Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutted

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
(A mod who is trying to protect several interests moved this away. I've moved it back. Please try and refrain from unfounded speculation about specific events within the club at the moment around the incidents we are all aware of. It makes it easier for all of us that way.)

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It is rumoured that Gus knew his budget was going to be reduced prior to the play off games and had a barny about it so went into the play offs in he wrong frame of mind. Hence the interview after the game saying he was considering his future.

Really? In an effort to motivate Poyet you believe Bloom decided to tell him "fail to go up and we'll be cutting your budget next year".

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nope we are still ahead.

I can't find the page on the BBC now but before the first play off match their figures showed we were one ahead on the wins total. Add in the Amex capitulation and we're now equal.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really? In an effort to motivate Poyet you believe Bloom decided to tell him "fail to go up and we'll be cutting your budget next year".

BG talking the sh1te yet again

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It seems to me something commercially was very wrong as each week record pie and ale sales yet we are making no money. Let alone all the 1901 stuff, record shirt sales etc.

I am sure some of the loss is due to the more creative side of accountancy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Elaborate, why would the club do that ?

Just to prove we are far better off for FFP than we make out ?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Holloway was working with a group of experienced Championship players. He only got Phillips and Dobbie in. He is the most experience manage working when it comes to the playoffs. Freedman didn't make it that far.

Very true. But reinforces the point that blaming Barber is a bit of a nonsense. Palace were better placed than us to go up, letting them have Dobbie was a gross error of judgement and then Gus compounded that by his tactical failings.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not sure of the exact figures but with the training ground bloom must have invested north of 200m in the club. That gives him the right to run it as he sees fit and if barber is his choice so be it. The club has moved on and like it or not it is not the cottage industry of old but a muti millon pound business and has got to be run as such. That will mean we dont get much say or hear about the decisions taken like in the withdean days and we just have to accept that. The most important person at the club is not gus but bloom for without him we are nothing.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
It feels like this season has been a total waste of time and personally a waste of hundreds of pounds following the Albion all over the country only for the team and manager to bottle it at the last.

It's going to take some effort to get myself up for next season.

Couple of mediocre seasons and the crowd will dwindle and so will our promotion prospects. This season was THE chance to go up and we blew it.

:shootself:ohmy::facepalm::tosser:

Well p!$s off and support someone else then. For crying out loud man. Get a grip, and get over yourself.

Don't need fans like you at the moment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not sure of the exact figures but with the training ground bloom must have invested north of 200m in the club. That gives him the right to run it as he see fit and if barber is his choice so be it. The club has moved on and like it or not it is not the cottage industry of old but a muti millon pound business and has go be run as such. That will mean we dont get much say or hear about the decision taken like it the withdean days and we just have to accept that. The most important person at the club is not gus but bloom for without him we are nothing.

Everything would change when we moved to the Amex, some prefer us to be this little old cottage industry with the Inner Rectum being told the news to tell the underlings.

I was going to mention this. Is there any irrefutable evidence that we actually lost eight million pounds last season?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
All this talk of FFP is a mirage,smoke and mirrors.
FFP will be declared illegal under European commission rules as a Restraint of Trade and a Restriction on the movement of Workers(players) a barrier to service providers (agents) FFP will make loads of lawyers rich and fools out of EUFA.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't find the page on the BBC now but before the first play off match their figures showed we were one ahead on the wins total. Add in the Amex capitulation and we're now equal.

No.

37-35 to the albion.

It's even in the holmesdale online match records section.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was going to mention this. Is there any irrefutable evidence that we actually lost eight million pounds last season?

I'm am not suggesting anything underhand, and I have no knowledge of the Albion accounts, but there are ways and means and varying formulas used for arriving at the more intangible expenses/costs and a business would be daft to not choose a more advantageous approach.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All this talk of FFP is a mirage,smoke and mirrors.
FFP will be declared illegal under European commission rules as a Restraint of Trade and a Restriction on the movement of Workers(players) a barrier to service providers (agents) FFP will make loads of lawyers rich and fools out of EUFA.

The big flaw in your argument is that all the FL member clubs democratically voted it in. A company deciding to only spend a % of its turnover is not a restraint of trade....every business does this.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here