Gutted

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
This evening is as depressing as when Southampton drew 0-0 with Spurs in 1978. Virtually managerless, rudderless - a joke after all our efforts in securing our stadium at Falmer. What actually has gone on at our Club in recent weeks? Who is to blame for the wheels coming off so spectacularly -were cracks being papered over for several months or did it all go pear shaped in May? We should be told, but of course we never will be.

Oh and has the poogate culprit been identified? Surely we can at least be told that - and that disciplinary proceedings are

underway.

As someone who hasn't invested many millions in the Club, I feel absolutely gutted. I'm sure though that all the key players who were so united in months gone by, must feel a whole lot worse tonight.

Oh man up. What happens concerning palace is almost of no concern to us, just a small debt in our pride. As for the recent events, you do realise that this club I in the beat position it has been in for many years? In the grand scheme of things The past weeks' events mean little. Oh, and considering we are now getting crowds of over 30,000 in a beautiful stadium and our ever improving team just finished 4TH in the championship, I think if I had invested money in the club I would be pretty damn happy. The success of our club is not made redundant just because some moron took a dump on the floor.

Mouse28

Nov 15, 2009
We have just had a great season, in a great stadium and the highest finishing league position for 30 odd years. I have thoroughly enjoyed The Championship and I for one am more than happy for several more seasons in this Division.

For the record the last time we finished 4th in the 2nd division we got promoted the following season.

I have been supporting Brighton for 45 years through the hayday of the Brighton Palace Mullary Venables rivalry and I believe that the current obsession with Palace is distructive to our support of Brighton. Let's stop obsessing about Palace and enjoy supporting our club.

We clearly have to be financially viable and if that means long term being a Championship club with the occasional flirtation with promotion then that is alright for me.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Here's an idea, and it may just be an idea, but how about we let the summer play out, see what happens with the managerial team, see what players come and go, then assess where we stand! Until anything is certain we have to patiently wait it out, you never know it may all work out for the best? Lets just see how it goes! Still over 2 months till the start of the season!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This evening is as depressing as when Southampton drew 0-0 with Spurs in 1978. Virtually managerless, rudderless - a joke after all our efforts in securing our stadium at Falmer. What actually has gone on at our Club in recent weeks? Who is to blame for the wheels coming off so spectacularly -were cracks being papered over for several months or did it all go pear shaped in May? We should be told, but of course we never will be.

Oh and has the poogate culprit been identified? Surely we can at least be told that - and that disciplinary proceedings are underway.

As someone who hasn't invested many millions in the Club, I feel absolutely gutted. I'm sure though that all the key players who were so united in months gone by, must feel a whole lot worse tonight.

Come on,you have seen the club in a FAR worse state than this since the 1978 Debacle and been a major player in where we are today.i am a bit surprised by your post.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have just had a great season, in a great stadium and the highest finishing league position for 30 odd years. I have thoroughly enjoyed The Championship and I for one am more than happy for several more seasons in this Division.

For the record the last time we finished 4th in the 2nd division we got promoted the following season.

I have been supporting Brighton for 45 years through the hayday of the Brighton Palace Mullary Venables rivalry and I believe that the current obsession with Palace is distructive to our support of Brighton. Let's stop obsessing about Palace and enjoy supporting our club.

We clearly have to be financially viable and if that means long term being a Championship club with the occasional flirtation with promotion then that is alright for me.

That is far too sensible a post for Nsc. For what it's worth, I agree with every word.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
That being the case why bring in Paul Barber as a hatchet man and ruin what we had going on the field

I'm sorry but what exactly did he ruin? Gus Poyet failed to get a squad more than capable of promotion up whilst always moaning about lack of budget. Looks a bit of a **** now that a team put together for a fraction of our team is in the Premiership. Defensive displays at home and lost late points in far too many games are what cost us. Our team under Poyet had a soft underbelly and couldn't see out results too often and couldn't come from behind to win. That is what cost us automatic promotion. I'm looking forward to getting a manager who actually knows how to really succeed above the third tier of English football.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sorry but what exactly did he ruin? Gus Poyet failed to get a squad more than capable of promotion up whilst always moaning about lack of budget. Looks a bit of a **** now that a team put together for a fraction of our team is in the Premiership.

How about the other 12 managers who also put a team together for more than us, that also failed to get promoted? Our budget was 14th in the division.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
How about the other 12 managers who also put a team together for more than us, that also failed to get promoted? Our budget was 14th in the division.

Where is the proof of that fact? Was it Poyet who said it maybe? I didn't hear Freedman bleating on or Holloway for that matter.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Add to that a few local boys who have come through the ranks in the team and I will be delighted.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Oh and has the poogate culprit been identified? Surely we can at least be told that - and that disciplinary proceedings are underway.

This is he most worrying post on the board for ages.

Time for people to wake up to what is going on.

We have a problem and it hasn't been made by Gus.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
This is the point in time where we, the supporters need to show our class. We need to stand firm behind the chairman and give him our full backing. I trust him, he is one of us. There is much speculation at the moment and just about all of it is guess work. The people who know will not post it on here. We all need to take a deep breath, get on with it and support the chairman and whoever he sees fit to manage our club next year. We will be fine.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I am not gutted at all, we have a brilliant stadium and home fixtures are a joy to watch as opposed to a labour of love at Withdean.

We are on the up and this will all soon be forgotten in 10 weeks.

Totally agree - or at least I would see the current situation as a temporary setback(s).

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
This is the point in time where we, the supporters need to show our class. We need to stand firm behind the chairman and give him our full backing. I trust him, he is one of us. There is much speculation at the moment and just about all of it is guess work. The people who know will not post it on here. We all need to take a deep breath, get on with it and support the chairman and whoever he sees fit to manage our club next year. We will be fine.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Has Falmer been taken away from us or is the same man who gave it to the people of Brighton and Hove still at the helm pushing the club forward. Put your doubts to one side and wait for some answers and if they are not forthcoming then by all means have a dig but not just because you and a few others are obviously not part of some inner sanctum anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We have a problem and it hasn't been made by Gus.

Laughable. Firstly, one decent managerial appointment and we have no problem at all. Secondly, the only immediate problem is we didn't go up this season after making the play offs and our gobshite manager opened it once too often . Man up, you sound like a right slice. How many times did Cardiff lose in the play offs?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This thread is hilarious. All the bloody hand wringing! Get a grip people!

... rudderless ... What actually has gone on at our Club in recent weeks? Who is to blame for the wheels coming off so spectacularly -were cracks being papered over for several months or did it all go pear shaped in May? We should be told, but of course we never will be.
In my view, it's ESSENTIAL that Tony Bloom gets a quick grip and says something reassuring. SOON.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports