Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to tempt Bridcutt away?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Attacking players almost always cost more than than defensive types, it's just one of those positions really.

Bridcutt isn't a run of the mill CDM though. Even if only Sunderland are interested Gus will know what the asking price is going to be for Tony to accept.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I like all of us hope and expect 5million + but in reality it would probably be about 2.5 - 3 million

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As has been said I think it's getting towards the right time for him to move on, don't get me wrong he is a great player and will be missed a lot but for 5-7m+ I'd definitely consider the offer a lot & he is 24 now it's the right time for him to move also so could benefit both parties. I don't blame him anyway, he perhaps shouldn't go about it in such a public manner but it's understandable him wanting to play in the premiership.

If Gus tries to rinse us after what he said about Liam's value when he was here, then he will go down further in my estimations.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bridcutt isn't a run of the mill CDM though. Even if only Sunderland are interested Gus will know what the asking price is going to be for Tony to accept.

Really, what is it that makes him different to others then? Is it his amazing range of passing or perhaps because he weighs in with so many goals? Listen, I'm a huge Bridcutt fan and I will be gutted if/when he leaves but the value we put on his head will be way off of the mark.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Somewhere between 2.5 and 3 million if we haggle hard. Liam is a good player and a nice guy, and despite it being the naughty route I wonder if GP has phoned him at home and whetted his appetite. I expect Sunderland to survive this season, and maybe Liam will help them from January onwards. He's done well for us, but perhaps not its time to take the profit and use it to strengthen our ageing defence

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Thought he would be off in the summer so won't come as a huge surprise if he does go to pastures new. However, I would be very disappointed and personally don't think Ince is a replacement. They are completely different players, Bridcutt makes the team tick, Ince (as good as he potentially is) does not have the attributes and would be wasted playing the Bridcutt role

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
To be fair after watching a few of the Sunderland games, they have been playing really well despite their results, and I am not to sure if he would be in their starting 11.

Does Gus or Sunderland need him as much as we think they do? If Gus is desperate to get him and he believes he is an instant first teamer, £3-4m would sound about right.

This is what they have paid out when buying players.

Jozy Altidore £8.5m
Emanuele Giaccherini £6.5m
Charalampos Mavrias £2.5m
Vito Mannone £2m
Adam Johnson £10m
Steven Fletcher £12m
Danny Graham £5m
John O'Shea £4.5
Wes Brown £1.2m

The full list is here

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/sunderland-transfers.html

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Thought he would be off in the summer so won't come as a huge surprise if he does go to pastures new. However, I would be very disappointed and personally don't think Ince is a replacement. They are completely different players, Bridcutt makes the team tick, Ince (as good as he potentially is) does not have the attributes and would be wasted playing the Bridcutt role

One presumes that part of the "might we let him go" decision would be exactly that - do we have or could we buy an adequate replacement. I agree that Ince is different.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He deserves to go and really he should have gone in the summer - he clearly wants to - did we refuse to let him leave or was his injury the reason? either way we should wish him well and clearly no point Oscar building his team around him

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
unsubstantiated but assured by someone who should know that when Gus was touting himself round he blatantly told certain players he would take them with him.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
They are completely different players, Bridcutt makes the team tick, Ince (as good as he potentially is) does not have the attributes and would be wasted playing the Bridcutt role

He made the team tick under Gus. The jury is out on whether he will the same under Oscar. Ince has been immense over the last few games and I have no doubt he will keep performing to that standard over the course of the season.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I read during his injury lay off that the Pubic Bone injury he has is always likely to flair up if he is out of action for any length of time, e.g. when he was laid off with his hernia. Any idea whether this might be an issue if and when he has a medical at another club?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
*£2 - £2.5M is what I think he is more likely to go for, if indeed he does go.

*In my opinion, which may not be the same as your opinion.

It's not the same as mine Phil. I'd not sell him for less than five. £2m is of no use to us whatsoever, and I think £5m is not an unreasonable fee for Liam. Given that we have Ince almost ready to takeover his role then we would be daft to turn down a decent offer.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Considering he's just come back into the side, he made some telling contributions on Tuesday evening, and it appeared at times Barnsley had two or three players closing him down for most of the match. Still my first name down on the team sheet when fully fit.
Just hope if he goes we get a fair price for him, and some sort of sell-on clause, as I think he's a player that still has way further to go up the "quality-player" ladder yet!! :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here