did he make any 'bummers' type jokes?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I can imagine the makers of this show sitting around like a gaggle of immature fifth formers making up a jolly prank to play."Ooo, lets get this number plate we can flaunt in our hosts country, a reference to the war over thirty years ago when lots of Argies got killed. They'll never notice because they're foreigners, and by definition thick, and we can do some close up shots of the number plate and some ever so clever voice overs when we're home and bobsyeruncle."

What a wheeze.

Laughable and pathetic.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Top Gear is one of the best shows on TV, and even though my missus does not like it she always gets drawn in to these specials which are often gripping viewing given the scenery they show

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Not interested one bit in watching the programme , I watched the Thailand/Burma one because of the location , they had no respect for the locals and were driving big lorries in the middle of high streets and caused so much congestion , then breaking down on small roads , complaining about slow vehicles ahead of them . Show a bit more respect guys !

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Having meet Clarkson, I wish they had barbequed him at the border. Arrogant,'do you know who I are' type of tw*t.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
H982 fkl IS registered a 1991 Porsche according to DVLA website checker. So that rules out all those morons saying that the plate was
deliberately swapped for the original on the car..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here