Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to tempt Bridcutt away?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He would only be a premiershit player for half a season with Sunderland.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Zaha wasn't worth half a Zaha.

It makes you wonder whether the Glaziers are actually an international Gustavo Fring and are using ManUtd for money laundering for their meth distribution business.

Bebo, and now Zaha. Is no one asking the right questions!?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
*£2 - £2.5M is what I think he is more likely to go for, if indeed he does go.

*In my opinion, which may not be the same as your opinion.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Poyet would have been slaughtered on here for saying "It would be even better if I can do it with Brighton, but if there is an opportunity for me to do it with another club I think it is going to be hard for me to turn it down."

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this and of coarse it will depend on where the Albion are in the table

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It's not. Prem clubs are generally run by idiots. The negotiations would go like this between TB and a PL club:

TB: we'd like £3m for Bridcutt
PL: we'll give you £5m for him
TB: really? we're happy with £3m
PL: okay, jeez hard bargain in the Championship, we'll up our offer to £6m
TB: but really I was expecting to be knocked down to £2.5m
PL: £7m final offer.
TB: Great, lets shake.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Poyet would have been slaughtered on here for saying "It would be even better if I can do it with Brighton, but if there is an opportunity for me to do it with another club I think it is going to be hard for me to turn it down."

No. He wasn't slaughtered - everyone tended to agree with him the first few hundred times he said it. By the end though he was clearly just touting himself around to anyone who would have him. At that point he was rightly slated - but not by enough people in my opinion.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's not. Prem clubs are generally run by idiots. The negotiations would go like this between TB and a PL club:

TB: we'd like £3m for Bridcutt
PL: we'll give you £5m for him
TB: really? we're happy with £3m
PL: okay, jeez hard bargain in the Championship, we'll up our offer to £6m
TB: but really I was expecting to be knocked down to £2.5m
PL: £7m final offer.
TB: Great, lets shake.

That's the Abramovic school of negotiations, except you add a few more millions onto the numbers :laugh:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I know he has been out for a whilem, but after watching him Tuesday put in an average performance, I'm not sure he would cope at a higher level.

He is very good playing the Poyet way, but that's not going to help him against world class attacking midfielders.

He was far from his best on Tuesday but I'm putting that down to an impressive Barnsley performance and his first full match back.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Wont get that in a million years lol. Bloom would probs take £2m for him maybe try get 2.5 as it is Sunderland and Poyet

Not worth selling him for £2m. He's too valuable to us - so we won't sell at that price. And no, Ince is not a ready made substitute. If he goes it will be for a sum we can't refuse - which is more likely to be £4-6m maybe - not £2m.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Sadly, I suspect you're pretty much on the money with that guestimate.

My opinion is that you highly undervalue a 24 year old full international who happens to be one of the best players in the division.

I don't think he underestimates Bridcutt by any means, I thinki he has been realistic with the price. It's not about how much we , the fans, value him but how much potential buyers are willing to pay. If nobody other than Sunderland come in for him there isn't going to be a bidding war and I suspect we will cave in and let him go relatively cheap.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wont get that in a million years lol. Bloom would probs take £2m for him maybe try get 2.5 as it is Sunderland and Poyet

I seem to remember we turned down a £5M bid from Swansea for Buckley last January. TB will only sell Bridders if the price is right.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sadly, I suspect you're pretty much on the money with that guestimate.

I don't think he underestimates Bridcutt by any means, I thinki he has been realistic with the price. It's not about how much we , the fans, value him but how much potential buyers are willing to pay. If nobody other than Sunderland come in for him there isn't going to be a bidding war and I suspect we will cave in and let him go relatively cheap.

We don't need to cave in, because we don't need to sell him. If he were to go, and there were only one club interested, it would be because that club was willing to pay something we were prepared to accept in business terms, not in survival mode.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We don't need to cave in, because we don't need to sell him. If he were to go, and there were only one club interested, it would be because that club was willing to pay something we were prepared to accept in business terms, not in survival mode.

Okay, maybe cave in was the wrong choice of words, but if Sunderland want him and Liam wants to go it's pretty much a done deal, especially as his contract is running down now. We simply will not receive anything like the £6-8m people are hoping for.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We'd be mad to turn down a decent offer in January, particularly now that Ince has come through. It'll be interesting to see how many clubs come in for him if it appears that we're open to offers. From memory there has previously been interest from Norwich, Palace, Cardiff, Fulham, Villa and now Sunderland. It could be an interesting bidding war.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Okay, maybe cave in was the wrong choice of words, but if Sunderland want him and Liam wants to go it's pretty much a done deal, especially as his contract is running down now. We simply will not receive anything like the £6-8m people are hoping for.

Fine - I think you are right that £6-8m would be optimistic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here